Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 23707
Location: your girls place
I find it hard to believe we don't have 1 decent goalkeeper in all of the NFL. What about Alampasu and Emanuel Daniel? Somebody is trying to force Apkeyi and Ezenwa on Nigeria the same way Agbim was forced on us 4yrs ago.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33515
Location: UK
bully12 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are simply not going to let this go, are you?
Yes we really need Enyema back to the team but the guy that calls himself Obong is egregiously tribalistic and nepotism to my disliking . He eats and breaths nepotism to infinity.
Like how? When?
I don't know Obong from Adam but there is no evidence whatsoever to back up your accusation. If you are so good at spotting 'egregious tribalism', how come you only see it in people of other ethnic groups and NEVER your own?
In fact, you are a vocal supporter of some of the most vile ethnicists on this forum. Not once have you accused any of 'your people' of tribalism, egregious or otherwise.
Na Damunk, Lolly, Obong you see. :lol:
Carry on. :idea: :idea: :idea:
How can you see it ? A blind does not lead a blind
Yes, yes, yes.
But answer the question. :roll:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33515
Location: UK
bret- hart wrote:
I find it hard to believe we don't have 1 decent goalkeeper in all of the NFL. What about Alampasu and Emanuel Daniel? Somebody is trying to force Apkeyi and Ezenwa on Nigeria the same way Agbim was forced on us 4yrs ago.
What is even happening to Alampasu sef?
Great expectations followed his young career.

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 23707
Location: your girls place
Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
I find it hard to believe we don't have 1 decent goalkeeper in all of the NFL. What about Alampasu and Emanuel Daniel? Somebody is trying to force Apkeyi and Ezenwa on Nigeria the same way Agbim was forced on us 4yrs ago.
What is even happening to Alampasu sef?
Great expectations followed his young career.



He is in the Portuguese 3rd division.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38466
bret- hart wrote:
I find it hard to believe we don't have 1 decent goalkeeper in all of the NFL. What about Alampasu and Emanuel Daniel? Somebody is trying to force Apkeyi and Ezenwa on Nigeria the same way Agbim was forced on us 4yrs ago.


Bret Fart, maybe we can beg the Nigerian Nightmare, Okoye, to unretire and come keep for Nigeria

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 4635
Location: The Niger Delta
Damunk wrote:
bully12 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are simply not going to let this go, are you?
Yes we really need Enyema back to the team but the guy that calls himself Obong is egregiously tribalistic and nepotism to my disliking . He eats and breaths nepotism to infinity.
Like how? When?
I don't know Obong from Adam but there is no evidence whatsoever to back up your accusation. If you are so good at spotting 'egregious tribalism', how come you only see it in people of other ethnic groups and NEVER your own?
In fact, you are a vocal supporter of some of the most vile ethnicists on this forum. Not once have you accused any of 'your people' of tribalism, egregious or otherwise.
Na Damunk, Lolly, Obong you see. :lol:
Carry on. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Damunk,
This bully12 happenstance sounds like an escapee from a nearby asylum. Pray, don't engage his likes. That'll dignify him and his idle and biased rant.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 6918
Obong,
The fact of the matter is, the perception he has given to most Nigerian fans is that he is a high maintenance person (aka drama queen). I mean, which Nigerian coach, in recent times , has he not had an issue with? Siasia, Amodu, Keshi, Oliseh, not to mention his beefs with different NFF people. I even understand he went off on a rant against Rohr. Is he the first person to keep for Nigeria? What nonsense!

So, his Mom passed away - deepest condolences. But the truth of the matter is that he was given time off to grieve and tidy his family affairs by the coach (Oliseh), but HE choose to show up in camp. He then decides to make a big stink and disrespect the coach in front of other players, just because he didn't like the fact that the coach chose to go in another direction. I mean, how immature is that?

Enough is enough. Nigeria has the potential to rise to new heights with this young crop of players we now have. Don't need this immature 40-something yr old grouch ruining everything with his drama. He needs to stay away and focus on his club career. Besides, its time to groom other up and coming keepers.

