Manure 2- Celta Vigo 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manure 1- Celta Vigo 0

Post by platinum »

anointed wrote:Na overpassing kill La Liga teams...that guy was supposed to bury the ball there instead of squaring the ball

Cliff hanger

FT

Two of those guys will have nightmares about passing up shots
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

The silly man called Jose Mourinho scores one goal and starts defending like that's the only possible thing in the world.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so Thursday euro league is now becoming interesting. Many folks dey tune in to watch for America :clap: :clap: :clap:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

anointed wrote:The silly man called Jose Mourinho scores one goal and starts defending like that's the only possible thing in the world.
And almost paid the price. But alas, almost doesn't count. At some point, Mourinho will have to sutrender his fear and press forward, emerge from the trenches and march onto the marsh land, bayonet at the ready.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:
anointed wrote:The silly man called Jose Mourinho scores one goal and starts defending like that's the only possible thing in the world.
And almost paid the price. But alas, almost doesn't count. At some point, Mourinho will have to sutrender his fear and press forward, emerge from the trenches and march onto the marsh land, bayonet at the ready.
He has peaked...he has nothing to offer again.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

With the players we have, sorry that is the best we can do, we are in the final so we have to go all out to win, I just checked the prices of tickets at friends arena, the cheapest i have seen is 500 pounds, tickets are going fast, hopefully I will be at the final
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:
Coach wrote:
2 Finals in his first year and yet he's a bust....lol

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
Coach wrote:
JM has his problems. However, United is filled with overpaid players with ZERO ambition!

United made a mistake employing JM the time they did. JM has some reflections to do after the performance last season with Chelsea.

United need to launch an investigation into their scouting policy. Only corruption could have made you sto spend so much and end up with such rubbish! I wait for them to pay £100m for Lukaku :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Coach wrote:
JM has his problems. However, United is filled with overpaid players with ZERO ambition!

United made a mistake employing JM the time they did. JM has some reflections to do after the performance last season with Chelsea.

United need to launch an investigation into their scouting policy. Only corruption could have made you sto spend so much and end up with such rubbish! I wait for them to pay £100m for Lukaku :)
i do not expect a mass clearcut, but some players will have to make way

1. Darmian
2. Rooney
3. Luke Shaw - i hope not
4. Smalling
5. Martial - i hope not

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Manure 2- Celta Vigo 1

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

OP

United did not win the game..abeg

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Even if he wins 3 trophies this season, which he can still do, he'd have to admit that he could have achieved much more. To finish outside the top 4, and more importantly, behind such a wretchedly miserable arsenal is a huge fail. And with all those thrown away points at home, United should easily be competing for the league. the 3 trophies, if won (without top 4), wouldnt pass as success, for me.

He needs a whole lot of self reflection, and selling of a lot of sh1t. Sadly, I know mourinho and he loves brainlessness.. so guys like lingard and fellaini will remain.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

If Manu qualifies to play in UEFA champions league next year they are just going there to make up the numbers. They surely lack the technical know-how the savvy and the talents to be a serious contender. Their standard has egregiously deteriorated since Sir Alex retired. It seems it will take miracle of divine intervention to elevate them to their former status . One thing for sure Mourihno is not the man . He is completely devoid of the stroke of the genius he exhibited in the past.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Mourinho was brought to win trophies, he has never been an entertainer and never will be, he will build a strong solid team capable of winning titles and champions league like he did at Portugal, Italy , Spain and England, Man U tied do not have the players to enable us play that entertaining 4-4-2 like Ferguson used to, we are slowly getting there and has started building from the back, that's the reason we have only lost 4 premiership games this season, if we can win the Europa league, there will be changes in united, gone are those injury prone players, I believe up to 5 players will have to leave in order to make way for other players I think we have already identitified, even if we do not win the Europa league which is a possibility, we will have to spend big in order to compensate world class players not playing in the champions league, I believe next season will be man united season
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

marko wrote:With the players we have, sorry that is the best we can do, we are in the final so we have to go all out to win, I just checked the prices of tickets at friends arena, the cheapest i have seen is 500 pounds, tickets are going fast, hopefully I will be at the final
I disagree!! Man Utd can play so much better!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Coach wrote:

I beg to disagree. If Fergie could compete with the likes of Alan Smith being converted from non-scoring striker to midfield. The modern Man Utd squad is not so weak IN ALL positions. The below are some of the names

Defence - Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Rojo
GK - Romero, De Gea
MF - Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini
AM - Mata, Miki
CF - Martial, Rashford, Zlatan

That is a very strong squad. I do not buy the BS crap that Utd's team is weak. It may not be as strong as City's or Chelsea BUT it is far stronger than the squads of Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i agree on your points, but we've been playing 3 games/week since beginning of April.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

And Mourinho told the players not to score??? When we were creating 20 chances and could not bury 3 goals, did the players forget their goal scoring boots at home? Sorry our team only looks strong on paper, Rashford still a raw talent, lingard will it get you 20 goals, Martial has lost form, Very evident, Miki blows hot and cold, so where are we getting all these goals from? Zlatan is out injured and our only recognized scorer, sorry I will not be delutional, changes are needed, if we played ALEX fergusson style with what we have, we will have lost up to 10 games, we need more power in that team, the other big teams have caught up, how comes nobody is talking about this fact?

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Coach wrote:

I beg to disagree. If Fergie could compete with the likes of Alan Smith being converted from non-scoring striker to midfield. The modern Man Utd squad is not so weak IN ALL positions. The below are some of the names

GK - Romero, De Gea
AM - Mata, Miki

That is a very strong squad. I do not buy the BS crap that Utd's team is weak. It may not be as strong as City's or Chelsea BUT it is far stronger than the squads of Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs!!
:agree:with some part of what you saying but Spurs is one of the better team in the league with Chelsea,is not big names that play the game.Spurs has stronger team.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

bully12 wrote:If Manu qualifies to play in UEFA champions league next year they are just going there to make up the numbers. They surely lack the technical know-how the savvy and the talents to be a serious contender. Their standard has egregiously deteriorated since Sir Alex retired. It seems it will take miracle of divine intervention to elevate them to their former status . One thing for sure Mourihno is not the man . He is completely devoid of the stroke of the genius he exhibited in the past.
...exactly, like perennial Arsenal :biggrin:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mcal wrote:
bully12 wrote:If Manu qualifies to play in UEFA champions league next year they are just going there to make up the numbers. They surely lack the technical know-how the savvy and the talents to be a serious contender. Their standard has egregiously deteriorated since Sir Alex retired. It seems it will take miracle of divine intervention to elevate them to their former status . One thing for sure Mourihno is not the man . He is completely devoid of the stroke of the genius he exhibited in the past.
I think Bully is looking too much to this season.Jose unless he is finish,will buy and likely make knock out stage in cL hope they don't make it come on ajax
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Coach wrote:

GK - Romero, De Gea
AM - Mata, Miki

If it was before, I'd have applauded you. But you are simply throwing names out! Have you watched theM?? :rotf: :rotf:

I like how all of a sudden, Mourinho has made Rojo an amazing performer, and now everyone is mentioning Rojo! Last year, everyone was mocking Romero, now Mourinho's goalkeeping coach (who is famous for "making" goalkeepers) has done his magic and now you are mentioning Romero. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You should watch Smalling, JOnes and Martial first before you run your mouth. I was a huge fan of smalling UNTIL I WATCHED HIM! :rotf: :rotf: Did you see Welbeck's goal? Smalling, with all his experience CANNOT judge the flight of a cross!!! Look at the last minute chance for Guidetti yesterday! last minute!!!! Smalling could not judge the speed of a low cross and missed it! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My brother! I am stunned!!! i cant believe how poor smalling and jones are I never knew until I watched them!

I can guarantee you that these players will go to mid table clubs and you will see their true color.

Then we speak of the injuries! Your own spurs has been injury free, by and large and you cant even win one thing! United, on the other hand, are on course to win 3 trophies this season!!!

When the Season ends, United will have had a better season than Spurs. FACT!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
mcal wrote:
I think Bully is looking too much to this season.Jose unless he is finish,will buy and likely make knock out stage in cL hope they don't make it come on ajax

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I read Bully's post and laughed.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good grief that was hard to watch. In the the first 15-20 minutes, both teams were good. Man Utd scored and as usual tried to win 1-0 instead of going for the kill. The next 70 minutes of the game were utterly turgid and could have cured insomnia until that manic last 10 minutes. As usual Man Utd conceded a late goal and would have been punished by a better side than Celta (and a more clinical striker than Giudetti). A basic cold eyed finisher like Chicharito or Huntelaar playing for Celta, would have buried that chance that Giudetti missed with the last kick of the game.

Celta played twice as many passes as Man Utd, completed 304 passes more than Man Utd, and had nearly 70% possession...in a European semi-final at Old Trafford. That was utterly dire.

Bailly - what were you thinking? At this level, raising your hands to an opponent = red card. That said, Roncaglia is a very brave (or stupid!) man for throwing a punch at Bailly. Bailly looks like he could (and would) have ripped Roncaglia's head from his body had Fellaini not restrained him (6ft 4 in Fellaini being the only one of the 75,000 people inside Old Trafford last night that was big enough to restrain Bailly).

JM was bricking it at the end. Did anyone else notice that in the 93rd minute when Celta were pressing for the winner, JM looked at his watch, kissed it, and looked at the sky - almost as if he was praying.

The much maligned Rooney did very well and took pressure off his team when he came on. He may have lost pace, fire, and power, but he still has something that cannot be taught: EXPERIENCE. I was very impressed how he took the sting out of the game by repeatedly taking the ball into the corner of the pitch. He ran the clock down at the end by winning clever throw ins near the corner flags where Celta could not hurt Man Utd (Ahmed Musa and Depay - take note). Well done Wazza. :clap:
Last edited by wiseone on Fri May 12, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.