Status of SE's Top 15

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Status of SE's Top 15

Post by chief nfachairman »

I believe that to rule the world in the game of football, we need our players playing regular topflight football (with 2-3 exceptions). Below is an Analysis of our current top 15 SE players:

1. We have 2 Players almost in the WORLD CLASS bracket: NDIDI and V.Moses
2. We have 7 players that with the right moves and commitment next season, can turn heads and rub shoulders with the world best players: Omeruo, Balogun, Onazi, Etebo, Iwobi NAcho, Simon moses
3. 2 players we just cant do without due to experience in the game and the team: Mikel and Echijiele
4. Extremely hopeless goalkeeping situation. We need Enyeama BACK! Carl and others would remain backups.
5. 2 players need to get their acts together and maybe they can be top players: Ahmed Musa and Troost Ekong

We are a season away from knowing if the SE would pack a bunch of world class and bad #$% players.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Color schemes
Red: Needs to be replaced
Blue: Good but Can Do better
Green: Not too good but can do better
Black: We just need them
:thumb: : Baba o

See breakdown Below
1.Ikeme - Div 2 Player. Almost permanently injured. We need Eyeama till after the World cup.
2.Akpeyi - Back water league of SA. Inspired no confidence. We need a replacement.

3.Omeruo - Doing his thing in Turkey. Needs to move up to a better League.
4.Balogun - Starter when not injured. Needs a better club
5.Troost Ekong - Off and on the bench. Should tie down a regular spot next season.
6.Echiejiele - He has warmed the bench more than he has played in his entire career. We need his experience though

7.Ndidi :thumb: - Baddo Sneh
8.Onazi - Doing his thing in Turkey. Needs to move up to a better League.
9.Etebo - Doing well in Top flight Portuguese league. WOuld do better or move to a better team next season.
10.MIkel - Our captain. Experience, laurels, and still a bad #$% player.
11.Iwobi - Chopping bench. Should and would fight for his position. I expect him to get his position back next season

12.Nacho - Can be one of the very best. Should do a Lukaku. Morinho didnt value him, moved on to another team and now one of the top 3 strikers in the EPL.
13.Moses :thumb: - World class
14.Ahmed Musa - Needs to fight for a starting shirt or go to another team and turn heads
15.Simon Moses - Was hot this season. Would get to a top team next season. Hopefully, he does he stuff and not chop bench there.

Honourable Mention. Could possibly break into the Eagles Top 15
1. Kayode - Scoring goals for fun in Austria. DId well in Europa. Should move to a better League
2. Isaac success - Bad #$% player. Injuries has been his biggest ish. if he remains fit, would take the premiership by storm next season.
3. Tyrone - One of Nigeria's most consistent player of the season in a good dutch league.
4. Ola Aina - Exercise his rights on the bench. Should go get regular football in another Premier league team or shoudl stake a claim to the starting shirt at Chelsea.
bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Status of SE's Top 15

Post by bully12 »

chief nfachairman wrote:I believe that to rule the world in the game of football, we need our players playing regular topflight football (with 2-3 exceptions). Below is an Analysis of our current top 15 SE players:

2. We have 7 players that with the right moves and commitment next season, can turn heads and rub shoulders with the world best players: Omeruo, Balogun, Onazi, Etebo, Iwobi NAcho, Simon moses
3. 2 players we just cant do without due to experience in the game and the team: Mikel and Echijiele
4. Extremely hopeless goalkeeping situation. We need Enyeama BACK! Carl and others would remain backups.
5. 2 players need to get their acts together and maybe they can be top players: Ahmed Musa and Troost Ekong

We are a season away from knowing if the SE would pack a bunch of world class and bad #$% players.

Color schemes

See breakdown Below
1.Ikeme - Div 2 Player. Almost permanently injured. We need Eyeama till after the World cup.
2.Akpeyi - Back water league of SA. Inspired no confidence. We need a replacement.

5.Troost Ekong - Off and on the bench. Should tie down a regular spot next season.
6.Echiejiele - He has warmed the bench more than he has played in his entire career. We need his experience though

9.Etebo - Doing well in Top flight Portuguese league. WOuld do better or move to a better team next season.
11.Iwobi - Chopping bench. Should and would fight for his position. I expect him to get his position back next season

12.Nacho - Can be one of the very best. Should do a Lukaku. Morinho didnt value him, moved on to another team and now one of the top 3 strikers in the EPL.
14.Ahmed Musa - Needs to fight for a starting shirt or go to another team and turn heads
15.Simon Moses - Was hot this season. Would get to a top team next season. Hopefully, he does he stuff and not chop bench there.

1. Kayode - Scoring goals for fun in Austria. DId well in Europa. Should move to a better League
2. Isaac success - Bad #$% player. Injuries has been his biggest ish. if he remains fit, would take the premiership by storm next season.
3. Tyrone - One of Nigeria's most consistent player of the season in a good dutch league.
4. Ola Aina - Exercise his rights on the bench. Should go get regular football in another Premier league team or shoudl stake a claim to the starting shirt at Chelsea.
Did you completely rule out Onyekuru wittingly? Where does he belong in this your classification? There is no doubt he is better than most of the players that you mentioned apart from maybe Moses and Ndidi. His continuous exclusion puzzles me which I'm sure is not based on football reasons. Currently, he is our hottest prospect in Europe. He is in this same league with Moses Simons but his stocks are far higher than Moses. If kelechi and Musa are invited it is aberration for his exclusion. There is no iota of justification for that. I hope we are not witnessing a reminiscent what transpired between Keshi and Uche Kalu. Oruma and Amodu due to unnecessary haughtiness of the coaches. Honestly I thought with Rohr such distracting imbroglio has been averted.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I agree with the Mikel part 110%
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bully12 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:I believe that to rule the world in the game of football, we need our players playing regular topflight football (with 2-3 exceptions). Below is an Analysis of our current top 15 SE players:

Color schemes

See breakdown Below

Did you completely rule out Onyekuru wittingly? Where does he belong in this your classification? There is no doubt he is better than most of the players that you mentioned apart from maybe Moses and Ndidi. His continuous exclusion puzzles me which I'm sure is not based on football reasons. Currently, he is our hottest prospect in Europe. He is in this same league with Moses Simons but his stocks are far higher than Moses. If kelechi and Musa are invited it is aberration for his exclusion. There is no iota of justification for that. I hope we are not witnessing a reminiscent what transpired between Keshi and Uche Kalu. Oruma and Amodu due to unnecessary haughtiness of the coaches. Honestly I thought with Rohr such distracting imbroglio has been averted.
I'm a huge fan of Onyekuru. INfact, I would soon be the chairman of Onyekuru Shriners Association. I didnt put him on this list becuase he has not been invited and not kicked a ball for the SE. Atleast, Tyrone and Ola Aina played for NIgeria in the closed door SE vs SE friendly in England.
nim
Egg
Egg

Post by nim »

Er.... but I thought Enyeama is also suffering a long term injury too??!
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Not that it matters but by default this is what your color scheme should look like.

Color schemes

Green: We just need them

Blue: Good but can do better

Black: Not too good but can do better.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Onyekuru is arguably just behind Victor and Ndidi.
What about Awaziem, Nuhu, Esiti, Mikel Agu (most improved player of the season), Kayode, Nwakali and so on?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

"We have 2 Players almost in the WORLD CLASS bracket: NDIDI and V.Moses"
..I stopped reading right there...' no point continuing when U call these two "World Class"
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:Not that it matters but by default this is what your color scheme should look like.

Color schemes

Green: We just need them

Blue: Good but can do better

Black: Not too good but can do better.

So Ndidi and Moses are World class on one point, but not too good and can do better?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

paj wrote:"We have 2 Players almost in the WORLD CLASS bracket: NDIDI and V.Moses"
..I stopped reading right there...' no point continuing when U call these two "World Class"
Pa
He didn't say world class, but almost world class
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Moses maybe. Ndidi is still far from world class.
ikemba wrote:
paj wrote:"We have 2 Players almost in the WORLD CLASS bracket: NDIDI and V.Moses"
Pa
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I agree with the Mikel part 110%
You? What else would have said? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ikemba wrote:
Pa
... thank you! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:Moses maybe. Ndidi is still far from world class.
ikemba wrote:
Pa
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Meanwhile, Leon Balogun is at a club commensurate with his talent...
And I am not sure exactly which Simon Moses was supposedly "hot" this season.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ikemba wrote:
Pa
I KPOM this response. If Ndidi is already ALMOST world Class then that world class must be open to numerous other players at the moment. This is no more than a hometown dream or hype.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Enugu II wrote:
ikemba wrote:
Pa
I KPOM this response. If Ndidi is already ALMOST world Class then that world class must be open to numerous other players at the moment. This is no more than a hometown dream or hype.
TRUE. In the land of the blind one eye man is the king. There is no question about it the standard of players has definitely deteriorated for many years. Honestly, I was thinking our U17 of 13 and 15 at least we will produce potential 2 or 3 world class players . Unfortunately, all of them have slowly fizzle out from the surface of the earth. I keep wondering is this ill luck or what. Tell me why Kelechi and Success should not be performing at the level of Dybala and Mbappe right now. To my uttermost surprise Yaha Musa,Abubukar Chidibera Nwakali , Idowu and Alampusa disappeared into to. What a shame.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bully12 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
ikemba wrote:
Pa
TRUE. In the land of the blind one eye man is the king. There is no question about it the standard of players has definitely deteriorated for many years. Honestly, I was thinking our U17 of 13 and 15 at least we will produce potential 2 or 3 world class players . Unfortunately, all of them have slowly fizzle out from the surface of the earth. I keep wondering is this ill luck or what. Tell me why Kelechi and Success should not be performing at the level of Dybala and Mbappe right now. To my uttermost surprise Yaha Musa,Abubukar Chidibera Nwakali , Idowu and Alampusa disappeared into to. What a shame.

To read about U17 development click on link below. This phenomenon is not restricted to Nigeria. Below is a recent research study on this issue.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... 17_Players
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Pa
I said "Almost". Ndidi since he moved to England has proven to be the top 5/6 performer in that position in the EPL while V.MOses has been one of the TOp 3 players in the newly invigorated champions.

I believe their exploits next season if taken 1 notch up would put them in that WORLD CLASS category.

AGain, the definition of World class cane be argued for example, Alan Shearer some few months ago said Aguero is the only World Class striker in the EPL.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Pa
I said "Almost". Ndidi since he moved to England has proven to be the top 5/6 performer in that position in the EPL while V.MOses has been one of the TOp 3 players in the newly invigorated champions.

I believe their exploits next season if taken 1 notch up would put them in that WORLD CLASS category.

AGain, the definition of World class cane be argued for example, Alan Shearer some few months ago said Aguero is the only World Class striker in the EPL.
chief nfachairman,

It certainly can be argued and that is why the argument has cropped up on this thread. For me, 'World' Class player is an exclusive list of players that may be selected to form a squad (20-25) players to represent the world in a fantasized game with say Jupiter or Mars. LOL. I do not believe a player who is 5th or 6th in his position in the EPL will make that list.

The next level could be continental level player but that is rarely used. Instead, the media often use the term 'International' class. An 'International' class player is a player who is likely starter for a team that frequently makes the World Cup tournament finals.