Obong wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Please!
The guy should focus on what's left of his career and leave the SE to the up and coming younger players.

I am sick of his big-man attitude and lack of respect for authority. The guy is nothing but a drama queen!
He should stay the f--k away from the SE!
Obong wrote:
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/20/nff-to-rohr-enyeama-had-problems-with-oliseh-not-us-feel-free-to-invite-him/

With Ikeme injured and Akpeyi and Ezenwa not exactly awe-inspiring, I believe it is only appropriate for Enyeama to be invited. The player should realize that whatever personal or ego issues are minute compared with his country's call and the need to set a record for appearing in 4 World Cups! Any areas of misunderstanding needs to be addressed by all parties. The impending camp in France will be perfect to sort everything out and reunite with the team. Over to you Herr Rohr and Vincent.


Otitokoro,

At the risk of seeming to defend Enyeama, I doubt if the description of having a big-man attitude and lack of respect for authority does not fit the Enyeama some of us have come to know. Some of it stems from negative media, some from wrong perception. In about 13 years of national team play, I doubt there are many that have his good disciplinary record. His run-ins with NFF officials largely rose from his captaincy days. With the shortcomings our NFFs have had over the years, one can hardly fault a captain that needs to speak up for his team. As for the Oliseh saga, its always best to view the episode from the prism of a bereaved Enyeama who just buried his Mom on Saturday, had a Thanksgiving service on Sunday, and reported to camp in Belgium on Monday only to be informed unceremoniously that he was no longer captain. Granted, Enyeama should have allowed a cooler head to prevail, but is that enough for him to get a bad-boy reputation? After over a decade?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 4635
Location: The Niger Delta
Otitokoro,
Maybe because I know Enyeama (not in detail, though) and I was coached by his Dad in my university days. You'll agree that in many circumstances, perception is vastly different from reality. An indication of the kind of person Enyeama is lies in his personal life. His steady marriage and close-knit family life illustrates more than some negative news in the media, while his personal discipline has allowed him play at the top of the game since his days at Akwa United. Inasmuch as age is not a disadvantage to goalkeepers(ask Buffon today, or the likes of Peter Shilton of England in the past), let me note that Enyeama started keeping for Akwa United as an undergraduate of University of Uyo as a teenager. He proceeded to Enyimba after university and then to Israel and now France. Even if he was 21 at the 2002 World Cup (he was still a student, I believe), he certainly is not 40 yet. I agree that it is time to groom other goalkeepers, but have we seen anything in that direction? The World Cup is next year. We are shaping up to having an explosive team, but our Achilles heel is the goalkeeper department. Save for Ikeme, the rest do not really give much confidence (I would give Emmanuel Daniel some props, though. He showed potential at the Olympics). Problem is that Ikeme is presently injured and seems to have fitness issues. If any issues can be resolved, and Enyeama buys in to the present management and rules, why not? He is Nigerian and I do not doubt his patriotism. His experience along with that of the likes of Captain Mikel, Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Echejilie, and maybe a possible returnee like Ambrose will give the young team much needed experience and backbone in Russia. It would also be a befitting way for one of our best ever goalkeepers to end his International career.
Also, much respect for the decency, civility and rationale of your post on this thread.

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 6918
Obong,
I understand and appreciate your sentimental attachment to the guy, but Nigeria really needs to move forward.
We cannot continue to recycle these old guards - the new and younger players are on a roll here and bringing this guy back is going to derail the process. Nigeria ALWAYS fails when this happens (from the days of bringing back Odiye and Chukwu in 1982) and other episodes, it never seems to bode well. Not to mention this guy has such a recalcitrant nature when with the SE.

We need to take that leap of faith and source for young, up and coming keepers and throw them into the mix. Heck, Onigbinde (as much as folks hate the guy) provided a goalkeeping platform for Nigeria when he took two young greenhorns (Austin Ejide and Enyeama) to the 2002 WC, much to the consternation of most Nigerian soccer fans. That decision benefited Nigeria for over a decade. Its time to do that again. There are some young, potentially good Nigerian keepers in Europe right now that need to be looked at (Nwokolor, Osigwe, Alampasu, Daniel, etc) should be looked and ASAP.

