TBL: Man City v Man Utd

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TBL: Man City v Man Utd

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:If any of you were Mourinho, what would you have done different today with the available players? Considering we have Europa league coming up pretty soon, Our players are just dropping like leaves , for me the most important player for united is Bailly, nothing ever goes past him, that was the reason we did not lose, let's talk about our defence as well, they were brilliant and did not give them clear cut chances, at least I can take some positives from this season that we are becoming hard to beat, that is an improvement
Nothing, just play some football. I supported that rubbish football long before some of you started waxing vinyl about Jose just because he now coaches united. An Anderletch team of nobodies came to old trafford and gave ManU the run around..that is coaching.
If they had lost , you all wont be singing o come let us adore Jose
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:If any of you were Mourinho, what would you have done different today with the available players? Considering we have Europa league coming up pretty soon, Our players are just dropping like leaves , for me the most important player for united is Bailly, nothing ever goes past him, that was the reason we did not lose, let's talk about our defence as well, they were brilliant and did not give them clear cut chances, at least I can take some positives from this season that we are becoming hard to beat, that is an improvement
Nothing, just play some football. I supported that rubbish football long before some of you started waxing vinyl about Jose just because he now coaches united. An Anderletch team of nobodies came to old trafford and gave ManU the run around..that is coaching.
oloye you talk from both sides of your mouth

just last week you said all you care about is winning.

we have a laundry list of injuries against Man City that is missing only Silva, and you want to go toe-to-toe?

on any given day, we would win this match. Today, we fielded a Team B

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

we have a laundry list of injuries against Man City that is missing only Silva, and you want to go toe-to-toe?

All i care about is winning yes...but at least let there be some decency. I have watched Jose grab matches in ugly fashion, but today was just dross.... Go and watch the match and see how woeful all the players except one or two performed Miki served horror show, Fellaini was Fellaini, Martial the less said the better
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Don't worry about all the criticism, the team keeps looking more and more solid in defence and looking more and more like a Mourinho team, hard to beat and can be scary when he gets the attacking players clicking.
Defend first and the goals will come, is how i am seeing things, as time goes on we will see a team that will be built in such a way that another good manager can come in and win things with it, like the teams Mourinho left at Chelsea.

I am content with the result at Etihad and especially the performance
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
Don't worry about all the criticism, the team keeps looking more and more solid in defence and looking more and more like a Mourinho team, hard to beat and can be scary when he gets the attacking players clicking.
Defend first and the goals will come, is how i am seeing things, as time goes on we will see a team that will be built in such a way that another good manager can come in and win things with it, like the teams Mourinho left at Chelsea.

:clap: :clap:

we have rotated quite a bit at the back and yet we have the 2nd best defensive record, behind the Lily Livered

Let's get our attack flowing and Pogba will lead the league in assists

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

All i care about is winning yes...but at least let there be some decency. I have watched Jose grab matches in ugly fashion, but today was just dross.... Go and watch the match and see how woeful all the players except one or two performed Miki served horror show, Fellaini was Fellaini, Martial the less said the better

LMAO!! seemed like i missed yet another vintage offering from borinho. The only surprise is that you are surprised when he sets out his anti football.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

we have rotated quite a bit at the back and yet we have the 2nd best defensive record, behind the Lily Livered

how art the mighty fallen. See wetin WE dey celerbate these days :rotf: A whole Manchester United fan!! kai aru e meh!!!!!! oh to be fly on the wall in Sir Alex's home when he is watching a manure game.

PS. have you ever supported ANY team that has set out a Team A? :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

how art the mighty fallen. See wetin WE dey celerbate these days :rotf: A whole Manchester United fan!! kai aru e meh!!!!!! oh to be fly on the wall in Sir Alex's home when he is watching a manure game.

the mighty has fallen before, 2003-2005 was not an easy time for a United fan accustomed to success like the treble, but Fergie was busy building another good team that would win the 2008 CL.
At that time some thought Chelsea was going to win the next ten titles.
United is on it's way back, and we know it won't be easy.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Sorry nobody has answered my question yet, what would you have done differently considering the injuries we have, it was not just the odd 1 or 2, 6 players!!! If you add Rooney, that is 7 because he is completely finished as a player, so you see what we have at our disposal, I don't look for excuses but this was bare reality staring in our faces, I don't care whether you are Barcelona, Real Madrid or whatever, if you have 6 first teamers out, you will struggle, I did not enjoy the game yesterday but we played with what we had at our disposal, Darmian is not a left back, Herrera played out of position, yesterday was a make shift team to ensure we did not lose, we got a point which means we are still in contention for 4th place and we have a game in hand as well, we have Europa matches coming up soon, we have to manage our players unless more will continue to drop, Rashford is one kick away from an injury, it's so glaring, we will make changes at the end of the season, I have not doubt about that, last few season, our defense was an issue, we could not stop leaking goals, now this seems to have been fixed, I just hope we qualify for champions league by hook or crook, if that means we play anti-football, so be it

Ferguson could not have done any better, those years are long gone, we have 6 potential premiership winners, back in the day, who was our rival? We were winning leagues by April with games to spare, we had no credible competitors, Mourinho came and changed all of this, City as well, no team will ever dominate the premiership again, if the likes of Leicester can win a league, there you go, it is good for the league, we will get better
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

Gundogan, Jesus (not fully fit), Silva

also Rooney and Shaw were fully fit and ready to play so remove them from that list.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

Yeah, that's right. You're second best to the Mighty Spurs and that is what's been eating you up. You can troll all you want :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You're second best, defensively, offensively, in the league and in style of football.

Get used to it - you lily-livered manure :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
bonecrusher
Egg
Egg

Post by bonecrusher »

marko wrote:Sorry nobody has answered my question yet, what would you have done differently considering the injuries we have, it was not just the odd 1 or 2, 6 players!!! If you add Rooney, that is 7 because he is completely finished as a player, so you see what we have at our disposal, I don't look for excuses but this was bare reality staring in our faces, I don't care whether you are Barcelona, Real Madrid or whatever, if you have 6 first teamers out, you will struggle, I did not enjoy the game yesterday but we played with what we had at our disposal, Darmian is not a left back, Herrera played out of position, yesterday was a make shift team to ensure we did not lose, we got a point which means we are still in contention for 4th place and we have a game in hand as well, we have Europa matches coming up soon, we have to manage our players unless more will continue to drop, Rashford is one kick away from an injury, it's so glaring, we will make changes at the end of the season, I have not doubt about that, last few season, our defense was an issue, we could not stop leaking goals, now this seems to have been fixed, I just hope we qualify for champions league by hook or crook, if that means we play anti-football, so be it

Ferguson could not have done any better, those years are long gone, we have 6 potential premiership winners, back in the day, who was our rival? We were winning leagues by April with games to spare, we had no credible competitors, Mourinho came and changed all of this, City as well, no team will ever dominate the premiership again, if the likes of Leicester can win a league, there you go, it is good for the league, we will get better
lol 6 first teamers? please tell me who sits for Smalling, Jones and Rojo to start.

In truth you guys were missing 2 starters in Ibra (though I think like the Chelsea game Ibra may not have started this game if he were fit) and Pobga with Mata being a super sub. Truth be told, those are huge losses but when you compare those 3 to Silva, Gundogan and half fit Jesus (not the headless chicken Jesus) you see that both teams were missing key players not just united. City were also missing John Stones.

Secondly, Herrera played out of position vs Chelsea and had a great game but no one complained. He has actually played out of position in a couple other games all by design by coach Moe the hoe.

So this injury and Herrara talk are just excuses.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
oloye wrote:

Abeg sharrap dia and stop importing your failed excuse for the Blank Stars to Manure. Your so called B Team will be first teamers in other teams. You've been winning titles playing teams with less talent and money than your "B" team. Now you're using it as excuse?

B team ko, Breda team ni. mmssshhheeww :tic:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

celebrated the same last season - our defensive stability. A lot of teams would love to have solid defenders

Glad to see you back, missed you in the United v Chelsea game thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

Yeah, that's right. You're second best to the Mighty Spurs and that is what's been eating you up. You can troll all you want :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You're second best, defensively, offensively, in the league and in style of football.

And we are 2nd best in trophies too

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a football pitch there are 2 teams

Shouldn't you ABU's be mad at the Inheritance Merchant for failing to score with he squad at his disposal?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

yeserday is gone, another day has come, do something new in my life :sneaky:

You can thank me later for opening a game thread for you my lily-livered broda from Baatsona :tic: :taunt:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

You can thank me later for opening a game thread for you my lily-livered broda from Baatsona :tic: :taunt:
will you open the Lily-Livered v Goons thread?

or hide in the season-long game thread?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

We did not lose yesterday, that's all that matters, if city were that brilliant, what are they doing fighting for 4th position?? Premiership is the toughest league in Europe, not the best league though, This is Mourinho first season, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt, next season will be his defining season, he is more than aware of the players he has at his disposal, he will have to ditch some players and certainly buy more, we will have a strong team by next season
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

will you open the Lily-Livered v Goons thread?

or hide in the season-long game thread?
Thread is thread. How we open our thread no B your concern. As long as we have a game thread. We no open thread, na wahala. We open one, still wahala dey
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Just finished watching the 1H. Wow, you guys are so so biased.
So no one mentioned the cynical fouls that City players were getting away with? Ota on Rashford, Yaya + Fernadinho on Herrera. Both instances, no card

City's tactics in the first half
Pass pass pass pass then
a) lose the ball
b) pass to a United player
c) long shot over the bar

All the talk is about United but what exactly did City do in the 1H? Kompany was bossing their defence, otherwise Ota and Kolarov were just happy kicking United players. The Inheritance Merchant has no plan B

Herrera should have done better with that header
The Big Fella broke up a lot of City plays
Minister of Defence was his usual self - amazing
DDG was on holiday, except for that shot by Aguero
Martial and rashford did well

Anyway 2H dey start

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:There will be some changes at the end of the season, look at our injury list, Zlatan, mata, smalling, jones, pogba, rojo, 6 good players, how many teams can survive with the injury list? Say what you want about Mourinho, he is indeed managing our team considering what we have at our disposal
Please Fergie managed a worse injury plagued season and Manu still played football. How can you at this level and a club of ManU stature and playing in derby, City keepwr only touched the ball once in the second half. Caballero did not even touch the ball,not even a backpass!
Utterly daft to criticise Mourinho over last night when Ferguson sent out one of the most negative United sides in a derby five years ago

One of you has to be lying. You or Luckhurst. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

benteke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:

the mighty has fallen before, 2003-2005 was not an easy time for a United fan accustomed to success like the treble, but Fergie was busy building another good team that would win the 2008 CL.
At that time some thought Chelsea was going to win the next ten titles.
United is on it's way back, and we know it won't be easy.

At no point in Fergies "rebuilding" days did he ever resort to negative tactics bordering on cowardice.