FA CUP: CHE 4 Vs 2 SPURS[Willx2, Haz, Matic ; Kane, Alli]FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FA CUP: CHE 4 Vs 2 SPURS[Willx2, Haz, Matic ; Kane, Alli

Post by danfo driver »

analyzer wrote:
While spurs was the dominant team for stretches of the game, they hardly created quality chances. Had 4 Shots on target for all their dominance.
How can they create chances when Chelsea was packing the bus from the first minute. When you play against a defensive team, its important to take you chances when they come, but also as important to close the spaces behind you, tactically. If you want to learn how to do that, go and watch how Atleti played Leicester.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

:taunt: :taunt:
The zouma reaction to Matic goal :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:We lost. Disappointing but life goes on. Kudos to Chelsea. We fought hard and that was encouraging. Regardless of who wins haters will laugh at the vanquished but you're looking at two very good teams. The difference in the end might be money and experience but not heart. Another day it could have been different.

We've always wanted to be fighting for something at the tail end of the season and we are involved. Next stage- trophies
Even though you have been known to be one of the haters that laughed at the vanquished, I still applaud your sentiments.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Hope Poch learns from this loss. He conceded the initiative by changing his team to combat Chelsea and it just didn't work. He should have gone with the team he played against Bournemouth/Watford.
Cant blame him for this. Davies wouldnt have been able to hang with Moses. Trippier actually played better in the RWB role than Walker. It is a sad loss but the team will have to pick themselves up for the remaining EPL matches. This is his second semi-final in 3 years with Spurs. The team will get stronger.
Where did you get this fallacy that Davies wouldn't have been able to hang with Moses? Did you think Son was able to hang with Moses?
Poch got it wrong, every manager fucks up occassionally. The important thing is that he learns to leave a team that is playing well alone
Poch got that impression from the Liverpool game. Recall Davies' performance in that match. He made a gamble.

PS are we sure that Davies wasnt carrying a knock for this game.
If the problem was poor defending by Davies, how does replacing him with Son help? Even if Davies was carrying a knock, the logical replacement should have been Trippier who later played that position relatively well. As you said, it was a gamble by Poch but quite a poor one which did not come off.
My argument is that he did not need to gamble, you play your players in their best positions.
Easy to say after the match. Poch now has more data on who is good cover for the left.
Which part is easy to say after the match? That Davies is a better defender than Son or Trippier should have deputised if Davies was carrying a knock?
I agree with Toyin. If we played 4-2-3-1 with Davies as LB against Moses (Davies is better as a defending LB than a attacking LB) then that could leave space for Son to exploit the Chelsea defence. Its a real shame Son Goku had a poor game yesterday as he become a underrated player for Spurs. I hope he will turn Super Saiyan against Palace on Wednesday. Also, I think Wanyama should have started on the bench and left Dier in DM. Wanyama should have been plan B to protect the defence in the last 20-25 mins hence he was not match fit.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

pajimoh wrote:We lost. Disappointing but life goes on. Kudos to Chelsea. We fought hard and that was encouraging. Regardless of who wins haters will laugh at the vanquished but you're looking at two very good teams. The difference in the end might be money and experience but not heart. Another day it could have been different.

We've always wanted to be fighting for something at the tail end of the season and we are involved. Next stage- trophies
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Spoken like a true Spurs fan. We move on and fight again. THFC 4 LIFE
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:

And lose again, and fight again and lose again. True Spurs! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

mentality of a LOSER. Always fighting for something...and always losing out

Trophies? For wha? Abeg collect the L and move on

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:

And lose again, and fight again and lose again. True Spurs! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah, and yesterday supporters who have seen their teams relegated and fight again and relegated and fight again. :roll:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:

Yeah, and yesterday supporters who have seen their teams relegated and fight again and relegated and fight again. :roll:
But once in a while, those supporters taste trophies and victories. But tottenham supporters NEVER taste any success. Its always pain and anguish.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kenmega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:

There are some people you shouldn't respond to. He's the kind that thinks coming second or giving it your best is a curse. I pray he doesn't take the same attitude with loved ones in exam results :tic:
I don't bother reply his rantings. There are clubs decades old and have never won anything. Do the best you can. Rich clubs are expected to clean up this days. The rest wil be looking for opportunities to nick one when they falter. That's the game. The effort wasn't enough this time. We go again.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:

The fact that you're attacking us confirms we are in the big league and expectation from Spurs has risen greatly. The fact that you were not in the semi final and you spent hundreds of millions and still out of the coveted top 4 is making you bitter, I understand. Your winning mentality make you develop a player, give him away for nothing, then buy him back for a world record fee of £100m including his wages - only to occupy 5th place, a few places below a cheap, young team with loser mentality.
I completely understand where you're coming from.
Too close to the dust due to height deficiency does have it's mental drawbacks :tic:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
kenmega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kenmega wrote:

There are some people you shouldn't respond to. He's the kind that thinks coming second or giving it your best is a curse.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, I am sure you know that is NOT why spurs is cursed. But you are hurt, so you want to twist things about. Your club is cursed BECAUSE FOR DECADES, YOUR CLUB FINDS WAYS TO SNATCH DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY! NOT ONCE, TWICE, OR EVEN THRE TIMES. YEARLY!!!! Last year, you could have won the league, but collapsed spectacularly This year, you went to the FA semis and dominated Chelsea, but kept on dashing Chelsea easy setpieces. Then you have lasagna-gate. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I know you are hurting and you want to twist things, but dont be silly. You know deep down inside that something is deathly wrong with your club.
I pray he doesn't take the same attitude with loved ones in exam results :tic:
You are getting quite emotional. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't bother reply his rantings.
Aww .. how cute! I just lost my entire savings because a faceless imp on a website does not reply to me. awww . :sad: :sad: :sad: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
There are clubs decades old and have never won anything. Do the best you can. Rich clubs are expected to clean up this days. The rest wil be looking for opportunities to nick one when they falter. That's the game. The effort wasn't enough this time. We go again.
Leicester won the league. :roll:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:

The fact that you're attacking us confirms we are in the big league and expectation from Spurs has risen greatly. The fact that you were not in the semi final and you spent hundreds of millions and still out of the coveted top 4 is making you bitter, I understand. Your winning mentality make you develop a player, give him away for nothing, then buy him back for a world record fee of £100m including his wages - only to occupy 5th place, a few places below a cheap, young team with loser mentality.
Too close to the dust due to height deficiency does have it's mental drawbacks :tic:
They have 2 trophies this season, already and are looking for a third. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

There are some games your team lose and you will be crushed badly because you know they could have done better, and there are others like yesterday's where you can see they gave their all but the other team had that bit of X factor and there's nothing they could do about it. Just have to take your lumps and move on. This team continues to learn and grow and I am confident come next season they will move one step closer to been the formidable team they are capable of becoming.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:There are some games your team lose and you will be crushed badly because you know they could have done better, and there are others like yesterday's where you can see they gave their all but the other team had that bit of X factor and there's nothing they could do about it. Just have to take your lumps and move on. This team continues to learn and grow and I am confident come next season they will move one step closer to been the formidable team they are capable of becoming.

First of, dont give away stupid freekicks, corner kicks and penalty. Lets start from them. :roll:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:There are some games your team lose and you will be crushed badly because you know they could have done better, and there are others like yesterday's where you can see they gave their all but the other team had that bit of X factor and there's nothing they could do about it. Just have to take your lumps and move on. This team continues to learn and grow and I am confident come next season they will move one step closer to been the formidable team they are capable of becoming.

First of, dont give away stupid freekicks, corner kicks and penalty. Lets start from them. :roll:
who gave away the freekick..Delaney?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

which big league please

crashing out of CL after 5 games?
crashing out of Europa to Belgian farmers?

what.has.Spurs.won?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: FA CUP SEMIS: CHE 1 Vs 1 SPURS[Willian; Kane]

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:clear dive
:clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

COYS - An article suggesting Spurs should ask for Kelechi ad part of a deal should City come after Walker. Do you agree? I think it's a brilliant idea.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/man-cit ... ge-walker/