Victor Moses reflects on unforgettable 2016-17 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Victor Moses reflects on unforgettable 2016-17 Season

Post by balo »

Victor Moses reflects on already unforgettable 2016-17 Chelsea season

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/ ... iew-quotes

The 2016-17 season has a chance to be a very special one for Chelsea, but for some players, such as Victor Moses, it’s already become an unforgettable one.

Perhaps even more so than most at the club, the 26-year-old winger was eager to prove his worth on the big stage following his three seasons away from the club on various loans at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham. In preseason, and not for the first time, Moses impressed. But this time, unlike all previous times with Chelsea, his performances were not only acknowledged, but were rewarded by a first-team spot.

"It's frustrating when you know your manager wants to use other players ahead of you and you've got to go on loan to different clubs. You get injured and all of a sudden you're not getting back in the team. You can't settle well. You've got to move your kids to a new school every season… Stuff like that is always going to play in your head."

"I've never doubted the ability that I've got. Chelsea is one of the best clubs in the world and I've always believed I have the ability to get into the team. I've proved that this season. I just kept working hard and kept believing in myself. I've moved on from the difficult times now. This is a season I am never going to forget."

However, not even Moses himself could’ve predicted that his season would play out in the way that it has. From early season substitute appearances as a winger, to one of the first names on the team-sheet at a brand new position ... it turns out that all Moses needed was a bit of trust, a bit of love, and a few fresh ideas.

"For a manager to come up to you and speak to you [that you will be staying at the club], it meant a lot. I really appreciated it."

"We've got a manager now who gives everyone the opportunity to express themselves. I felt that from the start, right from the first day of training. He was talking to all the players. There was no favouritism. Everyone was the same to him. As long as you went out and proved yourself, he would give you the opportunity. I was very pleased to see that. It gave me confidence."

"He knows I'm good offensively. He has always said to me that I'm very good in one-v-ones, but defensively he's always working hard on me in training to make sure I'm solid. It has helped bring my game to another level. He talks to me a lot. I really appreciate that from a manager."

Moses may be tired of talking about his (very successful) conversion to a wing-back and how that all came about, but of course he had to hit at least the highlights in this latest interview with Sky Sports ahead of Sunday’s showdown at Goodison against Everton.

"The first time he put me there was the day after we lost to Arsenal. We all knew the formation he liked to play when he was Italy manager, but I had never actually thought about playing wing back. After the session he went through it all with me, how to play the position and everything. I took it in and didn't look back."

"I've always played in different positions. I don't see myself in one position. I'm an all-round player. Wherever the manager asks me to play, I'm willing to do it to help the team."

-Victor Moses; Source: Sky Sports

Moses’s attitude has been exemplary throughout his Chelsea career and his success this season is sure to serve as inspiration for many of the 30+ loanees currently out on various assignments across Europe and England. With a fresh contract in hand, signed a couple months ago, Victor’s Chelsea career has only just begun.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Moses reflects on unforgettable 2016-17 Season

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The question now is whether or not he will continue to be a winger for SE. I expect him to be even better next yr.
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

"We've got a manager now who gives everyone the opportunity to express themselves. I felt that from the start, right from the first day of training. He was talking to all the players. There was no favouritism. Everyone was the same to him. As long as you went out and proved yourself, he would give you the opportunity. I was very pleased to see that. It gave me confidence."
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Kai Mikel o
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

:thumbs: Victor Moses is currently Nigeria's best footballer, simple and plain
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

9jaMan wrote::thumbs: Victor Moses is currently Nigeria's best footballer, simple and plain
He's probably odds on favorite to win APOTY.

Can't think of anyone else who's having a better season, maybe PEA. And no one stood out at the AFCON.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ANC wrote:Kai Mikel o
:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
Why bring Mikel?So you believe what Moses is saying?You don't know Conte ask him to make this interview after when he was call out for lying Mikel is injured when bobo was fit?
Open your eyes
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

reflect ke? season hasn't finished
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

theYemster wrote:
9jaMan wrote::thumbs: Victor Moses is currently Nigeria's best footballer, simple and plain
He's probably odds on favorite to win APOTY.

Can't think of anyone else who's having a better season, maybe PEA. And no one stood out at the AFCON.
In the Hayatou era, you generally didn't win APOY if you don't play in the afcon. This year's title will say a lot about where the new board wants to take African footy. Siddon look.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

It will be a sweet moment when he lifts the EPL trophy at the end of the season.. Happy for him :thumb:
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

This makes me wonder what exactly Mourhino was thinking. The season before Jose came, moses banged in ten goals! He was always one of the best chelsea players in preseason. Strange!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gochino wrote:This makes me wonder what exactly Mourhino was thinking. The season before Jose came, moses banged in ten goals! He was always one of the best chelsea players in preseason. Strange!
same rubbish Jose is thinking at United , setting a world record drawing games, and dashing pool/city top 4
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

gochino wrote:This makes me wonder what exactly Mourhino was thinking. The season before Jose came, moses banged in ten goals! He was always one of the best chelsea players in preseason. Strange!
Moses took a dig right there at Jose when he mentioned coaches who show favoritism. He is doing the same now at ManU, his fall is imminent! If i was Luke Shaw i would give him a dirty slap one day and ask for transfer to another club to rebuild my career!
That fool of a manager always thrives at someone's misery or through beefing with someone.

now that the other managers have wise up to him and ignore him, he is now turning on his own players, ridiculing them on the media week in week out. It is shameful what he is currently doing to Shaw, utterly shameful!

He was going to use Moses and others as the fall guys, but karma caught up with his rubbish!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:
Moses took a dig right there at Jose when he mentioned coaches who show favoritism. He is doing the same now at ManU, his fall is imminent! If i was Luke Shaw i would give him a dirty slap one day and ask for transfer to another club to rebuild my career!
That fool of a manager always thrives at someone's misery or through beefing with someone.

now that the other managers have wise up to him and ignore him, he is now turning on his own players, ridiculing them on the media week in week out. It is shameful what he is currently doing to Shaw, utterly shameful!

He was going to use Moses and others as the fall guys, but karma caught up with his rubbish!
bros, this is his modus operandi EVERYWHERE he has been! It is NEVER emperor mourinho's fault. he always blames everyone (players, physio, refs pundits, other coaches, Ball boys, :lol: fans, the list goes on ) but himself.

As for Moses, he has been taking digs at Mourinho from the start of the season.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The impact a manager has on the personal development of a player is often understated. Happy for Moses that he found "the guy" that made the difference. Moses has played under world class managers for years, and he only just found the guy.

After the announcement of Guardiola-to-ManCity, I remember having a debate on here with Solace Chukwu - who was sure it would only mean good things for Kelechi - that in my mind, the risk to Kelechi's career just went up. Pellegrini had him on a good path, and there was no telling what Guardiola was going to feel about him.

Many players have been derailed by the wrong manager at the wrong time. Getting a manager that believes in you, is ready to help you develop, and gives you the opportunity to succeed/fail is priceless. From Vic Mo's comments, most world class managers tend to focus only on a subset of their players to the detriment of the rest. You never know the trash heap that many a-chelsea players have been dumped on prematurely.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet