Fifa to investigate Pogba transfer

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Fifa to investigate Pogba transfer

Post by cic old boy »

Chai! Pogba's agent received 49m euros "commission" on a 100m euro deal.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... responsive

I bet a "special" person got his cut. Explains why so much money was paid for such an average player.
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fifa to investigate Pogba transfer

Post by pajimoh »

cic old boy wrote:Chai! Pogba's agent received 49m euros "commission" on a 100m euro deal.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... responsive

I bet a "special" person got his cut. Explains why so much money was paid for such an average player.
That is half the fee - unbelievable. The same agent represented 3 players to the same club - DODGY

All this money for 6th place? shortco get in here you lilly livered manure :tic: :sneaky: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

How dem dey tok am sef? If you scratch your yansh, you get smelly fingers. That's one transfer that leaves a trail of smelly fingers. Mourinho may not come out unscathed in this.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

All the transfers should be investigated, i have been saying it for long that most of these transfers are dodgy. There is nothing new here!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:All the transfers should be investigated, i have been saying it for long that most of these transfers are dodgy. There is nothing new here!
Most of the time, it's the club making the outlay that could possibly be compromised. How much went out and to whom?

When Spurs sold Bale, it was money coming in. They would have specified their price, just like Juve would have named theirs. The buying club is responsible for other additions including agent fee.

However it is also possible that the manager or someone else could get a cut from over-inflated agent fee. But in any case, that is on the buying club.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Even transfer at youth level stinks, they promise you private education, including 500,000 and you are just 10 years old......I just wonder who comes up with all this moeny
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It happens at every club, wherever there is cheese, there are mice. Many, many managers have stakes in agencies, all be they convoluted and covert. Not a single transfer involving a top fee or supposedly top player, is legit. T'is not any particular club, rather each and every club! Moreso those with clueless money bag chairman who surround themselves with vultures in brogues and bespoke suits. They're so numb they don't feel the flesh being stripped from their backs. They're all at, slicing the cake like Mr Kipling.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

FIFA can only investigate the big ones. Where there's money there's bound to be people looking for ways and indeed exploiting the system.

Not every transaction can be investigated. Every rule always present an opportunity
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:
oloye wrote:All the transfers should be investigated, i have been saying it for long that most of these transfers are dodgy. There is nothing new here!
Most of the time, it's the club making the outlay that could possibly be compromised. How much went out and to whom?

When Spurs sold Bale, it was money coming in. They would have specified their price, just like Juve would have named theirs. The buying club is responsible for other additions including agent fee.

However it is also possible that the manager or someone else could get a cut from over-inflated agent fee. But in any case, that is on the buying club.
Man mi it is not quite as simple, the clubs are just instruments..think of the club of millionaires behind the scene using players and agents as assets to shift funds around.

You and I see the game, we see players and coaches, we see footballers, but these men see assets and money or capital. To them it is all about making money. These assets afford them the opportunity to move huge funds around without eyebrows being raised.

I started doubting these transfers when Real bought Jonathan Woodgate from Leeds. Woodgate was a known sicknote, ahe was good a defender but not the Madrid quality and definitely not at the price. He went to Real, someone was supposed to have conducted medicals on him which he passed. Well he did not play one single match in his first season as a result of injury he came to Madrid with from Leeds....if that is not a scam, then i dont know what a scam is.

On the Pogba issue, i thought it was an open issue that the transfer waa delayed because of the commission the agent wanted..did he hold back on the share he was meant to pass on?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Black players should be demanding to be represented by black agents, Pogba was screwed on this deal, He is earning 163,000 a week :scared: and the agent still gets paid for future Pogba earnings.....this is modern day slave trade.

Black players should have there own association and chose their agents
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Man mi it is not quite as simple, the clubs are just instruments..think of the club of millionaires behind the scene using players and agents as assets to shift funds around.

You and I see the game, we see players and coaches, we see footballers, but these men see assets and money or capital. To them it is all about making money. These assets afford them the opportunity to move huge funds around without eyebrows being raised.

I started doubting these transfers when Real bought Jonathan Woodgate from Leeds. Woodgate was a known sicknote, ahe was good a defender but not the Madrid quality and definitely not at the price. He went to Real, someone was supposed to have conducted medicals on him which he passed. Well he did not play one single match in his first season as a result of injury he came to Madrid with from Leeds....if that is not a scam, then i dont know what a scam is.

On the Pogba issue, i thought it was an open issue that the transfer waa delayed because of the commission the agent wanted..did he hold back on the share he was meant to pass on?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Like I said, anywhere there's money there's bound to be shady deals. But FIFA cannot investigate every deal but the big ones will send a red flag.
But I don't think when revenue is coming into a club is as dangerous as when money is going out
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Prince wrote:Black players should be demanding to be represented by black agents, Pogba was screwed on this deal, He is earning 163,000 a week :scared: and the agent still gets paid for future Pogba earnings.....this is modern day slave trade.

Black players should have there own association and chose their agents
If you know how the market os stacked up ,you will begin to understand why blacks do not get a strong footing other than be errand boys for te senior boys. To give you a clue, banks are very much involved , the so called agents are just that agent for both the banks and players!

When i went for trials in Swiss in when i was still active, i was picked up by a guy who introduced his profession as a banker. He later gave me his business card, he told me he would be off for the duration of my stay. It did not register on me why a banker would be acting as an agent. I had a Nigerian agent,who transferred me to Stephane. Then later Stephane asked me to come and meet the people he was really working for, he actually called the man his boss. The man was in the hotel cafe, i do not need anyone to tell me this guy was a powerful and important guy. The way he was sitting down like he owned the place and the way Stephane was standing like he was a military junior officer in front of a general. The man spoke with is , we were three,joked with is and wished us good luck.

Looking back now i realised Stephane was working for an investment bank and they pretty much involved in the game. You cannot be moving billions of dollars arohnd in transfer every now and then without the investment arms of the banking world being involved.

FIFA and the FAs are pawns only being called in to investigate when someone glhas been shafted out of a good deal.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This is very true.
Now I suspect this investigation is political and we may see a transfer ban for Man United and Juventus.

This agent i think has p.issed off some important people in football, and he might be in trouble.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

benteke wrote:
This is very true.
Now I suspect this investigation is political and we may see a transfer ban for Man United and Juventus.

This agent i think has p.issed off some important people in football, and he might be in trouble.
How is this political? It's the biggest transfer deal ever and when you think the agent collected almost 50% of the transfer deal, then I think this is a prime candidate for investigation regardless of which clubs are involved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Pogba hasn't exactly given Manchester Utd an advantage in the Premier League!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Neymar's own was even worse( the actual money om that transfer go scatter akara for oil)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Pogba hasn't exactly given Manchester Utd an advantage in the Premier League!
what has that got to do with the transfer? my goodness, why do we constantly have to suffer from zero efforts put into thoughts.. This is why many folks like you have no proper background on how to use critical thinking. ( did you ever take psychology in college)
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kpom
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Pogba hasn't exactly given Manchester Utd an advantage in the Premier League!
what has that got to do with the transfer? my goodness, why do we constantly have to suffer from zero efforts put into thoughts.. This is why many folks like you have no proper background on how to use critical thinking. ( did you ever take psychology in college)
This is coming from a guy who thinks about what Mikel Obi eats for breakfast and let's the world know,I don't tell you what I'm thinking so keep your thoughts on your man Mikel and don't guess about what I'm thinking.All you've ever done is spew your emotions like a scorned woman!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI