Dortmund team bus involved in explosion

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Dortmund team bus involved in explosion

Post by toyin133 »

Borussia Dortmund team bus involved in explosion ahead of Monaco tie
• Marc Bartra reportedly taken to hospital after incident in Höchsten
• Dortmund had been due to face Monaco at Westfalenstadion

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed their team bus has been involved in an explosion ahead of their Champions League quarter-final against Monaco with defender Marc Bartra reported to have been taken to hospital.

A tweet from the German club’s official Twitter account an hour before kick-off at the Westfalenstadion read: “At our bus departure, an incident has occurred. One person was injured. More information to follow.”

A later tweet read: “Bomb explosion on the team bus at the team hotel. Players in security. No danger at the stadium. More information to follow.”

Reports in Germany named the injured person as Spain international Bartra, with the 26-year-old having been taken to a local hospital. According to Bild, an explosive was deposited on the street in front of the bus although police have yet to give any more details.

“In the area of #Dortmund #Höchsten, there has been an #Explosion. We have strong forces on the ground. The situation is still unclear
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... n-team-bus
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dortmund team bus involved in explosion

Post by toyin133 »

Apparently the explosion was 10 miles away from the stadium and injury to Bartra not serious
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Wow. We thank God it wasn't serious
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wow, these people have come to destroy our sport
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

toyin133 wrote:Apparently the explosion was 10 miles away from the stadium and injury to Bartra not serious
How can you B injured 10 miles away from an explosion?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Apparently the explosion was 10 miles away from the stadium and injury to Bartra not serious
Either the reporting was wrong or the reading was faulty :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:
The team bus was not yet at the stadium
"A later tweet read: “Bomb explosion on the team bus at the team hotel. Players in security. No danger at the stadium. More information to follow.”"
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Game postponed till tomorrow
Danny Blanchflower
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Other news, Barcelona down 1-0 to juve
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

This sh@t is real with the crazy people putting bombs everywhere.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

If it's a terrorist activity, why why why, after Dortmund and it's fans were prominent in publicly welcoming refugees from Syria.

they should not disrupt the sport that unites people
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:If it's a terrorist activity, why why why, after Dortmund and it's fans were prominent in publicly welcoming refugees from Syria.

Honestly some people are sick in the head :curse: Could it be some stupid football hooligans taking things too far?
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:If it's a terrorist activity, why why why, after Dortmund and it's fans were prominent in publicly welcoming refugees from Syria.

wow. this is very unintelligent. What does terrorism have to do with Syria? Or even with islam? Are you one of those sanctimonious shameless hypocrites who call themselves Christians who think that terrorism = islam?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am just wondering what the reason for attacking the players/bus is and by who?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

danfo driver wrote:

wow. this is very unintelligent. What does terrorism have to do with Syria? Or even with islam? Are you one of those sanctimonious shameless hypocrites who call themselves Christians who think that terrorism = islam?
Don't be a politically correct moron. A significant share of global terrorism stems from Fundamental Muslims, practising Islam.

I hope you were being sarcastic, otherwise you are part of the problem.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Any updates to this craziness that is now a normal thing in society?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

danfo driver wrote:

Well as it turns out Benteke was right bbc reporting an "islamist" is being held by police

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39580594
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tbite wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Don't be a politically correct moron. A significant share of global terrorism stems from Fundamental Muslims, practising Islam.

I hope you were being sarcastic, otherwise you are part of the problem.
Prove this! I understand this is what the western news media reports to you, but you cant be this densely stupid, can you?

The KKK is an organization filled with christians. Dylan Roof, Benjamin McDowell, Robert Doggart, and Robert Dear, identify themselves as Christians. Alexandre Bissonnette, who ravaged a mosque in Quebec earlier this year is a christian. I can go on and on and on.

The problem here is that you are a dafty! and idiotic one at that, and thats why its easy for the media to manipulate your imbecility! Dont go out there and educate yourself. Sit inside and continue to wallow in your ignorance. b1t.ch!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Samora Machel wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Well as it turns out Benteke was right bbc reporting an "islamist" is being held by police

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39580594
Of course! thats the rhetoric hat has been used to manipulate small brained people. When Christians go on killing sprees does the BBC report a "Christian killer?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You guys are so gullible that it truly is very sad to see. Dont free your mind. Continue to allow your colonial master colonize your brain. smh
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Glad to see the Islamophobes are loud and out.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

kalani JR wrote:Glad to see the Islamophobes are loud and out.
So you do not believe that a significant amount of terrorism is from Fundamental Islam?

Anybody who doesn't accept this basic truth is PART of the reason why terrorism exists in the first place!

I personally have no interest in contributing towards terrorism. I am not in any way suggesting that this attack had even the slightest bit of Islamic influence, but in response to the danfo driver, Fundamentalist Islam is very much at the epicentre of global terrorism.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Tbite wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Glad to see the Islamophobes are loud and out.
So you do not believe that a significant amount of terrorism is from Fundamental Islam?

Anybody who doesn't accept this basic truth is PART of the reason why terrorism exists in the first place!

I personally have no interest in contributing towards terrorism. I am not in any way suggesting that this attack had even the slightest bit of Islamic influence, but in response to the danfo driver, Fundamentalist Islam is very much at the epicentre of global terrorism.
Depends on what you consider terrorism abi? In the same way, would you call dropping bombs via air on mostly innocent civilians terror? There is a big problem with trying tie the religion with this ideology that harms society in the worst way.