FA CUP: CHE 4 Vs 2 SPURS[Willx2, Haz, Matic ; Kane, Alli]FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FA CUP: CHE 4 Vs 2 SPURS[Willx2, Haz, Matic ; Kane, Alli

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
mischievous Lampard, he was just being arrogant here.

The point is that Spurs did play well, unfortunately they didn't win, that's all, it's not a big deal

What if Spurs somehow wins the title by some sheer luck, Lampard may ironically be found saying Chelsea played better all season :biggrin:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

The point is that Spurs did play well, unfortunately they didn't win, that's all, it's not a big deal

What if Spurs somehow wins the title by some sheer luck, Lampard may ironically be found saying Chelsea played better all season :biggrin:

LOL. He would find ways to mention the 13-game run that Chelsea didn't concede a goal.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Hope Poch learns from this loss. He conceded the initiative by changing his team to combat Chelsea and it just didn't work. He should have gone with the team he played against Bournemouth/Watford.
Cant blame him for this. Davies wouldnt have been able to hang with Moses. Trippier actually played better in the RWB role than Walker. It is a sad loss but the team will have to pick themselves up for the remaining EPL matches. This is his second semi-final in 3 years with Spurs. The team will get stronger.
Where did you get this fallacy that Davies wouldn't have been able to hang with Moses? Did you think Son was able to hang with Moses?
Poch got it wrong, every manager fucks up occassionally. The important thing is that he learns to leave a team that is playing well alone
Poch got that impression from the Liverpool game. Recall Davies' performance in that match. He made a gamble.

PS are we sure that Davies wasnt carrying a knock for this game.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Hope Poch learns from this loss. He conceded the initiative by changing his team to combat Chelsea and it just didn't work. He should have gone with the team he played against Bournemouth/Watford.
Cant blame him for this. Davies wouldnt have been able to hang with Moses. Trippier actually played better in the RWB role than Walker. It is a sad loss but the team will have to pick themselves up for the remaining EPL matches. This is his second semi-final in 3 years with Spurs. The team will get stronger.
Where did you get this fallacy that Davies wouldn't have been able to hang with Moses? Did you think Son was able to hang with Moses?
Poch got it wrong, every manager fucks up occassionally. The important thing is that he learns to leave a team that is playing well alone
Poch got that impression from the Liverpool game. Recall Davies' performance in that match. He made a gamble.

If the problem was poor defending by Davies, how does replacing him with Son help? Even if Davies was carrying a knock, the logical replacement should have been Trippier who later played that position relatively well. As you said, it was a gamble by Poch but quite a poor one which did not come off.
My argument is that he did not need to gamble, you play your players in their best positions.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

No he was not...when a cerebral person speaks they come across as arrogant. Of what use is arguing and insisting you played better and ended up losing 4-2? It is an asinine arguement....winners dont waste a minute of their valuable time trying to convince people they played better and ended up losing...it is losers who argue along that line.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

[/video]
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:OH! I Forgot to even add that Eric Dier is an option for Man United in their search for Carrick's replacement.
i dont even know where that news came from. Dier is useful in a team that works well. On his own i see nothing special,but he is a decent player ,one of those which Poch and his system have made brought out the best of them. What i like about him is his versatility,sonething that also tend to work against players as they end up becoming jack of all master of none. Personally i like him, but he is bot a manU player.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

If the problem was poor defending by Davies, how does replacing him with Son help? Even if Davies was carrying a knock, the logical replacement should have been Trippier who later played that position relatively well. As you said, it was a gamble by Poch but quite a poor one which did not come off.
My argument is that he did not need to gamble, you play your players in their best positions.
Easy to say after the match. Poch now has more data on who is good cover for the left.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

No he was not...when a cerebral person speaks they come across as arrogant. Of what use is arguing and insisting you played better and ended up losing 4-2? It is an asinine arguement....winners dont waste a minute of their valuable time trying to convince people they played better and ended up losing...it is losers who argue along that line.
But it's not an argument, Jenas was just doing a post match analysis and saying that Spurs did play well even thought they lost, it's not an argument about who deserved to win, that's a different matter altogether.

That why i mention that let's say Spurs somehow wins the title, it would be honest to mention that Chelsea did play well for the majority of the season, to just dismiss that i would find it mischievous
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

But it's not an argument, Jenas was just doing a post match analysis and saying that Spurs did play well even thought they lost, it's not an argument about who deserved to win, that's a different matter altogether.

That why i mention that let's say Spurs somehow wins the title, it would be honest to mention that Chelsea did play well for the majority of the season, to just dismiss that i would find it mischievous
No the minute he kept insisting they played better it became an arguement. He started it with Shearer, and they asked Lampard and he shut the silly arguement down!

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

Easy to say after the match. Poch now has more data on who is good cover for the left.
Which part is easy to say after the match? That Davies is a better defender than Son or Trippier should have deputised if Davies was carrying a knock?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nonsense. Whilst in the ascendency, with Chelsea leaning heavily on the ropes, Tottenham needed to press home the advantage, far too many punches thrown at the gloves. Chelsea were far from their devastating best and for good stretches of both halves, looked getatable. Spurs didn't score the points that mattered during their promising rounds. Long road to walk.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pajimoh and all the spurs fans..una be small fry
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

No the minute he kept insisting they played better it became an arguement. He started it with Shearer, and they asked Lampard and he shut the silly arguement down!

Here is the clip.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

We lost. Disappointing but life goes on. Kudos to Chelsea. We fought hard and that was encouraging. Regardless of who wins haters will laugh at the vanquished but you're looking at two very good teams. The difference in the end might be money and experience but not heart. Another day it could have been different.

We've always wanted to be fighting for something at the tail end of the season and we are involved. Next stage- trophies
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Here is the clip.

But in honesty, majority of the time when the score was 2-2, i did think Spurs was the team most likely to win, they had Chelsea on the backfoot, thats not under dispute.

Of course Chelsea, ended up winning but i think that's the point Jenas was trying to put across but didn't do it well due to hiw loyalty to Spurs.
Lampard also spotted an opportunity to whack him, fair play :laugh:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

benteke wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
oloye wrote:
benteke wrote:
balo wrote:

Here is the clip.

But in honesty, majority of the time when the score was 2-2, i did think Spurs was the team most likely to win, they had Chelsea on the backfoot, thats not under dispute.

Of course Chelsea, ended up winning but i think that's the point Jenas was trying to put across but didn't do it well due to hiw loyalty to Spurs.
Lampard also spotted an opportunity to whack him, fair play :laugh:
While spurs was the dominant team for stretches of the game, they hardly created quality chances. Had 4 Shots on target for all their dominance.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:We lost. Disappointing but life goes on. Kudos to Chelsea. We fought hard and that was encouraging. Regardless of who wins haters will laugh at the vanquished but you're looking at two very good teams. The difference in the end might be money and experience but not heart. Another day it could have been different.

We've always wanted to be fighting for something at the tail end of the season and we are involved. Next stage- trophies
All tgis wan nah feelings yall are a poor team..zero heart, lack ambition and choke when it matters. .levels
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Passing your ball in defense and keeping possession or passing backwards, gives you a spud it
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:We lost. Disappointing but life goes on. Kudos to Chelsea. We fought hard and that was encouraging. Regardless of who wins haters will laugh at the vanquished but you're looking at two very good teams. The difference in the end might be money and experience but not heart. Another day it could have been different.

All tgis wan nah feelings yall are a poor team..zero heart, lack ambition and choke when it matters. .levels
Belly buttons
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:OH! I Forgot to even add that Eric Dier is an option for Man United in their search for Carrick's replacement.
i dont even know where that news came from. Dier is useful in a team that works well. On his own i see nothing special,but he is a decent player ,one of those which Poch and his system have made brought out the best of them. What i like about him is his versatility,sonething that also tend to work against players as they end up becoming jack of all master of none. Personally i like him, but he is bot a manU player.

I do not think he is first choice. He is not even a "homegrown player", so doesnt meet that requirement. I think he is on the list behind the likes of Fabinho.

But I like Eric Dier very much. As a CB, he is average, and that has been visible this year. However, as a DM, he is fantastic. he tackles well, he reads the game well, his passing ability is up there and he is very aggressive.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nope! Not for una! Life doesnt go on! Again and again, you club has inflicted pain and suffering on its supporters. what is it???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And that your "life goes on" is a petpeeve of mine. Just as bad as "lets agree to disagree!" No i will not! and who are you to tell me when to agree to disagree. Life is not going any on here, my friend.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?