Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:00 pm
Posts: 300
Image

Nigerian Football Legend Jay Jay Okocha was among a select few Footballing greats who were chosen to unveil the FIFA Confederations Cup Park in Kazan

Jay Jay Okocha, a member of the victorious 1994 African Cup of Nations squad and champion of the 1996 Olympics arrived in Kazan to snip the ribbon at the opening ceremony in the company of Brazillian football great and 2002 World Cup champion Ronaldinho . . . .http://www.soccerassembly.com/jay-jay-o ... -cup-park/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 22030
Location: london
legend, worshipped outside the shores of Nigeria, they don't do No10 like him anymore, back in the days, No10 was supposed to have all the skills on both feet, dying breed NO10, fitting that Ronaldinho and Okocha are part of this launch

_________________
Nigerian Eagles were losing 3 nil, Best Ogedengbe just let in another goal, The NigerIan man slapped his wife and wanted to beat his kid out of frustration, NEPA struck, Irate crowd gathered and beat them to pulp, NEPA restored light with extra current, Alhaji 12 inch TV went so bright, he went blind temporarily, all this happened in 90 minutes
Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37114

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29007
Jay Jay the living legend, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sad Abacha did not force him to sleep with 100 girls to spread some JR that will be good for the nation.
Players like Messi,Ronaldinho need to pregnant girls all over the place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 37114
kajifu wrote:
Jay Jay the living legend, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sad Abacha did not force him to sleep with 100 girls to spread some JR that will be good for the nation.
Players like Messi,Ronaldinho need to pregnant girls all over the place.



You think that's how it works huh?

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 24805
Location: Southern Hemisphere
platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Jay Jay the living legend, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Sad Abacha did not force him to sleep with 100 girls to spread some JR that will be good for the nation.
Players like Messi,Ronaldinho need to pregnant girls all over the place.



You think that's how it works huh?


Well probably not in the case of JJ, but some athletes success is largely a result of their genetics, if someone like Lebron for example was able to have 100 kids and 2 of them had 80% of his genetic predisposition, they would have all the raw ingredients needed to be half decent. Of course they would need to work hard and everything.

In the case of Okocha, I can't see any genetic advantage, it's mostly hard work, although genetic traits are not just of the physical kind. It is still possible that some of his other traits could be passed on!

It's way too complicated to make such a simplistic argument, there isn't enough consensus on nature vs nurture. Of course I haven't even mentioned the role of the female chromosomes and recessive genes etc.

but it is fair to say that to SOME extent (some ability can pass on from father to son). And if JJ was there to 'nurture' the kids as well, then that increases the odds.

_________________
www.blackborderbuild.com

I am Sir Prince. Chief, Tbite, The ungovernable enigma, the Elenu Gbon-Gbon #1, the Oluriburuku Ara Ita of Ojukokoro Land - please refer to me with all my full titulus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38448
JJ has 2 sons here in Houston ... that's if you believe the woman. :D

It they become footballers though, there may be battle among 3 nations over them. They have been raised by a man from rival country since they were little and they may qualify to play for the US as well. Time will tell. :D

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38448
It saddens me that JJ has be reduced to half time act and entertainer by Fifa. Zindane, Figo, Rivaldo were Okocha's peers. They can all do acrobatics and tricks as well, yet when Fifa invites them to an event they are treated as dignitaries while they send JJ to entertain the with acrobatics like he is doing above. I protest!

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:56 am
Posts: 8830
Location: southeast, DC
1naija wrote:
JJ has 2 sons here in Houston ... that's if you believe the woman. :D

It they become footballers though, there may be battle among 3 nations over them. They have been raised by a man from rival country since they were little and they may qualify to play for the US as well. Time will tell. :D

chei :woot:

_________________
Image
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:42 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
Ronaldinho seems to be following JJ around these days...

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
platinum wrote:

END OF DISCUSSION! Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has now officially declared OGA JJ Okocha a legend of football.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38448
felarey wrote:
platinum wrote:

END OF DISCUSSION! Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has now officially declared OGA JJ Okocha a legend of football.


What are Zidane, Figo and Rivaldo? Just curious.

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 31461
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
1naija wrote:
felarey wrote:
platinum wrote:

END OF DISCUSSION! Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has now officially declared OGA JJ Okocha a legend of football.


What are Zidane, Figo and Rivaldo? Just curious.

Zidane was busy coaching Real Madrid to a victory. I guess with Ronaldinho, they can't use another Brazilian. Figo, not sure what's up with him.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 29007
felarey wrote:
Ronaldinho seems to be following JJ around these days...

Correct guy,he knows how to hang around his senior :thumb: :thumb:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 18915
Location: Canada
1naija wrote:
felarey wrote:
platinum wrote:

END OF DISCUSSION! Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) has now officially declared OGA JJ Okocha a legend of football.


What are Zidane, Figo and Rivaldo? Just curious.

I believe Zidane is a legend. Figo and Rivaldo may be legends too, but I don't think I've seen any of them declared by FIFA as legends in official capacity.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:19 am
Posts: 23606
When is Yobo going to be recognized by Rivers state football association much less of FIFA?

_________________
All summer '17...playing dirty not clean!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 30785
Location: Somewhere
Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 33 yrs no good o

Image <--- Santini/Jol/Ramos/'Arry/AVB/Sherwood/Poch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:42 pm
Posts: 4064
1naija wrote:
It saddens me that JJ has be reduced to half time act and entertainer by Fifa. Zindane, Figo, Rivaldo were Okocha's peers. They can all do acrobatics and tricks as well, yet when Fifa invites them to an event they are treated as dignitaries while they send JJ to entertain the with acrobatics like he is doing above. I protest!



Oh boy :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:55 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Posts: 5426
Location: Exile
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.


Sunday Mba's two major accomplishments for Nigeria are winning a Nations Cup (which Jay Jay did in 1994), and scoring in a Nations Cup final (which Jay Jay did in 2000). Unless .... did you accidentally write "JJ" where you meant to write "Kanu"? Sure, Kanu is one of the most talented players to ever wear an Eagles jersey, and is a wonderful human being in general .... but you did mean to write "Kanu" there, right?
:???:

_________________
Image
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:16 am
Posts: 3738
Location: usa
JJ okocha, nigerias football prince!! most recognised player

_________________
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Posts: 9222
Location: Umuda-Isingwu
The Eagle wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.


Sunday Mba's two major accomplishments for Nigeria are winning a Nations Cup (which Jay Jay did in 1994), and scoring in a Nations Cup final (which Jay Jay did in 2000). Unless .... did you accidentally write "JJ" where you meant to write "Kanu"? Sure, Kanu is one of the most talented players to ever wear an Eagles jersey, and is a wonderful human being in general .... but you did mean to write "Kanu" there, right?
:???:


Kpom, the dude speaks through his anus at times.

_________________
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 30785
Location: Somewhere
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.


Sunday Mba's two major accomplishments for Nigeria are winning a Nations Cup (which Jay Jay did in 1994), and scoring in a Nations Cup final (which Jay Jay did in 2000). Unless .... did you accidentally write "JJ" where you meant to write "Kanu"? Sure, Kanu is one of the most talented players to ever wear an Eagles jersey, and is a wonderful human being in general .... but you did mean to write "Kanu" there, right?
:???:


Kpom, the dude speaks through his anus at times.



did you have to describe your skills in public? :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 33 yrs no good o

Image <--- Santini/Jol/Ramos/'Arry/AVB/Sherwood/Poch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 30785
Location: Somewhere
The Eagle wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Sunday Mba, a Nigerian Legend, did what JJ could not do.


Sunday Mba's two major accomplishments for Nigeria are winning a Nations Cup (which Jay Jay did in 1994), and scoring in a Nations Cup final (which Jay Jay did in 2000). Unless .... did you accidentally write "JJ" where you meant to write "Kanu"? Sure, Kanu is one of the most talented players to ever wear an Eagles jersey, and is a wonderful human being in general .... but you did mean to write "Kanu" there, right?
:???:

Mba LED us to a trophy. JJ did not. He was a role player in 1994 :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Stars were Yekini, Amo, Amunike, Oliseh, Mutiu.

We did not win in 2002 with JJ as leader and senior player.

Up Sunday Mba! Up Naija! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PS: feel free to open a thread about the GREAT LEGENDARY KING Kanu, make we attempt to discuss a Legend so great....

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 33 yrs no good o

Image <--- Santini/Jol/Ramos/'Arry/AVB/Sherwood/Poch


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], marutimon and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group