TORUNARIGHA DON HANG

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yiba
Egg
Egg
Re: TORUNARIGHA DON HANG

Post by Yiba »

Sheikh wrote:
The link below is even more emphatic that he does not wish to play for Nigeria:

http://www.90min.de/de/posts/4940069-he ... ia-spielen

We need players like him, but it is even more important that the players strongly want to represent the country. The desire should be key.
Your link is the same as the original article from Tagespiegel, and it is the same thing. I wish him goodluck!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kai, we have been rejected. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ojokojo's comments are disappointing and it shows a lack of tact. His mindset is worrying as I do not understand why a Nigerian would run down his Fatherland in a foreign media? Wisdom would have been to tell the German media that Jordan is keeping his options open as that would alert the German FA that he is considering playing for Nigeria and probably fast-track him into the German national team set-up. His father's comments would now make them relax if they were thinking of fast-tracking him.
Jordan has not achieved anything in football yet for his father to display such crass arrogance. We have been down this road beforef, remember when Nedum Onuoha (Man City and England U21 Capt) and his Mum were messing Siasia about and Dominic Iorfa saying his son will play for England as he was already an U21 international. Today are they not lobbying for inclusion in the SE?
Patrick Owomoyela who was fast tracked into the German national team after taking a picture in the SE jersey, today regrets choosing Germany over Nigeria. Did Sidney Sam not use Nigeria's interest to get into the German national team? again, he is another one who regrets his choice.
My advice to Ojokojo is to be careful with his choice of words as it may come back to bite him. :boo:
I am happy
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Dammy wrote:Ojokojo's comments are disappointing and it shows a lack of tact. His mindset is worrying as I do not understand why a Nigerian would run down his Fatherland in a foreign media? Wisdom would have been to tell the German media that Jordan is keeping his options open as that would alert the German FA that he is considering playing for Nigeria and probably fast-track him into the German national team set-up. His father's comments would now make them relax if they were thinking of fast-tracking him.
Jordan has not achieved anything in football yet for his father to display such crass arrogance. We have been down this road beforef, remember when Nedum Onuoha (Man City and England U21 Capt) and his Mum were messing Siasia about and Dominic Iorfa saying his son will play for England as he was already an U21 international. Today are they not lobbying for inclusion in the SE?
Patrick Owomoyela who was fast tracked into the German national team after taking a picture in the SE jersey, today regrets choosing Germany over Nigeria. Did Sidney Sam not use Nigeria's interest to get into the German national team? again, he is another one who regrets his choice.
My advice to Ojokojo is to be careful with his choice of words as it may come back to bite him. :boo:
Really? If I had a choice I am not so sure I would want my kid to play for Nigeria at the moment.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cristao II wrote:
Dammy wrote:Ojokojo's comments are disappointing and it shows a lack of tact. His mindset is worrying as I do not understand why a Nigerian would run down his Fatherland in a foreign media? Wisdom would have been to tell the German media that Jordan is keeping his options open as that would alert the German FA that he is considering playing for Nigeria and probably fast-track him into the German national team set-up. His father's comments would now make them relax if they were thinking of fast-tracking him.
Really? If I had a choice I am not so sure I would want my kid to play for Nigeria at the moment.
Good, but would you grant an interview to a foreign newspaper to express your opinion.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Former Nigeria youth international Macauley Chrisantus says Hertha Berlin rising star Jordan Torunarigha will regret turning down Nigeria in favour of Germany.

Born to a Nigerian father Ojokojo Torunarigha ‎, the 19 year old has emerged as one of the break away teen in the German Bundesliga this season, and it has lead to a tug of war for his international future between Nigeria and Germany.

Torunarigha snubbed the chance to team up with the senior national team of Nigeria, preferring to continue his progress through the youth ranks of Germany, where he is a youth international.

” During my days at Hamburg, I had similar experience with a German-Nigerian player, I won’t mention his names. Few years ago we met and he told me, he regret not listening to me”, the Reus of Spain forward told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I played in Germany for five years, so I can’t help but wonder the type of pressure Torunarigha is under, but still the opportunity to play for Nigeria is a no brainer, which many will take especially as Nigeria might be at the World Cup 2018 in Russia”.

Osas Mahawi
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/17/yo ... runarigha/
I am happy
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The dude sees himself as part of the German youth set up, which is fine considering he was born and grew up in Germany. The NFF should leave him for now and watch patiently from the sidelines. Success breeds success.

Rohr is carefully assembling a crop of exceptionally talented young players that will become the mainstay of the SE in the years to come. The exploits of the team in the future will become a major draw for other youngsters. The only question will be, how relevant will he at the time.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Dammy your point is thoroughly well taken and I share your sentiments. But one has to respect these folks decision to not be part of the SE set up. Look at what happened to David Alaba! I am still so heart broken as to how we let arguably one of the top 3 leftbacks in the world slip out our hands. If he was palying for the SE now, who would give a crap about Ojokojo?
It is well! Another fine player will rise
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Christantus was referring to Dennis Aogo. The late Ugo Ehiogu also regretted choosing England ahead of Nigeria. Like Mr Shows said, Rohr is assembling a team of exceptionally talented young footballers that would blow the world apart. This is an opportunity for Torunarigha to join up and be part of what will be the strongest team to ever come out of Africa. I believe 2018 is too soon for Rohr's team due to a lack of experience but 2022, the world will hear about this team!!
I am happy
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Dammy wrote:Christantus was referring to Dennis Aogo. The late Ugo Ehiogu also regretted choosing England ahead of Nigeria. Like Mr Shows said, Rohr is assembling a team of exceptionally talented young footballers that would blow the world apart. This is an opportunity for Torunarigha to join up and be part of what will be the strongest team to ever come out of Africa. I believe 2018 is too soon for Rohr's team due to a lack of experience but 2022, the world will hear about this team!!
Dammy my exact sentiments too... but I think Rohr is going about his team building in a clever way. He is building two teams simultaneously. This is the reason why the likes of Osimhen are ever present in his plans, same with the youngsters who got invited for the London jolly. Tammy Abraham is another piece in the jig saw. Whatever high the current squad attain, the crop coming behind will be more devastating :thumb:
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Anyone watched him today vs. Mexico U20? He is still a work in progress as I was not impressed.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gadfly wrote:Anyone watched him today vs. Mexico U20? He is still a work in progress as I was not impressed.
I agree with you, he was horrendous in Berlin's last home game where they lost 6-2 to Leverkeusen. Most of our young players are work in progress and the idea was that he join the group and they develop together to form a formidable team in the future.
I am happy