Former Lagos CJ Appointed to FIFA Ethics Committee...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Former Lagos CJ Appointed to FIFA Ethics Committee...

Post by Enugu II »

Nigerian gets FIFA appointment
By: Ayodeji Tunde
Thu, May 11 , 2017 (12:34 PM) 169 views
http://fcnaija.com/nigerian-gets-fifa-appointment

The string of groundbreaking feats with regards to global recognition for Nigeria in world football continued on Thursday with the election of immediate past Chief Judge of Lagos State, Hon. Justice Ayotunde Phillips as a Member of the highly respected FIFA Ethics Committee.

In what amounted to another remarkable accomplishment for Nigerian Football, Justice Phillips’ election was ratified by the congress of FIFA at its 67th Congress in Manama, Bahrain on Thursday.

This is further evidence of the rising profile of Nigeria in International Football circles as shown by the recent appointments of the NFF President into important CAF and FIFA roles.

The new FIFA Ethics Committee (Adjudicatory Chamber) is headed by Vassilios Skouris (Greece), the longest –serving President of the European Court of Justice. Fiti Sunia (American Samoa), a Judge and former Attorney General of American Samoa, is deputy chairman.

Other Members are Mohammad Ali Al Kamali (United Arab Emirates: Asia), Aivar Pohlak (Estonia: Europe), Margarita Echeverria (Costa Rica: North and Central America and the Caribbeans), Jack Kariko (Papua New Guinea: Oceania) and Flavio Zveiter (Brazil: South America).

Justice Phillips is presently the Chairman of the Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Former Lagos CJ Appointed to FIFA Ethics Committee...

Post by anointed »

Justice Phillips is presently the Chairman of the Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC).
A State IEC...hmm

I'm curious regarding how he was recommended. Quite a number of our highly placed individuals are not abreast of international best practices and when they do, they don't practice it.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kudos to Pinnick for putting Nigerian administrators on the international map.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

anointed wrote:
A State IEC...hmm

I'm curious regarding how he was recommended. Quite a number of our highly placed individuals are not abreast of international best practices and when they do, they don't practice it.
She
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

oyek wrote:
anointed wrote:
A State IEC...hmm

She
Ok. Thanks.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics