Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
Quote:
Unfortunately, most Nigerian fans are focused on the two World Cup qualifying matches against Cameroon that come up in August and September. Though coach Rohr has repeatedly stressed a focus on the AFCON game against South Africa game, focus itself has become significant challenge.


Quote:
The invitations exclude some players likely to play important roles in the South African game. The question is why were they excluded when they time to mesh with new players coming into the team. One can understand the absence of Mikel Obi on account of injury but what really is the point of excluding Ogenyi Onazi and Victor Moses? To claim that both players need rest from a long season ignores the fact that several players, invited for the France game, also had long seasons. This decision to rest some players raises the question whether a class privilege is being created within the team.



Find details by clicking below:
http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2017/05/south-africa-danger-of-focus.html

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 24693
Location: Southern Hemisphere
The SA game is as important as the WC Qualifiers.

If we miss 3 AFCONs in a row, it might do long term damage on our football.

_________________
www.blackborderbuild.com

I am Sir Prince. Chief, Tbite, The ungovernable enigma, the Elenu Gbon-Gbon #1, the Oluriburuku Ara Ita of Ojukokoro Land - please refer to me with all my full titulus.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Posts: 3362
Location: City of hustlers ,land of the brave.
Enugu II wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, most Nigerian fans are focused on the two World Cup qualifying matches against Cameroon that come up in August and September. Though coach Rohr has repeatedly stressed a focus on the AFCON game against South Africa game, focus itself has become significant challenge.


Quote:
The invitations exclude some players likely to play important roles in the South African game. The question is why were they excluded when they time to mesh with new players coming into the team. One can understand the absence of Mikel Obi on account of injury but what really is the point of excluding Ogenyi Onazi and Victor Moses? To claim that both players need rest from a long season ignores the fact that several players, invited for the France game, also had long seasons. This decision to rest some players raises the question whether a class privilege is being created within the team.



Find details by clicking below:
http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2017/05/south-africa-danger-of-focus.html


I thought the excuse was they would be involved in run in for the end of season and FA cup for Victor Moses and Aina.

_________________
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2728
The camp doesn't fall within a FIFA window, Victor Moses, Aina & Iwobi will be involved in the English FA cup finals and therefore will not be released by their clubs.
It may appear the fans are not taking the SA match seriously but I am sure the coaching crew are. 9ja people and rabble rousing!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
Flex Swift wrote:
The camp doesn't fall within a FIFA window, Victor Moses, Aina & Iwobi will be involved in the English FA cup finals and therefore will not be released by their clubs.
It may appear the fans are not taking the SA match seriously but I am sure the coaching crew are. 9ja people and rabble rousing!!!!


Both Aina and Iwobi are invited to the camp in France and both are expected in camp after the FA Cup final. Moses was not invited to the camp in France and will not join the squad until a few days before the South African game. That is the difference. Thus, the FA Cup cannot be the real reason why Moses was left out. In fact, Rohr has been cited as stating that he left out Moses to give him a rest. Why was Onazi left out? Is he also involved in the FA Cup finals?

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 239
Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
The camp doesn't fall within a FIFA window, Victor Moses, Aina & Iwobi will be involved in the English FA cup finals and therefore will not be released by their clubs.
It may appear the fans are not taking the SA match seriously but I am sure the coaching crew are. 9ja people and rabble rousing!!!!


Both Aina and Iwobi are invited to the camp in France and both are expected in camp after the FA Cup final. Moses was not invited to the camp in France and will not join the squad until a few days before the South African game. That is the difference. Thus, the FA Cup cannot be the real reason why Moses was left out. In fact, Rohr has been cited as stating that he left out Moses to give him a rest. Why was Onazi left out? Is he also involved in the FA Cup finals?



That's because Iwobi and Aina aren't first team players for Chelsea or Arsenal. Moses is the FIRST CHOICE right wing back for Chelsea so that is the difference and it's no reason to generate a huge article over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 38205
But the coach already made it clear in an interview that was posted here sometimes ago what the priority is? Why are we worried about what fans are supposedly thinking when they are not the ones playing the games?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
TheHitman47 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
The camp doesn't fall within a FIFA window, Victor Moses, Aina & Iwobi will be involved in the English FA cup finals and therefore will not be released by their clubs.
It may appear the fans are not taking the SA match seriously but I am sure the coaching crew are. 9ja people and rabble rousing!!!!


Both Aina and Iwobi are invited to the camp in France and both are expected in camp after the FA Cup final. Moses was not invited to the camp in France and will not join the squad until a few days before the South African game. That is the difference. Thus, the FA Cup cannot be the real reason why Moses was left out. In fact, Rohr has been cited as stating that he left out Moses to give him a rest. Why was Onazi left out? Is he also involved in the FA Cup finals?



That's because Iwobi and Aina aren't first team players for Chelsea or Arsenal. Moses is the FIRST CHOICE right wing back for Chelsea so that is the difference and it's no reason to generate a huge article over it.


So how about Onazi? How do you explain that? It is a point worth making and not wait till after a poor result to point fingers. We should not simply swallow the line of the coach without critically thinking through it.

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 2728
Nigeria has only one friendly match and only 11 players can start with maybe 6 subs. There a number of players listed that need to accessed.We know what Onazi and Moses can do they are proven internationals they have had a gruelling season. Again being that at this moment Moses is our best player I don't want him risked in a meaninglessness friendly match were there is possibility of injury. We need him fit against both South Africa and Cameroon we already have lost Ikeme and Vincent to injury.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
Flex Swift wrote:
Nigeria has only one friendly match and only 11 players can start with maybe 6 subs. There a number of players listed that need to accessed.We know what Onazi and Moses can do they are proven internationals they have had a gruelling season. Again being that at this moment Moses is our best player I don't want him risked in a meaninglessness friendly match were there is possibility of injury. We need him fit against both South Africa and Cameroon we already have lost Ikeme and Vincent to injury.


Flex Swift,

But it isn't about a friendly international. It is about working with others who will be playing in the South Africa game. Note that usually, national teams have a few practices to prepare for a competitive game except prior to tournaments. It is only in the summer break that NTs get more time to train together and build the chemistry that they often lack when compared to clubs. That is the issue here.

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 239
So what you are saying is a player that is a starting XI player in their club and a very important one at that should tell his coach "go #$% yourself" and play for the national team outside of a FIFA international window? OK.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
TheHitman47 wrote:
So what you are saying is a player that is a starting XI player in their club and a very important one at that should tell his coach "go #$% yourself" and play for the national team outside of a FIFA international window? OK.....


That may be your opinion, it isn't mine.

Read my post and you will understand that no one expects him to be there for Corsica but the camp does not end after the Corsica game. BTW, are you ignoring the FACT that both Aina and Iwobi will also be at the FA Cup final with Moses? Yet, those two have been invited to join the camp right after but not Moses. How does your point about FIFA window do in such a situation? Or are you stating that FIFA international window affects only Victor Moses but not Iwobi and Aina? That is the point you need to address.

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 239
I have already differentiated Aina and Iwobi are not vital players to their clubs, due to being young developmental players. Their clubs can handle business without them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
TheHitman47 wrote:
I have already differentiated Aina and Iwobi are not vital players to their clubs, due to being young developmental players. Their clubs can handle business without them.


That is not a reason for exempting a player from the FIFA statutes on non-international match free day, bros. That is why Iwobi, Aina, & Moses cannot be in camp until after the FA Cup final! However, why do the other two have to show up immediately after but not Moses? Additionally, have you addressed Onazi? Or should that be ignored?

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Last edited by Enugu II on Mon May 15, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 239
I think you need to understand that the invitations are at the discretion of the coach. If he wants to exclude them, let him exclude them. The other point is that do you want your best players to be overloaded with football? The better players will catch on to the drills quicker than the fringe players and games like the Corsica friendly are really for them to stake a claim.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
TheHitman47 wrote:
I think you need to understand that the invitations are at the discretion of the coach. If he wants to exclude them, let him exclude them. The other point is that do you want your best players to be overloaded with football? The better players will catch on to the drills quicker than the fringe players and games like the Corsica friendly are really for them to stake a claim.


Now, lets debate after the irrelevant issue of FIFA international match day.

I agree with you that it is the coach's discretion. However, others may question the use of that discretion in terms of how it may or may not help the team. Please forget the Corsica game, that is irrelevant to the issue. Both Aina and Iwobi will miss the Corsica game as well. The issue is about training together. How do you balance being overloaded with football v the need for the NT to have players train together for a substantive amount of time given that NTs rarely have that amount of time in their hands?

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Posts: 239
usually the FIFA windows allow for at least two matches, and camps to be conducted. Some of our players have shorter seasons than others. I think the USMNT model for friendlies and camps are pretty good. Home based players and players with more obscure seasons (winter breaks, early season ends etc.) come in during on special camps to compete for starting/squad roles. Many of our European pros come in during the FIFA windows and play the camps. During the time of FIFA windows try to get a minimum of two official friendlies. If not, try to compensate with multiple practice matches against low league teams wherever the location are. It keeps our players fresh and gives them an understanding of that cohesion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 14345
Location: SUPER EAGLES LAND
TheHitman47 wrote:
usually the FIFA windows allow for at least two matches, and camps to be conducted. Some of our players have shorter seasons than others. I think the USMNT model for friendlies and camps are pretty good. Home based players and players with more obscure seasons (winter breaks, early season ends etc.) come in during on special camps to compete for starting/squad roles. Many of our European pros come in during the FIFA windows and play the camps. During the time of FIFA windows try to get a minimum of two official friendlies. If not, try to compensate with multiple practice matches against low league teams wherever the location are. It keeps our players fresh and gives them an understanding of that cohesion.


I agree when it pertains to the regular season. The difference in this case is that this is at the end of the season and the NTs have more time than the 4-6 days you get with the usual FIFA windows. In the past, Nigeria has been able to get its top players in longer camp during this period and I believe this opportunity is what should be taken advantage of since it is not there during the regular UEFA seasons. I believe the coach would have many things that he wants to work on during this period. What I wonder is whether this break granted to Moses and Onazi is upon their request or it was Rohr's plan all along. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference but it may give us an idea about the coach's personality, among others.

_________________
Image

I’m always criticized. Even if I win or draw, they will always criticize me. We don’t have the patience in my country. In every outing, they want to win at all cost. It does not make any difference when am criticized. -- Stephen Keshi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:20 am
Posts: 596
Location: sydney
Enugu II wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:
usually the FIFA windows allow for at least two matches, and camps to be conducted. Some of our players have shorter seasons than others. I think the USMNT model for friendlies and camps are pretty good. Home based players and players with more obscure seasons (winter breaks, early season ends etc.) come in during on special camps to compete for starting/squad roles. Many of our European pros come in during the FIFA windows and play the camps. During the time of FIFA windows try to get a minimum of two official friendlies. If not, try to compensate with multiple practice matches against low league teams wherever the location are. It keeps our players fresh and gives them an understanding of that cohesion.


I agree when it pertains to the regular season. The difference in this case is that this is at the end of the season and the NTs have more time than the 4-6 days you get with the usual FIFA windows. In the past, Nigeria has been able to get its top players in longer camp during this period and I believe this opportunity is what should be taken advantage of since it is not there during the regular UEFA seasons. I believe the coach would have many things that he wants to work on during this period. What I wonder is whether this break granted to Moses and Onazi is upon their request or it was Rohr's plan all along. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference but it may give us an idea about the coach's personality, among others.


Considering that both Moses and Onazi played week in, week out for the best part of the season, I presume the reason they wont be in camp till just before the ANC qualifier is that they will both need some rest. Moses just had one the best seasons in his career winning the EPL at the end, I think a bit of time to refresh and collect his thoughts might be needed, as for Onazi he has played every game he was eligible for and I think the same applies to him. The both of them are a known quantity to the coach therefore inviting them to a camp where other players are vying for shirt seems overhanded, their spots are better used on players that need to be reviewed, even then we are still lamenting one or two players who missed out altogether.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am
Posts: 79
Location: Obodo Oyibo
IF I were to be the coach, I also will allow moses to rest. As for Onazi, he probably took an excuse from the coach before the list was drafted. Cos having a grueling season can't be the excuse, Ndidi also had a grueling season. It could also be that the coach wants to access other players closely and Onazi's presence will initiate a crack in the camp if he wasn't played. John Ogu and Ndidi partnered well in the senegal friendly and truth be told, Ogu did very well when he was brought in. The coach will probably want to see them together once more.

_________________
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3159
Enugu 11, I fully understand your concern with this coach . I have serious doubts about his capabilities of making wise and circumspect decisions . Now most of Nigerians are under the euphoria he has not lost any match since his inception as the the national team coach. But I have strong doubt him . There is no most question about it his winnings are by serendipity not because of his ingenuity or diligence . Honestly with such poor decisions I have very strong doubts if the guy will be able to take us to the promise land. I keep saying it is better to look for black goat in a broad daylight than during the darkness of midnight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3159
Enugu 11, I fully understand your concern with this coach . I have serious doubts about his capabilities of making wise and circumspect decisions . Now most of Nigerians are under the euphoria he has lost any match since his inception as the the national team coach. But I have strong doubt him . There is no most question about it his winnings are by serendipity not because of his ingenuity or diligence . Honestly with such poor decisions I have very strong doubts if the guy will be able to take us to the promise land. I keep saying it is better to look for black goat in a broad daylight than during the darkness of midnight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7001
EII,

As we now know, Victor Moses got married today and Onazi is playing for Trabzonspor on June 4th. I hope this satisfies your curiosity as to why they were given time off from national team duty and will only report for the South Africa game.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], camex, olutayo, sabb and 76 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group