Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 70987
Location: Earth
Image

No other footballer of this era can match Cron...numbers do not lie

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 36385
Unfortunately for him, he's not the best of his era.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 70987
Location: Earth
platinum wrote:
Unfortunately for him, he's not the best of his era.

who is better than him today?( if he wins the worldcup, he has no equals

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Posts: 28905
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Since Pele? Dunno but in this era, right now, he is the best.

_________________
Nigerian T-shirts online!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 36385
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Unfortunately for him, he's not the best of his era.

who is better than him today?( if he wins the worldcup, he has no equals


Messi is better than him.

He has stayed healthy so that's the main upside he has over the other Ronaldo otherwise I'd pick that one over him too.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:29 pm
Posts: 1115
CR7 is simply one of the most prolific goal-scorers football has ever seen.

However, for that tangible whole which determines the best footballer on the park, I'll argue he's not as good as Messi in this era.

Perhaps for sheer dedication to his craft, CR7 probably has no peers...

_________________
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:38 am
Posts: 8759
Location: iteakwa aka Port Harcourt
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Image

No other footballer of this era can match Cron...numbers do not lie

What numbers?

_________________
The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself - ABBA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 11970
Help me ask her


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 70987
Location: Earth
platinum wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Unfortunately for him, he's not the best of his era.

who is better than him today?( if he wins the worldcup, he has no equals


Messi is better than him.

He has stayed healthy so that's the main upside he has over the other Ronaldo otherwise I'd pick that one over him too.

brah messi is not better than Cron..be it club or international performances

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 70987
Location: Earth
There is no footballer on earth better than Cron. He is physical, he has aerial abilities ( only tim Cahill can rival that) skills, flicks, finesse, speed, power, movements, heart and is a one man machine.. he isn't even a forward, but a hybrid winger

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:13 am
Posts: 1315
When you look at Champions League performances or national team impact Ronaldo is on a whole other level than Messi.

Messi is probably better as a league player, but not by much.

Messi is flashier, but I would choose Cristiano over Messi every day, simply because the second one is a winner, the other isn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:31 am
Posts: 1168
Location: gdrjggm
Will choose Real Ronaldo and Ronaldinho at their peaks ahead of Messi and Ronaldo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:57 pm
Posts: 10350
Location: D-Town
Ronaldo might be more efficient but Messi is the more talented footballer and has more influence on the pitch.

Both are brillant in their own right but I go for Messi any day.
He is so magical on the.
I even prefer Ronaldinho ahead of Ronaldinho. He had the best ball control of all three even though Messi comes very close.

_________________
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68683
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
marutimon wrote:
When you look at Champions League performances or national team impact Ronaldo is on a whole other level than Messi.

Messi is probably better as a league player, but not by much.

Messi is flashier, but I would choose Cristiano over Messi every day, simply because the second one is a winner, the other isn't.


Image

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 6157
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Unfortunately for him, he's not the best of his era.

who is better than him today?( if he wins the worldcup, he has no equals


Messi is better than him.

He has stayed healthy so that's the main upside he has over the other Ronaldo otherwise I'd pick that one over him too.

brah messi is not better than Cron..be it club or international performances



This should settle it. Any other word will be a waste of space on CE.

_________________
"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 6157
DAgrin wrote:
Ronaldo might be more efficient but Messi is the more talented footballer and has more influence on the pitch.


Who is the opponent? I watched Messi against Chile twice, I drew my own conclusion. Messi is a Barca player specially with guys like Xavi, Iniesta, Eto'o, and so on.

_________________
"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:42 pm
Posts: 3902
Sweet Jesus! Sweet Jesus! I do no have the strength

_________________
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 20041
Bigpokey24 wrote:
There is no footballer on earth better than Cron. He is physical, he has aerial abilities ( only tim Cahill can rival that) skills, flicks, finesse, speed, power, movements, heart and is a one man machine.. he isn't even a forward, but a hybrid winger


I too pick Ronaldo over messi. Rinaldo has more in his armoury. Heading, speed, stamina, shooting, two legged etc. Messi has better ball control and drilling and is more pleasing on the eye but I feel Ronaldo is more suited to different styles of play and team tactics than messi who seems to thrive under a particular system i.e Barcelona system. Can you imagine messi playing as a lone striker in a team playing long balls. Exactly :lol:

_________________
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:54 pm
Posts: 15813
Location: Ray's Boom-Boom Room
It seems we have to do this everytime Ronaldo has a great game / season, at the end of the day they have shared the same pitch enough times in La Liga....we all know who the best is.

Image

And even on numbers / volume where Ronaldo prides himself he cannot touch Messi.

OVERALL

Name Games Goals Assists Ratio

Messi***581*****505*****230****1.265*

Ronaldo*683*****517*****188****1.032*

So not only does Messi have more goals + Assists overall with 102 less appearances, for all the talk of left foot, right foot and head and how Ronaldo is more complete...Messi is the more effective attacking player. The numbers show what we can see with our eyes during games that Messi is overall the more creative player and is more involved in the build up to goals because for every 2.5 goals he has scored he has assisted 1. While Ronaldo for every 3.6 goals assists 1. Pretty sure the numbers will tell the full story of just how much better Messi is if statistics on chances created over their careers is ever produced....

Just to be clear if Messi continues at this rate by the time he will have played 683 career games like Ronaldo has played he will have blasted in close to 600 goals and will likely be approaching 300 assists.

Ronaldo is amazing but Messi is the best of this Era.

_________________
To God be the glory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 6157
Skylolo wrote:
It seems we have to do this everytime Ronaldo has a great game / season, at the end of the day they have shared the same pitch enough times in La Liga....we all know who the best is.

Image

And even on numbers / volume where Ronaldo prides himself he cannot touch Messi.

OVERALL

Name Games Goals Assists Ratio

Messi***581*****505*****230****1.265*

Ronaldo*683*****517*****188****1.032*

So not only does Messi have more goals + Assists overall with 102 less appearances, for all the talk of left foot, right foot and head and how Ronaldo is more complete...Messi is the more effective attacking player. The numbers show what we can see with our eyes during games that Messi is overall the more creative player and is more involved in the build up to goals because for every 2.5 goals he has scored he has assisted 1. While Ronaldo for every 3.6 goals assists 1. Pretty sure the numbers will tell the full story of just how much better Messi is if statistics on chances created over their careers is ever produced....

Just to be clear if Messi continues at this rate by the time he will have played 683 career games like Ronaldo has played he will have blasted in close to 600 goals and will likely be approaching 300 assists.

Ronaldo is amazing but Messi is the best of this Era.


Messi the Barcelona player. Ronaldo THE football player won with United, R. Madrid, Portugal.

_________________
"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 11970
When they both retire, it will be clear that Messi was a better footballer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 68683
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
nemi2002 wrote:
When they both retire, it will be clear that Messi was a better footballer


when they retire, people will remember this...

Image

_________________

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:49 am
Posts: 4160
Location: Bora Bora
tfco wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:
When they both retire, it will be clear that Messi was a better footballer


when they retire, people will remember this...

Image


:rotf:

_________________
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Tunisian Gooner and 48 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group