Friendly: Germany VS Nigeria (Nov 17)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Friendly: Germany VS Nigeria (Nov 17)

Post by Robotnik »

http://africanfootball.com/news/704584/ ... -confirmed
According to media reports in Nigeria, the proposed international friendly between Germany and Nigeria has been scheduled for 17 November 2017.

Nigerian media reports reveal that the highly anticipated friendly game between the Super Eagles and the Manschaft has been confirmed.

According to a to a member of the Nigeria Football Federation, the ongoing talks between the two football associations has bore fruit.

TONY ADAMS REVEALS GRANADA WANT TO SIGN WAKASO PERMANENTLY

Super Eagles of Nigeria mentor, Gernot Rohr is reportedly the first person to confirm talks with the world champions.

OwnGoalNigeria website has it that Rohr confirmed the fixture before a mail was sent by the Nigerian website to a member of the German FA.

The match is meant to prepare the Nigeria national team for the task of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, and the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.

”You can’t be in talks with a nation like Germany without a date in mind, so we have proposed a date of the 17 November 2017 at a yet to be agreed venue,“ he told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”For now we are looking at three venues - Paris, London or Germany. Soon a decision will be reached by both parties and an announcement will be made as well.”

The Super Eagles will meet South Africa in a 2019 AFCON qualifier in June and face Cameroon in August in their crucial qualifier en route to Russia.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Friendly: Germany VS Nigeria (Nov 17)

Post by vancity eagle »

It will be after our final qualifying game against Algeria.

Hopefully we qualify so this game will not be meaningless.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I don't believe it yet. :|
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Tori Wor wor.. siddon look mode activated
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Certainly, there is a story out in the local media (including quotes of Rohr) that Nigeria did contact Germany for an international. At least, one media house confirmed the story with the German FA. But that story only acknowledged contact but did say that a friendly was finalized.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

No location confirmed?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

kalani JR wrote:No location confirmed?
....lunar stadium, moon base alpha
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Why would Germany want to play a friendly in London or Paris against a non-English or French team?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

anointed wrote:Why would Germany want to play a friendly in London or Paris against a non-English or French team?
Because they want to help Nigeria. :woot:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

anointed wrote:Why would Germany want to play a friendly in London or Paris against a non-English or French team?
This is why I think the no location means there is no game.