Breaking News.... Ugo Ehiogu RIP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Breaking News.... Ugo Ehiogu RIP

Post by Bigpokey24 »

RIP to Ugo... .folks enjoy each and every day....God is love
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...what a fragile world.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

A true gentleman.

Rest In Peace Ugo
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Waffiman wrote:A true gentleman.

Rest In Peace Ugo
Big Ugo it is more shocking for me as I saw him at tottenham training center a few months ago and he was reading in front of me giving an interview, he was one of the up and coming coaches at spurs coaching the U21 then U23. A real gentleman
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

dcf1 wrote:Could/should have been in the 1998 and 2002 Nigeria World Cup squads. Probably regretted picking England, I suspect.

RIP. A lovely man.
I don't know if it is a good time to mention this but I met Ugo around 2014-15 season to have a look around Spurs new training facilities. Ugo told me he regretted for not playing for Nigeria as he wanted to play with the likes of Okocha and Kanu. Give him credit for becoming the first U21 black player to captain the England team in the early 90s. Its a shame he was under-appreciated by the likes of Venables, Hoddle, Keegan and Eriksson. He was the nicest coach I have met at the training centre. I can also add that he wanted to join Spurs in the late 90s but we opted to sign Chris Perry. He is a Hackney boy (see twitter link). Imagine a defence line-up of Ehiogu and Campbell at Spurs.
Most of the youth players at Spurs adored Ugo and fully respected him as a coach and a person. Fully respected by the coaching staff and ex-professional football players.

Ugochuku Ehiogu, May you Rest in Peace.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:

Rest In Peace Ugo
Big Ugo it is more shocking for me as I saw him at tottenham training center a few months ago and he was reading in front of me giving an interview, he was one of the up and coming coaches at spurs coaching the U21 then U23. A real gentleman
My bro, it is a real shock. I first met Ugo when he played for Villa at a nightclub and we have kept in contact ever since. I live in Southgate which is next door to Tottenham and have many friends in Tottenham. Two of them have their children in the Spurs Academy and they have so much respect and love for Ugo.

He is well loved and respected for his coaching work. He was a much sought after coach and was known for his innovative approaches. He also was grassroots, working tirelessly for the kids to get free spaces to play football. He campaigned against these playing businesses that charge parents money for their kids to play football. I remember I used to pay £5 for each of my 3 boys to play for 1 hour in 5-a-side games at a sports centre in Whitehart lane. Today, it is free, thanks to him. His efforts preserved spaces and centres for kids to play for free.

He is also well loved and respected in the community especially amongst the Nigerians. Ugo na my man. His death has left me sad as I try to make sense of how a man so fit can go the way he did.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Paul Merson ......
RIP Ugo

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

kenmega wrote:
dcf1 wrote:Could/should have been in the 1998 and 2002 Nigeria World Cup squads. Probably regretted picking England, I suspect.

RIP. A lovely man.
I don't know if it is a good time to mention this but I met Ugo around 2014-15 season to have a look around Spurs new training facilities. Ugo told me he regretted for not playing for Nigeria as he wanted to play with the likes of Okocha and Kanu. Give him credit for becoming the first U21 black player to captain the England team in the early 90s. Its a shame he was under-appreciated by the likes of Venables, Hoddle, Keegan and Eriksson. He was the nicest coach I have met at the training centre. I can also add that he wanted to join Spurs in the late 90s but we opted to sign Chris Perry. He is a Hackney boy (see twitter link). Imagine a defence line-up of Ehiogu and Campbell at Spurs.
Most of the youth players at Spurs adored Ugo and fully respected him as a coach and a person. Fully respected by the coaching staff and ex-professional football players.

Ugochuku Ehiogu, May you Rest in Peace.
I mentioned this in the other thread, 4 England caps in about 7/8 years of being involved with England squads is criminal for a player of Ugo's talent. Between the four England managers mentioned they could only give him 4 caps. He was one of the best CDs of his generation. I hope other dual nationality players learn from his experience. May his gentle soul RIP.
I am happy
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
Prince wrote:

Rest In Peace Ugo
My bro, it is a real shock. I first met Ugo when he played for Villa at a nightclub and we have kept in contact ever since. I live in Southgate which is next door to Tottenham and have many friends in Tottenham. Two of them have their children in the Spurs Academy and they have so much respect and love for Ugo.

He is well loved and respected for his coaching work. He was a much sought after coach and was known for his innovative approaches. He also was grassroots, working tirelessly for the kids to get free spaces to play football. He campaigned against these playing businesses that charge parents money for their kids to play football. I remember I used to pay £5 for each of my 3 boys to play for 1 hour in 5-a-side games at a sports centre in Whitehart lane. Today, it is free, thanks to him. His efforts preserved spaces and centres for kids to play for free.

He is also well loved and respected in the community especially amongst the Nigerians. Ugo na my man. His death has left me sad as I try to make sense of how a man so fit can go the way he did.
Bros I no go lie. My mood has been low because of this news. That such a man can go like that in one day. This life is just a bus stop. One day persin bus go show up for return leg.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8