Alexandre Lacazette reveals criteria for summer destination

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Alexandre Lacazette reveals criteria for summer destination

Post by metalalloy »

Lacazette has long been rumoured to be on the Reds’ radar, with the France international emerging as one of Europe’s finest goalscorers in recent years.

This season, the 25-year-old has scored 31 in 40 games in all competitions, outgrowing his surroundings at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais.

Lyon are battling with Bordeaux and Marseille for two places in next season’s Europa League, but Lacazette’s ambitions are now higher than Europe’s second tier.

Speaking to UEFA.com, Lacazette revealed he could be looking to move on this summer, with both Champions League and an attractive style of play central to his choice of destination.

“This summer I might go for a breath of fresh air and try something different, always with the idea of progressing in football and as a person,” he explained.

“I’m going to keep working, with the hope that good opportunities come for me this summer.

“[The team I join] will have to be in the Champions League and play good football.

“Passing the ball, not just hitting it from box to box. Not kick and rush. That would not work for me.”
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Alexandre Lacazette during the French Ligue 1 match between Lyon and Lille at the Stade de Gerland in France on October 05, 2014 (Picture by JEAN PAUL THOMAS Sportimage/PA Images)

Liverpool could fit the criteria for Lacazette if they were to make a move for the striker this summer, with Jurgen Klopp‘s side currently battling for a top-four finish.

Sitting third in the table, three points ahead of fourth-placed Man City, four ahead of fifth-placed Man United and nine above Arsenal in sixth, they are in a strong position.

With just three games left to play, the Reds have a strong chance of securing their place in next season’s Champions League.

This will likely come at the expense of Arsenal, a club who have also been credited with an interest in Lacazette, underlining the importance of finishing in the top four.

It remains to be seen whether Liverpool would approach Lacazette, with Roberto Firmino already established as Klopp’s first-choice centre-forward, but he would suit the Reds’ system.

The German is a proponent of expansive, attacking football, eschewing the direct approach Lacazette is keen to avoid.

If Klopp does have the opportunity to sign the sharpshooter ahead of 2017/18, he would be wise to take it—as Lacazette is a top-level goalscorer.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/05/l ... stination/
Last edited by metalalloy on Tue May 02, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alexandre Lacazette reveals criteria for summer destinat

Post by nemi2002 »

Rubbish
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Should Aubameyang leave this summer (what I doubt) Lacazette should be our number one transfer target.
We fulfill his criteria - guess he has already Dortmund in mind when he talks about beautiful football.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DAgrin wrote:Should Aubameyang leave this summer (what I doubt) Lacazette should be our number one transfer target.
We fulfill his criteria - guess he has already Dortmund in mind when he talks about beautiful football.
Ajax also plays beautifully! Did he have them in mind yesterday? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Rumors that Lacazette has accepted Atleti. I assume the sexiness of their attacking football persuaded him :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

thread...fail

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: