[FA Cup] Arsenal 2-1 Man City (Monreal, Alexis; Kun) AET FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FA Cup] Arsenal 2-1 Man City (Monreal, Alexis; Kun) AET

Post by Coach »

@Yuj, did Peperempe do any work, work, work, work, work...during the summer when making it rain like cumilonimbus above Chime Avenue, New Haven, Enugu last week? As far as game management be concerned, that was one of the worst displays from a top pedigree coach for a long time. How many dead legs were left on the field? Navas at fullback, Sane the full 120, Aguero off, KdB false nine, whilst losing the ascendancy, they'll slaughter him and rightly so. As far as the season be concerned, its hovering far too close to absolute failure.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Full props to the lads today. I honestly didn't hold out much hope and expected them to capitulate after City went ahead. Somehow they managed to find some steel and stand up to City in the second half and keep their belief that City is a flawed side and boy, did they exploit it to great advantage.
City though did miss great chances to level the scores but Welbeck also missed a hattrick of goals.

On to the finals. Will take a FA Cup win over nothing at this point!

And no this win did not save Wenger's job, The board were never going to fire him as much as most of us desired at the end of this season.
Last edited by Mister Dolly on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mister Dolly wrote:Full props to the lads today. I honestly didn't hold out much hope and expected them to capitulate after City went ahead. Somehow they managed to find some steel and stand up to City in the second half and keep their belief that City is a flawed side and boy, did they exploit it to great advantage.
City though did miss great chances to level the scores but Welbeck also missed a hattrick of goals.

Any no this win did not save Wenger's job, The board were never going to fire him as much as most of us desired at the end of this season.

Agree :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [FA Cup] Arsenal 2-1 Man City (Monreal, Alexis; Kun) ET

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:REVOLUTION IS TROPHILESSSSSSS OOOOOO!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How many players did he buy this season? Let us see how many he is going to buy for next season. This must be his first trophyless season ever. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

He spent the most amount of money of any team in the League! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
I am only concerned about the number of players. So that there will be no excuse that it is not his team next season!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

20 pages and still no Sisi Yemisi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ,"..: cheiii na so this win take pain this woman :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

[quote="anikulapo"]20 pages and still no Sisi Yemisi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ,"..: cheiii na so this win take pain this woman :lol: :lol:[/quote
Yemisi and gooner are not in tandem with victory or success
They will show when Arsenal loses to ask for AW head on a plate

For me, I will enjoy this victory
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:20 pages and still no Sisi Yemisi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ,"..: cheiii na so this win take pain this woman :lol: :lol:

Did Arsenal win the EPL? Did they win the UCL? Excuse me while I check.

Not sure why I need to hide. I've said many times before the FA cup is not relevant to me. Arsenal beat the first EPL level opposition after playing a bunch of non league and championship teams like "mighty" Sutton United and Preston, and you're both popping off despite being a million points adrift of the league leaders. Shows just how low Wenger had set your collective expectations. You poor dears.

Pfft!!!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:REVOLUTION IS TROPHILESSSSSSS OOOOOO!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

How many players did he buy this season? Let us see how many he is going to buy for next season. This must be his first trophyless season ever. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

He spent the most amount of money of any team in the League! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
I am only concerned about the number of players. So that there will be no excuse that it is not his team next season!
I thought he won the tea cup aka league cup. Cup na cup you know... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Mister Dolly wrote:Full props to the lads today. I honestly didn't hold out much hope and expected them to capitulate after City went ahead. Somehow they managed to find some steel and stand up to City in the second half and keep their belief that City is a flawed side and boy, did they exploit it to great advantage.

And no this win did not save Wenger's job, The board were never going to fire him as much as most of us desired at the end of this season.
KPOM KWEM!

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
bouncino wrote:
anikulapo wrote:20 pages and still no Sisi Yemisi :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ,"..: cheiii na so this win take pain this woman :lol: :lol:

Not sure why I need to hide. I've said many times before the FA cup is not relevant to me. Arsenal beat the first EPL level opposition after playing a bunch of non league and championship teams like "mighty" Sutton United and Preston, and you're both popping off despite being a million points adrift of the league leaders. Shows just how low Wenger had set your collective expectations. You poor dears.

Pfft!!!
Haba bro, fear God now. If we win the FA cup we would have earned it bro...

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:
theYemster wrote:
bouncino wrote:

Pfft!!!
Haba bro, fear God now. If we win the FA cup we would have earned it bro...
Dude what I wrote has nothing to do with whether or not Arsenal would've earned the FA cup if they win it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Ok, full props to Wenger and his boys! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Did not expect this at all and it reads like Wenger actually came correct with his tactics today, na so?

To concede only one goal given all that was happened this year is quite an achievement in my opinion (lame I know, but with this team, small steps).

I hope this is a sign of things to come defensively, and if it is, maybe just maybe, Wenger can get another chance with me.

We shall see what he offers in the final! Congrats to all Gunners!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

I thought he won the tea cup aka league cup. Cup na cup you know... :D
Na Man United win tea cup + charity sheet. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Welbeck needs to improve his finishing. This thing pass film trick. To make matters worse in ALL his missed chances, there was always someone in a good position next to him.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Nkume wrote:Welbeck needs to improve his finishing. This thing pass film trick. To make matters worse in ALL his missed chances, there was always someone in a good position next to him.
Dude has been out for a long time and isn't likely to hit form until next season..
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Mr Shows wrote:
Nkume wrote:Welbeck needs to improve his finishing. This thing pass film trick. To make matters worse in ALL his missed chances, there was always someone in a good position next to him.
Dude has been out for a long time and isn't likely to hit form until next season..
Anyway, wayward finishing knocked us out last year against Watford.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Samora Machel wrote:Guardiola might have just saved wengers job. I am raging :boo:

His first season he fails to win a single trophy. City have went backwards under him :curse:
Make tfco no catch you o.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

chendosplastic wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Guardiola might have just saved wengers job. I am raging :boo:

His first season he fails to win a single trophy. City have went backwards under him :curse:
Make tfco no catch you o.
He's Naija abi.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Drogba doesn't know Rob Holding yet ...
Didier Drogba tells new club he's leaving to go back to Chelsea - just to play against Arsenal
The Blues legend was quick to take to Twitter after Arsenal beat Manchester City to reach the FA Cup final, and he's got the Gunners in his sights
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

an improved performance. Kudos to the team. However, I remain skeptical... Arsenal has been "one step forward, 3 steps back" in recent times. Plus the team has a bunch of players who are barely functioning (intellectually or physically)...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:

KPOM KWEM!

Wonderful. Even Robby don show face...now awaiting PapaK and Globero.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

KPOM KWEM!

Wonderful. Even Robby don show face...now awaiting PapaK and Globero.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:an improved performance. Kudos to the team. However, I remain skeptical... Arsenal has been "one step forward, 3 steps back" in recent times. Plus the team has a bunch of players who are barely functioning (intellectually or physically)...

You are a smart man. I am just chilling laughing here. People who watch football well will tell you that teams that play football the way Arsenal play are kryptonite to Pep. Pep does not know how to play against team that are good in possession, and the fact Arsenal defeated City should not be a surprise.