TBL: Man City v Man Utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TBL: Man City v Man Utd

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:AND frankly, although I am not taking TFCO's side here, I think you are a coward. You and the likes of CiChiken george and i cant respect cowards. I attacked benitez and said he will not promote Newcastle. he promoted Newcastle and I showed my face on the thread. But people like you and CiChicken George and disappointing. You only show up when the times favor you. And that is cowardice. Anyway, good luck.
Yes i agree, i am a coward. Now that you have gotten that out of your system, feel free to educate us how a random draw between Manchester United and Manchester City "favors me" :D What exactly is my "side" here? WHich team am i supporting?

I get time for you today. Feel free to enlighten us.
Coward! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I agreed I am a coward now.. What is it that i was hiding from on Saturday, and what position am i advocating along with " CiChicken George" ? Did thiefco not brief you in on what positions I am advocating on CE? Are you waiting for theifco to come and fill you in? Abi i am a coward who has been hiding until things favor me, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR? :D
Coward! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coward! I thought you said you have time today? Where are you? You think sey na only you dey collect unemployment benefit? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:Coward! I thought you said you have time today? Where are you? You think sey na only you dey collect unemployment benefit? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I agreed I am a coward now.. What is it that i was hiding from on Saturday, and what position am i advocating along with " CiChicken George" ? Did thiefco not brief you in on what positions I am advocating on CE? Are you waiting for theifco to come and fill you in? Abi i am a coward who has been hiding until things favor me, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR? :D
The coward is waiting for you to respond to the earlier questions which you are clearly incapable of answering.

Till then, I will keep talking to the wall in my office because I am getting better answers from it than you can ever provide. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Coward! I thought you said you have time today? Where are you? You think sey na only you dey collect unemployment benefit? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The coward is waiting for you to respond to the earlier questions which you are clearly incapable of answering.

Till then, I will keep talking to the wall in my office because I am getting better answers from it than you can ever provide. :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Which office! Liar! You think I didnt see your name on the form when I went to collect my own unemployment benefit? Liar liar! Cowardly liar! Office ko, Ofusilly ni! :rotf: :rotf:

shey you have time? me too, I have time! :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coward! You don tire??? I thought you had time for me today? na to run your smellly mouth you sabi! come out here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

True to form, as a true coward, I see you have tucked your tail between your legs and ran into your hole. loud mouthed coward. :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Which office! Liar! You think I didnt see your name on the form when I went to collect my own unemployment benefit? Liar liar! Cowardly liar! Office ko, Ofusilly ni! :rotf: :rotf:

:D you dey find company?
You def missed your meds today. We can keep going until thiefco bails you out.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:If any of you were Mourinho, what would you have done different today with the available players? Considering we have Europa league coming up pretty soon, Our players are just dropping like leaves , for me the most important player for united is Bailly, nothing ever goes past him, that was the reason we did not lose, let's talk about our defence as well, they were brilliant and did not give them clear cut chances, at least I can take some positives from this season that we are becoming hard to beat, that is an improvement
Don't worry about all the criticism, the team keeps looking more and more solid in defence and looking more and more like a Mourinho team, hard to beat and can be scary when he gets the attacking players clicking.
Defend first and the goals will come, is how i am seeing things, as time goes on we will see a team that will be built in such a way that another good manager can come in and win things with it, like the teams Mourinho left at Chelsea.

I am content with the result at Etihad and especially the performance
:clap: :clap:

we have rotated quite a bit at the back and yet we have the 2nd best defensive record, behind the Lily Livered

Let's get our attack flowing and Pogba will lead the league in assists
how art the mighty fallen. See wetin WE dey celerbate these days :rotf: A whole Manchester United fan!! kai aru e meh!!!!!! oh to be fly on the wall in Sir Alex's home when he is watching a manure game.

PS. have you ever supported ANY team that has set out a Team A? :rotf: :rotf:
the mighty has fallen before, 2003-2005 was not an easy time for a United fan accustomed to success like the treble, but Fergie was busy building another good team that would win the 2008 CL.
At that time some thought Chelsea was going to win the next ten titles.
United is on it's way back, and we know it won't be easy.

At no point in Fergies "rebuilding" days did he ever resort to negative tactics bordering on cowardice.
I can assure you it wasn't very much different at times, just that media used to write it up as a "pragmatic approach or grinding out a point.
Luckily there was no social media those days :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:There will be some changes at the end of the season, look at our injury list, Zlatan, mata, smalling, jones, pogba, rojo, 6 good players, how many teams can survive with the injury list? Say what you want about Mourinho, he is indeed managing our team considering what we have at our disposal
Please Fergie managed a worse injury plagued season and Manu still played football. How can you at this level and a club of ManU stature and playing in derby, City keepwr only touched the ball once in the second half. Caballero did not even touch the ball,not even a backpass!
Utterly daft to criticise Mourinho over last night when Ferguson sent out one of the most negative United sides in a derby five years ago

One of you has to be lying. You or Luckhurst. :D
If that's the derby at Etihad where City won 1-0 and thereby overhauled that 8 point gap, to eventually win the title on goal difference, then i remember it very well, many fans complained about the very defensive starting line up, and indeed Man U paid for it dearly.

Let's not forget how people used to accuse Man United of playing dire football during Fergie's last year's in charge and even called his squad one of the worst to win the title.

Most of this criticism is just noise
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:There will be some changes at the end of the season, look at our injury list, Zlatan, mata, smalling, jones, pogba, rojo, 6 good players, how many teams can survive with the injury list? Say what you want about Mourinho, he is indeed managing our team considering what we have at our disposal
Please Fergie managed a worse injury plagued season and Manu still played football. How can you at this level and a club of ManU stature and playing in derby, City keepwr only touched the ball once in the second half. Caballero did not even touch the ball,not even a backpass!
Utterly daft to criticise Mourinho over last night when Ferguson sent out one of the most negative United sides in a derby five years ago

If that's the derby at Etihad where City won 1-0 and thereby overhauled that 8 point gap, to eventually win the title on goal difference, then i remember it very well, many fans complained about the very defensive starting line up, and indeed Man U paid for it dearly.

Let's not forget how people used to accuse Man United of playing dire football during Fergie's last year's in charge and even called his squad one of the worst to win the title.

Yup! But dont worry, the cowards want to rewrite history right before our very eyes. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:D you dey find company?
You def missed your meds today. We can keep going until thiefco bails you out.

Coward, you are the one who said you have time today. So i gave you attention na. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Jose is best in these types of matches where he can lay "booby traps" for attacking teams away from home (he tried similar tactics at Liverpool and Chelsea away). He just shuts the game down and tries to bore and frustrate the opposition into submission by stifling them.

What on earth was Fellaini thinking? That was the most bizarre EPL red card since Steve G got sent off 45 seconds after coming on as a sub against Man Utd 2 seasons ago.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

wiseone wrote:Jose is best in these types of matches where he can lay "booby traps" for attacking teams away from home (he tried similar tactics at Liverpool and Chelsea away). He just shuts the game down and tries to bore and frustrate the opposition into submission by stifling them.

What on earth was Fellaini thinking? That was the most bizarre EPL red card since Steve G got sent off 45 seconds after coming on as a sub against Man Utd 2 seasons ago.
Hopefully you guys take it easy on us when Jose bring the boys to emirate
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well we have nearly an entire team out injured (including 75% of the defence). You are likely to be facing a defence manned by a LB playing at CD, a winger playing RB, a RB playing LB, a 35yo in midfield, and a teenager up front.
kajifu wrote:[
Hopefully you guys take it easy on us when Jose bring the boys to emirate
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MUGABE VOTES FELLAINI MAN OF THE MATCH AS HE REACTS TO CITY VS UNITED DRAW!
I have lived close to 100 and I am yet to see a worse derby than what Manchester City vs Manchester United did yesterday.
This match is a game between the most expensive clubs in the EPL who were bent on playing like Stoke City vs Sunderland
Don't give your kids sleeping tablets if you want them to sleep. Get them to watch Manchester City vs Manchester United game. You can thank me later.
There was only 19 seconds between Fellaini's yellow and his redcard. Those 19 seconds were the best and most entertaining seconds of the game.
Fellaini did not headbutt Aguero. He only hair-butted him and Aguero started acting like Mr Ibu
Fellaini misunderstood the instruction when Mourinho told him to 'Use his head' He probably thought it means 'use your head on Aguero'
Fellaini is my man of the match. At least he gave us something to talk about after this boring game
Fellaini shows United fans were right when they called him the next Zidane. The way he Head butted Aguero reminds everyone of the way Zidane headbutted Matarazzi
If I was Manchester United, I will not only appeal for the Fellaini's red card. I will ask for 18 match ban instead.
Fellaini will miss 3 out of 5 remaining matches for Manchester United. United have a better chance of winning those 3 than the remaining 2 he will feature in.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: Again some of us have better things to do during the work week, AND ON EASTER SUNDAY! than trolling Cybereagles. Yes i ran away away from the entire game thread because i knew Man U would beat league leading Chelsea. That's the reason i stayed away yesterday too. :lol:

There is something called "having a life", you should try and experience it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
interesting how you always find 'better things to do' when United win

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: oh lord, So you were running your mouth on a game you hadn't even watched. what a clown. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
remind me of any specifics I spoke off regarding the match

rather than you, bitter ABU, who did not watch the match....yet you are still in a United thread

whining
whining
whining

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: Yes i agree, i am a coward.
I get time for you today. Feel free to enlighten us.
thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

i remember that game very well
Kompany scored 1-0, effectively putting Citeh in the driver's seat

gosh that lineup was terrible

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
At no point in Fergies "rebuilding" days did he ever resort to negative tactics bordering on cowardice.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Sorry nobody has answered my question yet, what would you have done differently considering the injuries we have, it was not just the odd 1 or 2, 6 players!!! If you add Rooney, that is 7 because he is completely finished as a player, so you see what we have at our disposal, I don't look for excuses but this was bare reality staring in our faces, I don't care whether you are Barcelona, Real Madrid or whatever, if you have 6 first teamers out, you will struggle, I did not enjoy the game yesterday but we played with what we had at our disposal, Darmian is not a left back, Herrera played out of position, yesterday was a make shift team to ensure we did not lose, we got a point which means we are still in contention for 4th place and we have a game in hand as well, we have Europa matches coming up soon, we have to manage our players unless more will continue to drop, Rashford is one kick away from an injury, it's so glaring, we will make changes at the end of the season, I have not doubt about that, last few season, our defense was an issue, we could not stop leaking goals, now this seems to have been fixed, I just hope we qualify for champions league by hook or crook, if that means we play anti-football, so be it

Ferguson could not have done any better, those years are long gone, we have 6 potential premiership winners, back in the day, who was our rival? We were winning leagues by April with games to spare, we had no credible competitors, Mourinho came and changed all of this, City as well, no team will ever dominate the premiership again, if the likes of Leicester can win a league, there you go, it is good for the league, we will get better

Those days are certainly long gone by, even LVG mentioned this and Man U fans went ballistic :biggrin:
It's clear we are no longer in 2004 when we only had to worry about Chelsea or Arsenal.

One other thing i have noticed these days, loads of times i see rival fans mocking how United plays by constantly referring to how wonderful Fergie's teams always played, now that he is retired, i am actually shocked because when the man was coaching all people used to talk about was lucky penalties, Howard Webb, long ball etc.

Now I can foresee the day when Wenger is retired and people start acting like Arsenal was playing a Barcelona style of football every weekend.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The days of a dominant Liverpool or Man Utd dynasty are gone. Too many rich teams and too many quality players in the EPL for that to happen for a while. Even teams in the relegation zone can afford to buy 30 million strikers! For example Crystal Palace (a team flirting with relegation) can field 8 full internationals in their starting 11, and has international players from the French, Belgian, English, Welsh, and Ivory Coast national teams.
benteke wrote: Those days are certainly long gone by, even LVG mentioned this and Man U fans went ballistic :biggrin:
It's clear we are no longer in 2004 when we only had to worry about Chelsea or Arsenal.

One other thing i have noticed these days, loads of times i see rival fans mocking how United plays by constantly referring to how wonderful Fergie's teams always played, now that he is retired, i am actually shocked because when the man was coaching all people used to talk about was lucky penalties, Howard Webb, long ball etc.

Now I can foresee the day when Wenger is retired and people start acting like Arsenal was playing a Barcelona style of football every weekend.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

finished the 2H

Same scenario as the first

City dominant with no breakthrough.

No wonder they had 90% possession. Pass pass and shoot from far, wonder how many birds de Bruyne and Aguero killed

BTW KDB has regressed seriously. This is a player who was being touted as POTY back in Sept

Ant and Darmian had a really poor game, they just kept hoofing the ball upfield.
Passing by both teams was atrocious.

Atkinson had a poor game, allowed City players to hack throughout, started showing cards late

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S