Kevin Akpoguma is seriously injured

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yiba
Egg
Egg
Kevin Akpoguma is seriously injured

Post by Yiba »

Kevin Akpoguma collided with Bernd Nehrig of St.Pauli in the 6th minute on Friday and suffered a serious injury. His first cervical vertebra is broken. The doctors are trying to restore his vertebra without an operation.Due to the injury, he will not be able to play for Dusseldorf till the end of the season. He will return to his contracted club, Hoffenheim.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kevin Akpoguma is seriously injured

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Get well soon. Good player and good kid.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Dang that sounds serious. I wish him a full recovery
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Yiba wrote:Kevin Akpoguma collided with Bernd Nehrig of St.Pauli in the 6th minute on Friday and suffered a serious injury. His first cervical vertebra is broken. The doctors are trying to restore his vertebra without an operation.Due to the injury, he will not be able to play for Dusseldorf till the end of the season. He will return to his contracted club, Hoffenheim.
Wishing him full recovery
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
hangingfire
Egg
Egg

Post by hangingfire »

I don't want to be sorry for somebody who does not value my green, white and green. Like Akpo who has the undeniable right to choose whom to play for, I want to also exercise my own given right-the right to feel for whom I want to feel for. Akpo should feel free to nurse his vertebrae injury for as long as it last. All I know is that Super Eagles will play again next month and I am looking forward to the game. Sarenren Bazee, my true compatriot, please get well soon. I don't have love to waste on anybody, especially those who fail to show my country love simply because a butterfly thinks he is bird. Shikena.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

hangingfire wrote:I don't want to be sorry for somebody who does not value my green, white and green. Like Akpo who has the undeniable right to choose whom to play for, I want to also exercise my own given right-the right to feel for whom I want to feel for. Akpo should feel free to nurse his vertebrae injury for as long as it last. All I know is that Super Eagles will play again next month and I am looking forward to the game. Sarenren Bazee, my true compatriot, please get well soon. I don't have love to waste on anybody, especially those who fail to show my country love simply because a butterfly thinks he is bird. Shikena.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's cold, man.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

hangingfire wrote:I don't want to be sorry for somebody who does not value my green, white and green. Like Akpo who has the undeniable right to choose whom to play for, I want to also exercise my own given right-the right to feel for whom I want to feel for. Akpo should feel free to nurse his vertebrae injury for as long as it last. All I know is that Super Eagles will play again next month and I am looking forward to the game. Sarenren Bazee, my true compatriot, please get well soon. I don't have love to waste on anybody, especially those who fail to show my country love simply because a butterfly thinks he is bird. Shikena.
It is called being human! Try it sometimes, and you may be better off for it. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Yiba wrote:Kevin Akpoguma collided with Bernd Nehrig of St.Pauli in the 6th minute on Friday and suffered a serious injury. His first cervical vertebra is broken. The doctors are trying to restore his vertebra without an operation.Due to the injury, he will not be able to play for Dusseldorf till the end of the season. He will return to his contracted club, Hoffenheim.
That is serious.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Get well soon. It seem he will be down for not too long if this is correct.
However, the good news for Akpoguma is that he is recovering well in hospital.

The German star even took to Instagram to reassure fans, saying: “To all those who have written to me and who are thinking of me, I thank you with all my heart.

“I am well [given] the circumstances, I will come back, do not worry, your Akpou.”

Following the horrendous incident Fortuna coach Friedhelm Funkel said: “The diagnosis has shocked us all.”

The club then confirmed the German would miss the end of the season, saying: “Akpoguma will be down a month and the Fortuna will not be available this season.”

Akpoguma has been an integral figure this season as Fortuna Dusseldorf battle to avoid relegation, having played 30 games in all competitions this season.

The defender has also earned seven caps for Germany’s Under-21 team since his debut in 2015.
Though seem like a short time to recover from fractured vertebrae.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Cito wrote:
Get well soon. It seem he will be down for not too long if this is correct.
However, the good news for Akpoguma is that he is recovering well in hospital.

The German star even took to Instagram to reassure fans, saying: “To all those who have written to me and who are thinking of me, I thank you with all my heart.

“I am well [given] the circumstances, I will come back, do not worry, your Akpou.”

Following the horrendous incident Fortuna coach Friedhelm Funkel said: “The diagnosis has shocked us all.”

The club then confirmed the German would miss the end of the season, saying: “Akpoguma will be down a month and the Fortuna will not be available this season.”

Akpoguma has been an integral figure this season as Fortuna Dusseldorf battle to avoid relegation, having played 30 games in all competitions this season.

The defender has also earned seven caps for Germany’s Under-21 team since his debut in 2015.
Though seem like a short time to recover from fractured vertebrae.
The only good news today, is that he has been moved from the intensive ward to a normal ward!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

hangingfire wrote: I don't want to be sorry for somebody who does not value my green, white and green. Like Akpo who has the undeniable right to choose whom to play for, I want to also exercise my own given right-the right to feel for whom I want to feel for. Akpo should feel free to nurse his vertebrae injury for as long as it last. All I know is that Super Eagles will play again next month and I am looking forward to the game. Sarenren Bazee, my true compatriot, please get well soon. I don't have love to waste on anybody, especially those who fail to show my country love simply because a butterfly thinks he is bird. Shikena.
Chei, as mean and unfair as it sound or seem, I agree with you - bro! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ume-ugo
Egg
Egg

Post by ume-ugo »

I want to calmly exercise my own given right as well - to call out ignorance when I see it. High cervical vertebral injuries are extremely serious as they could easily affect the cervical cord... If not handled properly and immediately, could render any individual quadriplegic, unable to swallow, urinate, defekate; or breath due to paralysis of diaphragm. Hence accident victims are frequently outfitted with a neck collar/brace before transport if ANY neck injury is suspected.

Even if Kevin chose to play for a national team from Mars, instead of SE, he deserves our sympathy and well wishes. Hope he recovers well and gets back to playing soon.
Iron mustu obey!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kai this is cold.. :lol: I saw this thread, wanted to write get well soon, then checked who bobo represents, and i decided not to comment... however i came back to this thread and behold i read this ..kai ..naija no dey carry last

well hopefully bobo gets better, :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

This is so sad.................Perfect replacement for outgoing Sule.

Wish him speedy recovery.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kai this is cold.. :lol: I saw this thread, wanted to write get well soon, then checked who bobo represents, and i decided not to comment... however i came back to this thread and behold i read this ..kai ..naija no dey carry last

What is so funny about that garbage? Honestly some people on here are just sick :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

Last time I checked Kevin's father is a Nigerian and some of you people are parents too :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

I decry the hate, bitterness and anger against Kevin that is pervasive on this thread. Kevin represents Germany , but he is a true Nigerian. Many of our kids represent other countries, that does not stop us from wishing them well in their endeavor, especially in a time like this, that he is on the verge of making the Hoffenheim team. The least you can do, is to wish him a speedy recovery, instead of exposing your uncalled for bias and pseudo nationalistic thinking!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The problem I see with some comments here is that some guys think that football is everything. The fact is that football is certainly not everything and certainly pales in comparison to health and life. That is a fact. The concern here should be about the health of a young man and not the ridiculous idea of whether or not he plays for Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:The problem I see with some comments here is that some guys think that football is everything. The fact is that football is certainly not everything and certainly pales in comparison to health and life. That is a fact. The concern here should be about the health of a young man and not the ridiculous idea of whether or not he plays for Nigeria.
Happens too often here. People like vancity happy when players they don't like get injured. A great shame.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Speedy recovery to a fellow human being and a compatriot.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

I pray he gets well soon and back to playing the beautiful game.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

wale1974 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

What is so funny about that garbage? Honestly some people on here are just sick :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

Last time I checked Kevin's father is a Nigerian and some of you people are parents too :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
There are some sadistic people in Nigeria.

<
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Definitely wish him a very quick recovery. Hangfire's thread was absolutely childish and inane . Hopefully he does not really meant what he scripted.