FA CUP: CHE 4 Vs 2 SPURS[Willx2, Haz, Matic ; Kane, Alli]FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FA CUP: CHE 4 Vs 2 SPURS[Willx2, Haz, Matic ; Kane, Alli

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:Chelsea had 5 shots on target today
Efficient.
And theY had 0 when Mourinho fooked them. EFFICIENT! :clap: :clap:
Last edited by danfo driver on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

and 4 goals. No be say I get bad belle oh! Na true I tok! This wasn't a case of one team being leaps above the other. This was a case of almost everything (well at least offensively) going well for Chelsea and Spurs actually carving out better chances than Chelsea, but doing less with them!

Look at Matic's goal, ok the ball comes to him at a good pace and he has yards of space, but the distance and the technique required still makes it a difficult proposition! You look back at the balls played in by Vertonghen, Eriksen etc, those were just scintillating deliveries!

You look back at the tackle from Son, Moses wasn't really going to do anything. The angle was a bit wide, at best he tries to cut back, but there were bodies in the box to block it, the GK was positioned well. Son went in early. Hazard took a good strike, but even then there were a sea of Spurs players, could easily have taken a deflection. Chelsea made everything count.

Spurs made more and made less count. See all the deliveries into the box that Spurs had! The freekicks, the corners, the hold up play! The passing that Spurs had in the first half was unrivalled and was much better than anything Chelsea did all game!

Spurs were too imbalanced in this game, too naive and not ruthless enough.
Last edited by Tbite on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Spurs were the better football team but problem is they did not lock the backdoor
yet haters will call JM names when he executes perfectly against the Blues
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

balo wrote:
Efficient.
Scored four 80% accuracy.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I hope Nathan Ake has played himself into the Chelsea defense with his performance today.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Tbite wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Tbite wrote:Backspin on the ball lol

Spurs were cursed by the gods. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
No Spurs are not. Two teams met and one won. Nothing about curses here. If Spurs were cursed, we would be losing to Wigan Athletic at this stage. Losing to a stronger team is no sign of a curse.
Just a joke about the way the match went. The match was actually even, but he scoreline does not suggest that.

It was almost as if you guys were destined to lose! Apart from the first goal, Chelsea were actually on the back foot in the early stages, even when they went up again they were under pressure! It was only when Hazard came on that Chelsea were really on the up tempo, BUT even then that was Chelsea's first shot on target in the second half! Matic's clean strike (all credit to him), but there weren't many shots on goal before that, the placement ended up being better than any player could ever hope for, top corner, even clipping the bar!

Then on the other end, you have the ball back spinning away from the line lol, the complete opposite of Matic's fortune.

The way you guys were controlling the game before Willian's second goal lol, Chelsea never controlled the game like that in the entire game, even when we were up 4-2. This is a very painful loss oh, not just an ordinary loss.
if i was a Spurs fan, i would be very happy with how Spurs is playing, in the coming season or two, this is a team that will dominate all the big teams and win big things.
Things are looking good over there.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

YUJAM wrote:Spurs were the better football team but problem is they did not lock the backdoor
I appreciated your feedback Yujam. That has been a Spurs problem this season and last season. We do need a player to unlock the backdoor next season. We were the better team but Chelsea dealt our team by bringing on Hazard and Costa in the 2nd half.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

How many hiring and firings does it take to get a good coach?
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

benteke wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

No Spurs are not. Two teams met and one won. Nothing about curses here. If Spurs were cursed, we would be losing to Wigan Athletic at this stage. Losing to a stronger team is no sign of a curse.
Just a joke about the way the match went. The match was actually even, but he scoreline does not suggest that.

It was almost as if you guys were destined to lose! Apart from the first goal, Chelsea were actually on the back foot in the early stages, even when they went up again they were under pressure! It was only when Hazard came on that Chelsea were really on the up tempo, BUT even then that was Chelsea's first shot on target in the second half! Matic's clean strike (all credit to him), but there weren't many shots on goal before that, the placement ended up being better than any player could ever hope for, top corner, even clipping the bar!

Then on the other end, you have the ball back spinning away from the line lol, the complete opposite of Matic's fortune.

The way you guys were controlling the game before Willian's second goal lol, Chelsea never controlled the game like that in the entire game, even when we were up 4-2. This is a very painful loss oh, not just an ordinary loss.
if i was a Spurs fan, i would be very happy with how Spurs is playing, in the coming season or two, this is a team that will dominate all the big teams and win big things.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

LOL :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: DUDE YOU ARE SOUNDING LIKE AN ARSENAL FAN!

And what do you think the other teams will do? Just sit there and be twerking?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

First of, Spurs is losing Danny Rose to City this summer. In a year or so, Kane, Erickson and Ali will be gone! Even Pochetino. What do you think this is? That the world will remain static?? This is why you strike when the Iron is hot! Take your chances once they come! no waiting!

smh
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cristao II wrote:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Molue Conductor wrote:
Then how were they the better team?

They always looked feeble when their midfield was breached.
Silly defensive mistakes led to openings. Weak free kicks given away and not picking up open guys outside the box.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

LOL :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: DUDE YOU ARE SOUNDING LIKE AN ARSENAL FAN!

And what do you think the other teams will do? Just sit there and be twerking?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

First of, Spurs is losing Danny Rose to City this summer. In a year or so, Kane, Erickson and Ali will be gone! Even Pochetino. What do you think this is? That the world will remain static?? This is why you strike when the Iron is hot! Take your chances once they come! no waiting!

smh
This is an improvement i have been watching over the last 2 seasons or so, Spurs are better now than they were last season, they will be a permanent fixture in the top 4, the way they are playing, i bet you want your team to play like this too all the time.

Spurs will not remain static, i am sure they will also improve their squad.

I am just giving props where i see them
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
benteke wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

smh
This is an improvement i have been watching over the last 2 seasons or so, Spurs are better now than they were last season, they will be a permanent fixture in the top 4, the way they are playing, i bet you want your team to play like this too all the time.

Spurs will not remain static, i am sure they will also improve their squad.

I am just giving props where i see them
Of course they are better now. Who did they lose last year? No one came in for their top stars because the big clubs wanted to see consistency. what do you think will happen when the big clubs start picking them apart? For instance, Rose is gone to City this summer, then you have Kane, Erickson and Ali who will be picked out too. who will remain? Nkoudou? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Truth is that Spurs has reached their Zenith! They simply cannot take that leap to the next level. If Poch has sense, he will make that move to Barca NOW!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

7 consecutive semi final losses, 10 consecutive Champions League no shows, London's laughing stocks.

@Benteke, history hinders the Hotspurs, last season was their chance, what will unfold this summer, will push the also rans into the albatross. Chelsea and Mancunia will go full tilt in the window. Tottenham are building a consistent squad but the benches of both sides says it all. Theres a way to go and that way will be stretched further come the summer.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

OH! I Forgot to even add that Eric Dier is an option for Man United in their search for Carrick's replacement.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Hope Poch learns from this loss. He conceded the initiative by changing his team to combat Chelsea and it just didn't work. He should have gone with the team he played against Bournemouth/Watford.
Cant blame him for this. Davies wouldnt have been able to hang with Moses. Trippier actually played better in the RWB role than Walker. It is a sad loss but the team will have to pick themselves up for the remaining EPL matches. This is his second semi-final in 3 years with Spurs. The team will get stronger.
Where did you get this fallacy that Davies wouldn't have been able to hang with Moses? Did you think Son was able to hang with Moses?
Poch got it wrong, every manager fucks up occassionally. The important thing is that he learns to leave a team that is playing well alone
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower