TBL: Man City v Man Utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TBL: Man City v Man Utd

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:If any of you were Mourinho, what would you have done different today with the available players? Considering we have Europa league coming up pretty soon, Our players are just dropping like leaves , for me the most important player for united is Bailly, nothing ever goes past him, that was the reason we did not lose, let's talk about our defence as well, they were brilliant and did not give them clear cut chances, at least I can take some positives from this season that we are becoming hard to beat, that is an improvement
Don't worry about all the criticism, the team keeps looking more and more solid in defence and looking more and more like a Mourinho team, hard to beat and can be scary when he gets the attacking players clicking.
Defend first and the goals will come, is how i am seeing things, as time goes on we will see a team that will be built in such a way that another good manager can come in and win things with it, like the teams Mourinho left at Chelsea.

I am content with the result at Etihad and especially the performance
:clap: :clap:

we have rotated quite a bit at the back and yet we have the 2nd best defensive record, behind the Lily Livered

Let's get our attack flowing and Pogba will lead the league in assists
how art the mighty fallen. See wetin WE dey celerbate these days :rotf: A whole Manchester United fan!! kai aru e meh!!!!!! oh to be fly on the wall in Sir Alex's home when he is watching a manure game.

PS. have you ever supported ANY team that has set out a Team A? :rotf: :rotf:
the mighty has fallen before, 2003-2005 was not an easy time for a United fan accustomed to success like the treble, but Fergie was busy building another good team that would win the 2008 CL.
At that time some thought Chelsea was going to win the next ten titles.
United is on it's way back, and we know it won't be easy.

At no point in Fergies "rebuilding" days did he ever resort to negative tactics bordering on cowardice.

It depends on who you ask. Samuel Luckurst thinks you are a liar. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:If any of you were Mourinho, what would you have done different today with the available players? Considering we have Europa league coming up pretty soon, Our players are just dropping like leaves , for me the most important player for united is Bailly, nothing ever goes past him, that was the reason we did not lose, let's talk about our defence as well, they were brilliant and did not give them clear cut chances, at least I can take some positives from this season that we are becoming hard to beat, that is an improvement
Don't worry about all the criticism, the team keeps looking more and more solid in defence and looking more and more like a Mourinho team, hard to beat and can be scary when he gets the attacking players clicking.
Defend first and the goals will come, is how i am seeing things, as time goes on we will see a team that will be built in such a way that another good manager can come in and win things with it, like the teams Mourinho left at Chelsea.

we have rotated quite a bit at the back and yet we have the 2nd best defensive record, behind the Lily Livered

how art the mighty fallen. See wetin WE dey celerbate these days :rotf: A whole Manchester United fan!! kai aru e meh!!!!!! oh to be fly on the wall in Sir Alex's home when he is watching a manure game.

celebrated the same last season - our defensive stability. A lot of teams would love to have solid defenders

Glad to see you back, missed you in the United v Chelsea game threa
d

Again some of us have better things to do during the work week, AND ON EASTER SUNDAY! than trolling Cybereagles. Yes i ran away away from the entire game thread because i knew Man U would beat league leading Chelsea. That's the reason i stayed away yesterday too. :lol:

There is something called "having a life", you should try and experience it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:There will be some changes at the end of the season, look at our injury list, Zlatan, mata, smalling, jones, pogba, rojo, 6 good players, how many teams can survive with the injury list? Say what you want about Mourinho, he is indeed managing our team considering what we have at our disposal
Please Fergie managed a worse injury plagued season and Manu still played football. How can you at this level and a club of ManU stature and playing in derby, City keepwr only touched the ball once in the second half. Caballero did not even touch the ball,not even a backpass!
Utterly daft to criticise Mourinho over last night when Ferguson sent out one of the most negative United sides in a derby five years ago

One of you has to be lying. You or Luckhurst. :D
It's real easy to throw out random stats. what game "five years ago" make we analyze am.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I didnt like the way United played yesterday. I would have approached the game differently. However, two things:

1. United would have beaten City with a 3-4-3, but they couldnt use that because their injuries have made Jones, Smalling and Rojo unavailable.

2. that game was not City v. United. That was City v United v Liverpool and Sunday will be United v. Swansea and Liverpool. :rotf: :rotf: Mourinho is a very experienced manager who has seen football for decades and has managed teams through situations. And while fans watch 90 minutes, mourinho has to manage multiple games at the same time. As soon as the game was 5 minutes old, I could tell he was only interested in being in the top 4. Not beating City, but having top 4 in his own hand, considering the games they have to play. And then just no, I saw this quote from Carrick:
He added: "A lot of people made it out before the game it's about us and City but there is a bigger picture and Liverpool are in the mix at the moment. We are in a decent position but we have work to do.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... y-12956789

There is a reason he is paid millions to navigate a season.

As for the game itself, United has a big worry with idiocy. Fellaini's read was not a red because aguero leaned in and so did fellaini. But fellaini is a dumb player and a dunce as a human being, while Aguero is a cheat, but an intelligent man. And intelligence always defeats stupidity.

I have always said Mkhytaryan struggles when he is pressed. Its ironic because he is very good in tight spaces, but when you press him well, he loses the ball easily. He struggled yesterday. Martial tried to defend well, but he doesnt know how to defend. Just staying back or marking your opponent doesnt mean you are defending.

All in all, United got what they wanted -- having top 4 in their own hands - but not the approach I like or the approach I would have taken if I was a coach.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
marko wrote:There will be some changes at the end of the season, look at our injury list, Zlatan, mata, smalling, jones, pogba, rojo, 6 good players, how many teams can survive with the injury list? Say what you want about Mourinho, he is indeed managing our team considering what we have at our disposal
Please Fergie managed a worse injury plagued season and Manu still played football. How can you at this level and a club of ManU stature and playing in derby, City keepwr only touched the ball once in the second half. Caballero did not even touch the ball,not even a backpass!
Utterly daft to criticise Mourinho over last night when Ferguson sent out one of the most negative United sides in a derby five years ago

It's real easy to throw out random stats. what game "five years ago" make we analyze am.
Not me and you, I have better things to do. Samuel Lukhurst reports for MEN and has been following United all his life. He wactually watches EVERY SINGLE GAME LIVE. So, I am certain he knows about United much more than you will ever know. thats a fact.

He said you are a liar, and I am inclined to believe him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote: Just finished watching the 1H. Wow, you guys are so so biased.
So no one mentioned the cynical fouls that City players were getting away with? Ota on Rashford, Yaya + Fernadinho on Herrera. Both instances, no card

City's tactics in the first half
Pass pass pass pass then
a) lose the ball
b) pass to a United player
c) long shot over the bar

All the talk is about United but what exactly did City do in the 1H? Kompany was bossing their defence, otherwise Ota and Kolarov were just happy kicking United players. The Inheritance Merchant has no plan B

Herrera should have done better with that header
The Big Fella broke up a lot of City plays
Minister of Defence was his usual self - amazing
DDG was on holiday, except for that shot by Aguero
Martial and rashford did well

Anyway 2H dey start

[/color]
oh lord, So you were running your mouth on a game you hadn't even watched. what a clown. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

celebrated the same last season - our defensive stability. A lot of teams would love to have solid defenders

Glad to see you back, missed you in the United v Chelsea game threa
d

Again some of us have better things to do during the work week, AND ON EASTER SUNDAY! than trolling Cybereagles. Yes i ran away away from the entire game thread because i knew Man U would beat league leading Chelsea. That's the reason i stayed away yesterday too. :lol:

There is something called "having a life", you should try and experience it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a life, yet, you want to analyze a game from "five years ago?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

Not me and you, I have better things to do. Samuel Lukhurst reports for MEN and has been following United all his life. He wactually watches EVERY SINGLE GAME LIVE. So, I am certain he knows about United much more than you will ever know. thats a fact.

He said you are a liar, and I am inclined to believe him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Poor guy. I feel sorry he has to be subjected to such sheer torture since Fergie left then. :lol: :lol:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:

You have a life, yet, you want to analyze a game from "five years ago?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Most def. There is a time for everything in life. I have time today to look into a spurious claim you dug out from a random tweet. I had better things to do on Easter sunday than to look to troll fellow men on the internet. Perhaps when thiefco discovers a life, he could share it with you. Sounds like you need some assistance as well. :D
Last edited by metalalloy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

Poor guy. I feel sorry he has to be subjected to such sheer torture since Fergie left then. :lol: :lol:
I wouldnt suggest that, since he is paid significantly to watch those games. As opposed to posting for free on an internet forum. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Most def. There is a time for everything in life. I have time today to look into a spurious claim you dug out from a random tweet. I have better things to do on Easter sunday than look to troll fellow men on the internet. perhaps when thiefco discovers a life, he could share it with you. Sounds like you need some assistance as well. :D
Then go to Twitter and contest the spurio-rior-rior-rior of the tweet with Lukhurst. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You use the term troll, but interestingly, you are the one who is actually being a troll right now. You made a fallacious claim, which was proven false by an expert. If you are unsatisfied by the expert's testimony, go and watch the manchester derby from 5 years ago and come and prove him wrong.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

I wouldnt suggest that, since he is paid significantly to watch those games. As opposed to posting for free on an internet forum. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yea and a porta potty cleaner is paid a significant amount of money to do his job. Doesnt change the fact that he has to watch pure shyte on a daily basis. :lol:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

AND frankly, although I am not taking TFCO's side here, I think you are a coward. You and the likes of CiChiken george and i cant respect cowards. I attacked benitez and said he will not promote Newcastle. he promoted Newcastle and I showed my face on the thread. But people like you and CiChicken George and disappointing. You only show up when the times favor you. And that is cowardice. Anyway, good luck.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote: Yea and a porta potty cleaner is paid a significant amount of money to do his job. Doesnt change the fact that he has to watch pure shyte on a daily basis. :lol:

I just realized that you think this is supposed to pain me. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Most def. There is a time for everything in life. I have time today to look into a spurious claim you dug out from a random tweet. I have better things to do on Easter sunday than look to troll fellow men on the internet. perhaps when thiefco discovers a life, he could share it with you. Sounds like you need some assistance as well. :D
Then go to Twitter and contest the spurio-rior-rior-rior of the tweet with Lukhurst. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You use the term troll, but interestingly, you are the one who is actually being a troll right now. You made a fallacious claim, which was proven false by an expert. If you are unsatisfied by the expert's testimony, go and watch the manchester derby from 5 years ago and come and prove him wrong.
:rotf:

:rotf: YOU brought in Lukhurst. The onus is on YOU to back up "proof" that you claim contradicts the statements that i made. WHAT DERBY GAME 5 YEARS AGO contradicts what i said. Until YOU can back up the claims YOU make, feel free to keep your opinions to YOURSELF.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote: Yea and a porta potty cleaner is paid a significant amount of money to do his job. Doesnt change the fact that he has to watch pure shyte on a daily basis. :lol:

I just realized that you think this is supposed to pain me. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The funniest part is that you think i give a flying #$%$ about how you are supposed to feel or what is supposed to pain you. :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: YOU brought in Lukhurst. The onus is on YOU to back up "proof" that you claim contradicts the statements that i made. WHAT DERBY GAME 5 YEARS AGO contradicts what i said. Until YOU can back up the claims YOU make, feel free to keep your opinions to YOURSELF.
Absolutely false. And your use of bold doesnt change the falsity of your statement. Oloye said fergie never played sh1t football. Luckurst said he did 5 years ago. I do not have to prove what Lukhurst said, I only posted another person's contradictory position. One of them is lying. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The funniest part is that you think i give a flying #$%$ about how you are supposed to feel or what is supposed to pain you. :rotf:

what if the fooook does not fly? can it sitdown? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: or stand? or crawl into your anussss like you like it? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:AND frankly, although I am not taking TFCO's side here, I think you are a coward. You and the likes of CiChiken george and i cant respect cowards. I attacked benitez and said he will not promote Newcastle. he promoted Newcastle and I showed my face on the thread. But people like you and CiChicken George and disappointing. You only show up when the times favor you. And that is cowardice. Anyway, good luck.
Yes i agree, i am a coward. Now that you have gotten that out of your system, feel free to educate us how a random draw between Manchester United and Manchester City "favors me" :D What exactly is my "side" here? WHich team am i supporting?

I get time for you today. Feel free to enlighten us.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:AND frankly, although I am not taking TFCO's side here, I think you are a coward. You and the likes of CiChiken george and i cant respect cowards. I attacked benitez and said he will not promote Newcastle. he promoted Newcastle and I showed my face on the thread. But people like you and CiChicken George and disappointing. You only show up when the times favor you. And that is cowardice. Anyway, good luck.
Yes i agree, i am a coward. Now that you have gotten that out of your system, feel free to educate us how a random draw between Manchester United and Manchester City "favors me" :D What exactly is my "side" here? WHich team am i supporting?

Coward! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Absolutely false. And your use of bold doesnt change the falsity of your statement. Oloye said fergie never played sh1t football. Luckurst said he did 5 years ago. I do not have to prove what Lukhurst said, I only posted another person's contradictory position. One of them is lying. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And i can post statements form an "expert" on twitter that the world is flat. I suppose that makes it so. :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

And i can post statements form an "expert" on twitter that the world is flat. I suppose that makes it so. :rotf:
yes and no. I can either believe the statement, or go do my own research. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I know you are incapable of conducting your research considering all the metal you have in your brain. I am not doing it for you. Go and watch the manchester derby from 5 years ago. Coward. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Coward! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I agreed I am a coward now.. What is it that i was hiding from on Saturday, and what position am i advocating along with " CiChicken George" ? Did thiefco not brief you in on what positions I am advocating on CE? Are you waiting for theifco to come and fill you in? Abi i am a coward who has been hiding until things favor me, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR? :D