You cannot continue to advocate for a man who is on the downward slope of his career, especially when he is notorious for being such a divisive element. Regarding his age, I am sure he is closer to 40 than the 34 he is purporting (his football age).
Obong wrote:
Otitokoro,
Maybe because I know Enyeama (not in detail, though) and I was coached by his Dad in my university days. You'll agree that in many circumstances, perception is vastly different from reality. An indication of the kind of person Enyeama is lies in his personal life. His steady marriage and close-knit family life illustrates more than some negative news in the media, while his personal discipline has allowed him play at the top of the game since his days at Akwa United. Inasmuch as age is not a disadvantage to goalkeepers(ask Buffon today, or the likes of Peter Shilton of England in the past), let me note that Enyeama started keeping for Akwa United as an undergraduate of University of Uyo as a teenager. He proceeded to Enyimba after university and then to Israel and now France. Even if he was 21 at the 2002 World Cup (he was still a student, I believe), he certainly is not 40 yet. I agree that it is time to groom other goalkeepers, but have we seen anything in that direction? The World Cup is next year. We are shaping up to having an explosive team, but our Achilles heel is the goalkeeper department. Save for Ikeme, the rest do not really give much confidence (I would give Emmanuel Daniel some props, though. He showed potential at the Olympics). Problem is that Ikeme is presently injured and seems to have fitness issues. If any issues can be resolved, and Enyeama buys in to the present management and rules, why not? He is Nigerian and I do not doubt his patriotism. His experience along with that of the likes of Captain Mikel, Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Echejilie, and maybe a possible returnee like Ambrose will give the young team much needed experience and backbone in Russia. It would also be a befitting way for one of our best ever goalkeepers to end his International career.
Also, much respect for the decency, civility and rationale of your post on this thread.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:21 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33515
Location: UK
Otitokoro, no pun intended, but 'the bitter truth' is that we are worryingly short of good, experienced 'keepers for the SE at the moment. That GK position is one position you cannot really afford to compromise and experience is vital. Any outfield player will tell you that a great keeper behind them gives them supreme confidence.

I am not willing to share the negative views that seem to have taken root on Enyeama because, like Obong said, perception and reality are often so different. It's all about the media and how on balance they get to portray you. So I'd rather keep an open mind.

By GK standards he is not old.
By GK standards he is top drawer.
By GK standards he is undisputably the best we have got.
Everything else is pure sentiment. Disruptive influence? I am pretty certain none of the young players that populate the current SE will be anything short of thrilled to have such a legend back in their midst.

I've never been a fan of discarding top players just for the sake of bringing in the so-called 'young, hungry' players. The WC campaign is not where you 'groom' new players. Players are groomed in their clubs and it is the role of the national coach to cherry pick. If we are still 'grooming' national GKs 15 months before the WC then we don't know what we are doing.

Nigerians don't like outspoken individuals despite the fact that on average the Nigerian is outspoken. Not everyone is a Mikel, JJ or CCC. The outspoken captains we have had have always been portrayed as problematic - Keshi, Oliseh, Enyeama. Why?

I'm sure all they ever tried to do was speak out against an injustice going on in the national camp.
Anyway, IMHO Enyeama should be persuaded to give it another final shot.
He will not only be welcomed but celebrated.

For someone that calls himself 'Otitokoro', you probably would have been just as outspoken if placed in such a position. :D
Would that make you arrogant, or a bad person? :idea:

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 7288
Damunk wrote:
Otitokoro, no pun intended, but 'the bitter truth' is that we are worryingly short of good, experienced 'keepers for the SE at the moment. That GK position is one position you cannot really afford to compromise and experience is vital. Any outfield player will tell you that a great keeper behind them gives them supreme confidence.

I am not willing to share the negative views that seem to have taken root on Enyeama because, like Obong said, perception and reality are often so different. It's all about the media and how on balance they get to portray you. So I'd rather keep an open mind.

By GK standards he is not old.
By GK standards he is top drawer.
By GK standards he is undisputably the best we have got.
Everything else is pure sentiment. Disruptive influence? I am pretty certain none of the young players that populate the current SE will be anything short of thrilled to have such a legend back in their midst.

I've never been a fan of discarding top players just for the sake of bringing in the so-called 'young, hungry' players. The WC campaign is not where you 'groom' new players. Players are groomed in their clubs and it is the role of the national coach to cherry pick. If we are still 'grooming' national GKs 15 months before the WC then we don't know what we are doing.

Nigerians don't like outspoken individuals despite the fact that on average the Nigerian is outspoken. Not everyone is a Mikel, JJ or CCC. The outspoken captains we have had have always been portrayed as problematic - Keshi, Oliseh, Enyeama. Why?

I'm sure all they ever tried to do was speak out against an injustice going on in the national camp.
Anyway, IMHO Enyeama should be persuaded to give it another final shot.
He will not only be welcomed but celebrated.

For someone that calls himself 'Otitokoro', you probably would have been just as outspoken if placed in such a position. :D
Would that make you arrogant, or a bad person? :idea:

Props to Obong and yourself. I completely agree with your point and the bitter truth is that we need Enyeama at this point. The WC is next year and we do not have time on our hands. The Onigbinde that Otitokoro mentioned used the veteran Ike Shorounmu for the first 2 matches and onlt when we were out did he experiment with Enyeama. I bet if we still had a chance to advance in the game against England, he would not have picked Enyeama ahead of Shorounmu. At the WC level, we need the best and Vincent is the best we currently have.

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14600
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Damunk wrote:
Otitokoro, no pun intended, but 'the bitter truth' is that we are worryingly short of good, experienced 'keepers for the SE at the moment. That GK position is one position you cannot really afford to compromise and experience is vital. Any outfield player will tell you that a great keeper behind them gives them supreme confidence.

I am not willing to share the negative views that seem to have taken root on Enyeama because, like Obong said, perception and reality are often so different. It's all about the media and how on balance they get to portray you. So I'd rather keep an open mind.

By GK standards he is not old.
By GK standards he is top drawer.
By GK standards he is undisputably the best we have got.
Everything else is pure sentiment. Disruptive influence? I am pretty certain none of the young players that populate the current SE will be anything short of thrilled to have such a legend back in their midst.

I've never been a fan of discarding top players just for the sake of bringing in the so-called 'young, hungry' players. The WC campaign is not where you 'groom' new players. Players are groomed in their clubs and it is the role of the national coach to cherry pick. If we are still 'grooming' national GKs 15 months before the WC then we don't know what we are doing.

Nigerians don't like outspoken individuals despite the fact that on average the Nigerian is outspoken. Not everyone is a Mikel, JJ or CCC. The outspoken captains we have had have always been portrayed as problematic - Keshi, Oliseh, Enyeama. Why?

I'm sure all they ever tried to do was speak out against an injustice going on in the national camp.
Anyway, IMHO Enyeama should be persuaded to give it another final shot.
He will not only be welcomed but celebrated.

For someone that calls himself 'Otitokoro', you probably would have been just as outspoken if placed in such a position. :D
Would that make you arrogant, or a bad person? :idea:


I KPOM this statement. Point is World Cup is just about a year away and if we are not comfortable with Ezenwa and Akpeyi, why do we expect better from Alampasu currently in division 3? I would rather have Enyeama back. After all, a deep analysis of his travails with Nigerian football is about his stellar representation of his fellow players and conflict with Oliseh who was intent in getting rid of not just Enyeama but Mikel and perhaps others for reasons that were not exactly footballing reasons.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 12752
I'm glad ROHR knows better than to ignore Vincent. The cameroun game is just around the corner and Ikeme has missed more games than he has played. If we want to qualify and make any impact at the wc we better come to terms with Vince.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3243
What happened to Austin Ejide ? Did he retire? He was a good backup goalkeeper could have been extremely beneficial right now. SE goalkeeping situation is definitely dicey right now. This was one of the reason why I accuse Keshi of almost decimate SE . For almost 6 years he used to parade feckless Agbim he could have used to discover and develop a good successor to Enyema and Ejide.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:31 pm
Posts: 4635
Location: The Niger Delta
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
I'm glad ROHR knows better than to ignore Vincent. The cameroun game is just around the corner and Ikeme has missed more games than he has played. If we want to qualify and make any impact at the wc we better come to terms with Vince.


http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/22/ex ... for-talks/

It appears Rohr is moving ahead with Enyeama talks...

_________________
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38466
I think Vincent is still good enough to add value to the team but I think it's a bad idea to try to convince him to rejoin the team. How will he fit into the team now? Will he accept being the 2nd choice goalkeeper? How about the fact that he was the captain prior to his being excluded from the team? Will he be content coming in as an ordinary member of the team even though he would be the most capped and oldest player on the team? I would have no problem bringing him back if he is the one that approached the team to come back, but it would be disastrous to persuade him to come back to the team when he is okay with staying retired.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14600
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Obong wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
I'm glad ROHR knows better than to ignore Vincent. The cameroun game is just around the corner and Ikeme has missed more games than he has played. If we want to qualify and make any impact at the wc we better come to terms with Vince.


http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/22/ex ... for-talks/

It appears Rohr is moving ahead with Enyeama talks...


He should. While he can invite a young goalkeeper to groom for the future, it is important that we have an experienced Vincent and not rely on an injury-prone Ikeme for the upcoming World Cup.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 2433
Otitokoro wrote:
Obong,
I understand and appreciate your sentimental attachment to the guy, but Nigeria really needs to move forward.
We cannot continue to recycle these old guards - the new and younger players are on a roll here and bringing this guy back is going to derail the process. Nigeria ALWAYS fails when this happens (from the days of bringing back Odiye and Chukwu in 1982) and other episodes, it never seems to bode well. Not to mention this guy has such a recalcitrant nature when with the SE.

We need to take that leap of faith and source for young, up and coming keepers and throw them into the mix. Heck, Onigbinde (as much as folks hate the guy) provided a goalkeeping platform for Nigeria when he took two young greenhorns (Austin Ejide and Enyeama) to the 2002 WC, much to the consternation of most Nigerian soccer fans. That decision benefited Nigeria for over a decade. Its time to do that again. There are some young, potentially good Nigerian keepers in Europe right now that need to be looked at (Nwokolor, Osigwe, Alampasu, Daniel, etc) should be looked and ASAP.

You cannot continue to advocate for a man who is on the downward slope of his career, especially when he is notorious for being such a divisive element. Regarding his age, I am sure he is closer to 40 than the 34 he is purporting (his football age).
Obong wrote:
Otitokoro,
Maybe because I know Enyeama (not in detail, though) and I was coached by his Dad in my university days. You'll agree that in many circumstances, perception is vastly different from reality. An indication of the kind of person Enyeama is lies in his personal life. His steady marriage and close-knit family life illustrates more than some negative news in the media, while his personal discipline has allowed him play at the top of the game since his days at Akwa United. Inasmuch as age is not a disadvantage to goalkeepers(ask Buffon today, or the likes of Peter Shilton of England in the past), let me note that Enyeama started keeping for Akwa United as an undergraduate of University of Uyo as a teenager. He proceeded to Enyimba after university and then to Israel and now France. Even if he was 21 at the 2002 World Cup (he was still a student, I believe), he certainly is not 40 yet. I agree that it is time to groom other goalkeepers, but have we seen anything in that direction? The World Cup is next year. We are shaping up to having an explosive team, but our Achilles heel is the goalkeeper department. Save for Ikeme, the rest do not really give much confidence (I would give Emmanuel Daniel some props, though. He showed potential at the Olympics). Problem is that Ikeme is presently injured and seems to have fitness issues. If any issues can be resolved, and Enyeama buys in to the present management and rules, why not? He is Nigerian and I do not doubt his patriotism. His experience along with that of the likes of Captain Mikel, Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Echejilie, and maybe a possible returnee like Ambrose will give the young team much needed experience and backbone in Russia. It would also be a befitting way for one of our best ever goalkeepers to end his International career.
Also, much respect for the decency, civility and rationale of your post on this thread.

