[TBL] Man United (1-1) Swansea [White Pele]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] Man United (1-1) Swansea [White Pele]

Post by felarey »

Well... I haven't heard any talk of homesickness recently, that was 5 yrs ago. Utd should not be going to pick a talented young keeper that's not saving Sunderland right now as replacement for De Gea. I trust Mourinho wouldn't do such a thing.
wiseone wrote:Felarey, DDG can go to Madrid, get paid more than 200K, AND live with his girlfriend in his hometown - while playing for the European and world champions. Not many people would turn down the chance to move back home for more money to be with their loved ones and family. Like I said in my earlier post, the only players that can replace DDG without a drop in quality are Neuer and Courtois (and neither is going to join Man Utd).

Pickford is the best of the young GKs that are obtainable. Not everything at Sunderland is dross. Defoe, Khazri, and Anichebe have played well this season (and they have a Champions League winner in their squad).
felarey wrote:At 200k per week, if that is the type of mentality he has and is homesick, I'd like to drive him to the airport myself. Other than Ronaldo whose speculation went on for 3 yrs, the relationship between those players and Fergie had started to breakdown somewhat. Fergie was an absolute manager.

Pickford??? I won't touch anything at Sunderland right now talkless a player or goalkeeper. We can surely do better. Every manager plans for Carrick's retirement and eventual exit until they realize Man Utd don't lose when Carrick is playing and in form. I think Shaw and Damian just need a run of games, for me Shaw is a gem, remember what he was doing in LVG's team before the leg break. Damian is supposed to be two footed, highly rated in Italy and started his career as CD, suggests versatility and could come good.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Pickford should be a long-term option. In the same way that Man Utd signed a teenage DDG as a long-term replacement for Van Der Sar even though they knew DDG was not yet ready (they signed him on potential).
felarey wrote:Well... I haven't heard any talk of homesickness recently, that was 5 yrs ago. Utd should not be going to pick a talented young keeper that's not saving Sunderland right now as replacement for De Gea. I trust Mourinho wouldn't do such a thing.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote:Pickford should be a long-term option. In the same way that Man Utd signed a teenage DDG as a long-term replacement for Van Der Sar even though they knew DDG was not yet ready (they signed him on potential).
felarey wrote:Well... I haven't heard any talk of homesickness recently, that was 5 yrs ago. Utd should not be going to pick a talented young keeper that's not saving Sunderland right now as replacement for De Gea. I trust Mourinho wouldn't do such a thing.
Disagree DDG wasn't ready, he came in as a starter. He was already a starter at Athletico Madrid and had put up some amazing performances against R. Madrid and Barcelona. I believe the R. Madrid coach (Del Bosque?) even said he was the future of their team. He was small and skinny then, I remember standing in the stands behind him in Maryland wondering how he could cover the net. We need a keeper that is ready to win here and now. Google News is touting Kasper Schmeichel from Leceister and Joe Hart. Also say we may be including James Rodriguez in exchange for DDG. All these are just rumours for now. I'll definitely take another Schmeichel over Pickford anyday.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Felarey - have you forgotten DDG's shaky start? He made mistakes in his first two games for Man Utd and was so unreliable he got dropped after a few games. He was dropped for...Lindegaard (no relation to Jesse) who is currently at Preston North End on loan. WBA sent him there because he was not even good enough to be the 3rd choice GK for WBA. If Ferguson dropped DDG for a GK of that 'calibre', you know DDG must have been having serious issues.

Check this thread for the issues that DDG had at the start of his Man Utd career: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=215221&hilit=+de+gea+

I wouldn't mind Joe Hart but Citeh would never sell him to Man Utd (they would rather sell him to ABU FC).
felarey wrote: Disagree DDG wasn't ready, he came in as a starter. He was already a starter at Athletico Madrid and had put up some amazing performances against R. Madrid and Barcelona. I believe the R. Madrid coach (Del Bosque?) even said he was the future of their team. He was small and skinny then, I remember standing in the stands behind him in Maryland wondering how he could cover the net. We need a keeper that is ready to win here and now. Google News is touting Kasper Schmeichel from Leceister and Joe Hart. Also say we may be including James Rodriguez in exchange for DDG. All these are just rumours for now. I'll definitely take another Schmeichel over Pickford anyday.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

felarey wrote:
wiseone wrote:Pickford should be a long-term option. In the same way that Man Utd signed a teenage DDG as a long-term replacement for Van Der Sar even though they knew DDG was not yet ready (they signed him on potential).
Disagree DDG wasn't ready, he came in as a starter. He was already a starter at Athletico Madrid and had put up some amazing performances against R. Madrid and Barcelona. I believe the R. Madrid coach (Del Bosque?) even said he was the future of their team. He was small and skinny then, I remember standing in the stands behind him in Maryland wondering how he could cover the net. We need a keeper that is ready to win here and now. Google News is touting Kasper Schmeichel from Leceister and Joe Hart. Also say we may be including James Rodriguez in exchange for DDG. All these are just rumours for now. I'll definitely take another Schmeichel over Pickford anyday.
If ask to pick out of schmeichel, Hart and Pickford.....Schmeichel any day!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
felarey wrote:
If ask to pick out of schmeichel, Hart and Pickford.....Schmeichel any day!
Pickford no dey list. And neither is Hart at the moment. They are looking at the likes of Schmeichel and Obla. Schmeichel is very attractive to them because of his homegrown status, so is Michael Keane (Burnley's defender).

Personally, I will go for Schmeichel AND Pickford. I will then loan Pickford to Sunderland for two seasons. Then he cam come back and replace Romero, while competing with Schmeichel.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?