Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:45 pm 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39921852

S Africa have engaged familiar English coach to guide its future, and he is warning
Nigeria to beware the new Bafana-Bafana.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:24 pm 

I guess the ceiling is to be competitive with Nigeria

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm 

jette1 wrote:

Not quite, as S Affrica has improved in the last couple of years and given the SE some headache.
Only the uninformed will dismiss Bafana Bafana, as there is parity among teams especially on the
African continent. And that is the where true meaning of the word 'COMPETITIVE' gets relevant.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:58 pm 

joao wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Not quite, as S Affrica has improved in the last couple of years and given the SE some headache.
Only the uninformed will dismiss Bafana Bafana, as there is parity among teams especially on the
African continent. And that is the where true meaning of the word 'COMPETITIVE' gets relevant.

My fren gerrara hia.

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:03 pm 

Quote:
"I hope we will be very competitive with Nigeria. We will give them a game," Baxter told a press conference after his unveiling in Johannesburg on Monday

Sounds pretty reasonable.

South Africa has been competitive against Nigeria lately.
But then again, it has largely happened at a period Nigeria was dire (even losing to Sudan)

Going by the law of averages, SAfrica shall probably beat Nigeria at some point...
Still, you have to wonder: if SAfrica couldn't beat Nigeria during Nigeria's under-par period, what are the odds anytime soon..?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 pm 

1naija wrote:
joao wrote:
jette1 wrote:

My fren gerrara hia.

Dem don warn us.
If them out muscle our 'ajebota' sideways passers na you o!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:53 pm 

The Bafana Bafana are probably facing the SE at the worst possible time. Rohr is systematically putting a formidable team together, with too many players having a lot to prove, jockeying for positions... I am sensing the thorough smack down in this encounter.. I will be surprised if they leave Uyo with anything less that 4-1.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:21 pm 

Mr Shows wrote:
The Bafana Bafana are probably facing the SE at the worst possible time. Rohr is systematically putting a formidable team together, with too many players having a lot to prove, jockeying for positions... I am sensing the thorough smack down in this encounter..
I will be surprised if they leave Uyo with anything less that 4-1.

I'm sure you will be surprised.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:31 pm 

joao wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
The Bafana Bafana are probably facing the SE at the worst possible time. Rohr is systematically putting a formidable team together, with too many players having a lot to prove, jockeying for positions... I am sensing the thorough smack down in this encounter..

:lol:

Bi ako ba reni fehinti
Bi ole la a ri
Bi a ko ba reni gbekele
A tera mose eni
Iya re le lowo lowo...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:46 pm 

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Quote:
"I hope we will be very competitive with Nigeria. We will give them a game," Baxter told a press conference after his unveiling in Johannesburg on Monday

Sounds pretty reasonable.

South Africa has been competitive against Nigeria lately.
But then again, it has largely happened at a period Nigeria was dire (even losing to Sudan)

Going by the law of averages, SAfrica shall probably beat Nigeria at some point...
Still, you have to wonder: if SAfrica couldn't beat Nigeria during Nigeria's under-par period, what are the odds anytime soon..?

any body can beat anybody someday; we beat Argentina after all, france, brazil, spain,. South Africa could beat us but does that mean they would ever become Nigeria - I don't think so

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:57 am 

joao wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Just make sure your homies behave themselves after we have served you your regular beat down... You seriously think you are going to beat us in our backyard.. :dream: :tic: You face an uphill mental and physical battle... We shall be waiting.