Sir, the highlighted clearly do not square with the facts, no matter how many times you continue to spew them!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 6918
My assertion is based on this thread...see comments in the 5th post down.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=264239&p=4588740&hilit=enyeama#p4588740
Spicyee wrote:
...
You cannot continue to advocate for [size0]a man who is on the downward slope of his career[/size], especially when he is notorious for being such a divisive element. Regarding his age, I am sure he is closer to 40 than the 34 he is purporting (his football age).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14600
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Otitokoro wrote:
My assertion is based on this thread...see comments in the 5th post down.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=264239&p=4588740&hilit=enyeama#p4588740
Spicyee wrote:
...
You cannot continue to advocate for [size0]a man who is on the downward slope of his career[/size], especially when he is notorious for being such a divisive element. Regarding his age, I am sure he is closer to 40 than the 34 he is purporting (his football age).


Otitokoro,

Fine. I understand your concern but the fact is that the WC is just a year away and none of the young lads has shown ability to be better and the two reserves currently used by Rohr are adequate at best. On current form (speculative age and all), Enyeama is presently better than all those options and we are barely a year away. Remember the reserve goalie on this team is very likely to play because of Ikeme's propensity for being injured. That is a fact that we are faced with. It isn't a position for a novice.

Now, if you are talking about a tournament that is three years away then I surely can understand your point and would be in support of it.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 6918
Having the so-called 'best' does NOT necessarily translate into success. Success is based on team balance and the right dynamics.
Bringing Enyeama back, with his ego issues and drama, will do nothing but upset that balance Nigeria is currently enjoying under Rohr.
Do you honestly believe that he would settle for being #2? Someone who was captain and undisputedly the #1 for many years? Would there be an appetite to massage his ego? Think of having to go through the whole process of 'team building' again, with him coming back (storming, forming, norming and performing)? Bear in mind, the team is laden with several newbies who never played with him. Is there enough time for the team to go through all that before Cameroon? France won the 1998 WC without 2 of their very best players because of this (David Ginola and Eric Cantona). Team dynamics and the will to win is what pulls you through.
Let's leave 'well enough' alone. We do NOT need this guy who wants to have his ego continuously massaged.
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
My assertion is based on this thread...see comments in the 5th post down.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=264239&p=4588740&hilit=enyeama#p4588740
Spicyee wrote:
...
You cannot continue to advocate for [size0]a man who is on the downward slope of his career[/size], especially when he is notorious for being such a divisive element. Regarding his age, I am sure he is closer to 40 than the 34 he is purporting (his football age).


Otitokoro,

Fine. I understand your concern but the fact is that the WC is just a year away and none of the young lads has shown ability to be better and the two reserves currently used by Rohr are adequate at best. On current form (speculative age and all), Enyeama is presently better than all those options and we are barely a year away. Remember the reserve goalie on this team is very likely to play because of Ikeme's propensity for being injured. That is a fact that we are faced with. It isn't a position for a novice.

Now, if you are talking about a tournament that is three years away then I surely can understand your point and would be in support of it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14600
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Otitokoro,

If indeed he isn't willing to start from the bench, at least in the beginning, then of course Rohr will not need him. However, I am not sure that Enyeama is disruptive as you state. He has been involved in conflicts but surely the conflict with Oliseh was not all his fault. This guy surely was not disruptive when he helped Nigeria win the AFCON under Keshi, if I recall. Would you describe Mikel as disruptive as well? Yet, Mikel also fell out with Oliseh and has been involved in conflicts with the NFF just as much as Enyeama. Point is these issues cannot be divorced from the attitude of Coach Oliseh.

Otitokoro wrote:
Having the so-called 'best' does NOT necessarily translate into success. Success is based on team balance and the right dynamics.
Bringing Enyeama back, with his ego issues and drama, will do nothing but upset that balance Nigeria is currently enjoying under Rohr.
Do you honestly believe that he would settle for being #2? Someone who was captain and undisputedly the #1 for many years? Would there be an appetite to massage his ego? Think of having to go through the whole process of 'team building' again, with him coming back (storming, forming, norming and performing)? Bear in mind, the team is laden with several newbies who never played with him. Is there enough time for the team to go through all that before Cameroon? France won the 1998 WC without 2 of their very best players because of this (David Ginola and Eric Cantona). Team dynamics and the will to win is what pulls you through.
Let's leave 'well enough' alone. We do NOT need this guy who wants to have his ego continuously massaged.
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
My assertion is based on this thread...see comments in the 5th post down.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=264239&p=4588740&hilit=enyeama#p4588740
Spicyee wrote:
...
You cannot continue to advocate for [size0]a man who is on the downward slope of his career[/size], especially when he is notorious for being such a divisive element. Regarding his age, I am sure he is closer to 40 than the 34 he is purporting (his football age).


Otitokoro,

Fine. I understand your concern but the fact is that the WC is just a year away and none of the young lads has shown ability to be better and the two reserves currently used by Rohr are adequate at best. On current form (speculative age and all), Enyeama is presently better than all those options and we are barely a year away. Remember the reserve goalie on this team is very likely to play because of Ikeme's propensity for being injured. That is a fact that we are faced with. It isn't a position for a novice.

Now, if you are talking about a tournament that is three years away then I surely can understand your point and would be in support of it.

_________________
Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines
how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 33515
Location: UK
Chief, with all due respect I believe you are perpetuating a few myths here to promote your own argument.
You state them as if established facts, whereas they are at best feelings.
Otitokoro wrote:
Having the so-called 'best' does NOT necessarily translate into success. Success is based on team balance and the right dynamics.
Bringing Enyeama back, with his ego issues and drama, will do nothing but upset that balance Nigeria is currently enjoying under Rohr.
Which ego? On what basis are you categorically saying he has an (oversized) ego?
And what is the basis to saying his presence will unbalance the team? Enyeama from all we know was a very popular and very good captain when in position. He is no less respected within the player ranks than he is with us the fans. So where is this 'disruptive' theory coming from? Has there been any indication from any quarters that Enyeama was unpopular or disruptive amongst the players?
This is your own theory which doesn't really holdup to the facts as we know them to be.


Quote:
Do you honestly believe that he would settle for being #2? Someone who was captain and undisputedly the #1 for many years?
And why not? You point here is again premised on this mythical overinflated ego he is supposed to have. I am pretty sure that Enyeama would have no qualms coming in as a 'senior statesman'. Captain band or not, he will be respected amongst the players and sometimes you don't have to wear the armband for your influence and experience to be recognized. Football is replete with senior players playing under the leadership of a younger, less experienced captain. Its part of the game and unless Enyeama is one helluva diva - for which there is no evidence - then it really should not be the problem you are making it out to be.

Quote:
Would there be an appetite to massage his ego? Think of having to go through the whole process of 'team building' again, with him coming back (storming, forming, norming and performing)?
Same questionable premise.
The team does NOT have to be rebuilt just because 'Bros Enyeama' is back. Why should it? I don't get it.

Quote:
Bear in mind, the team is laden with several newbies who never played with him. Is there enough time for the team to go through all that before Cameroon? France won the 1998 WC without 2 of their very best players because of this (David Ginola and Eric Cantona).
Chief, you dey stretch o! :D Big time.
He is a GK for God's sake. Meaning....he is the easiest team member to be introduced and integrated into an established system - more than any other position.
Its not as if he is the team's central playmaker. :?

Quote:
Team dynamics and the will to win is what pulls you through. Let's leave 'well enough' alone. We do NOT need .
E be like say you no just want this guy and are ready to say anything to support your position.
Anyway, you are entitled to believe whatever you want about him but I am pretty sure you will be proven totally wrong. I am assuming you'd be hppy to be proven wrong because you want the best outcome, just like the rest of.

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Rawlings and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group