15yr Old 9ja "Child" Striker debuts at CHAN...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
15yr Old 9ja "Child" Striker debuts at CHAN...

Post by Kabalega »

Forget the elephant in the room for now. :D
Is Muhammed Nur, that good?

Muhammed Nur: The 15 year old at CHAN 2018

6 HOURS AGO
BY DAVID ISABIRYE

Muhammed Nur
Born 2nd December 2002, Muhammed Nur is the youngest footballer at the 2018 Championship of African Nations (CHAN) tourney, an event exclusively reserved for the locally based players in the respective African leagues.

Donned in shirt 20, Nur made history when he came on a substitute in the Group C clash against Rwanda, and played for seven minutes.

The left footed striker also featured for the last quarter an hour when he replaced Emeka Ogbugh in Nigeria’s 2-1 win against Equatorial Guinea.

Nigeria head coach at CHAN 2018 Yusuf Salisu rates the youngster highly;

He is a very intelligent player, talented and has potential, which is why I made the decision to pick him for the CHAN.

It will allow him to gain experience.

For me, this player is the future of Nigeria. He will be a star in a few years. Being 15 years did not stop me from selecting him backed by his talent and technique.

He is above the lot. He’s a player who can do a lot with the ball

The youngster narrates his footballing journey;

I started out on the street, like all players in Nigeria, before being spotted by coaches.

Then I joined the club, El Kanemi Warriors. I started my career just a year ago. I was with the U-17 before the national coach Salisu Yusuf invited me to the squad for the CHAN 2018.

Honestly, I did not expect that. I started my career a year ago and I am already playing a major tournament like CHAN. It’s a real fairy tale.

In addition, I made an appearance against Rwanda in the first match. While playing in my neighbourhood, I didn’t expect that one day, I would become an international and don the colours of Nigeria.

As a muslim, I can only thank almighty God

Role Models:

Nur was inspired by two Nigerians John Obi Mikel and Ali Rabiu as well as Germany international Mesut Ozil;

On a global level, I really like Mesut Ozil, but in Nigeria, I have my idol, which is John Obi Mikel. I wish to have a career like him because he is a great player.

I mentioned Obi Mikel because I do not remember the magic moments of Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha. I also like our number 10, Rabiu Ali, who is nicknamed Pelé. He is a great player.

It’s alright. I’m living right now in Nigeria with the money my club gives me, not in great conditions but it can get better.

Like all ambitious players, I hope to sign a professional contract abroad. It will allow me to make a good living, also progress in the sport.

Rabiu, 37, is also a teammate to Nur at the on-going CHAN 2018 tournament in Morocco. He lauds the 15 year old as a good listener;

What I like about him (Nur) is that he listens to advice. He is ambitious and listens to everything.

Technically and physically, he’s an extraordinary player.

For this tournament, he is learning but for the next tournaments, expect to discover a great player

Obviously Nur has dreams for the future, a better tomorrow, but does not fail to appreciate the opportunity offered by his current club, El Kanemi Warriors.

Like many budding young players with humble beginnings, the future lies in hard work, sheer luck and perfect guidance.

Profile:

Name: Mohammed Nur
Club: El Kanemi Warriors
Position: Striker
Role Model: Mesut Ozil
Hobby: playing and watching football

https://www.kawowo.com/2018/01/25/muham ... chan-2018/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: 15yr Old 9ja "Child" Striker debuts at CHAN...

Post by Polly »

Naturally, as a Nigerian one hopes he is that good, and more. But do you come here to question his potential, or his age? Because it is unfair to him that you would come here to challenge his age while pretending to be interested in his skill level.

The elephant in the room is not his age. It is your ulterior motives. Not to mention jealousy.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

The choice of 15years is unique, just to be eligible for the next U17-WC2019... Lets see if he passes the MRI then..
afc##
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

We are having parties for teenagers in church, we wont send him an invite o :D :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

CHAN is not age related yet we still doubting the boys age. It's not like he's after a contract at 15
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Is this article real? I thought we won Equatorial Guinea by three goals to one (3-1)?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I'm sure he wouldn't care to attend either, considering that he is a devoted Muslim.
Prince wrote:We are having parties for teenagers in church, we wont send him an invite o :D :D
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I believe he is the kid that was orphaned by Boko Haram (read an article about it the other day).
The MRI, even though not 100% accurate, would determine his eligibility for U17, However, I suspect he will be snapped up by a club in Europe shortly.
chuks69 wrote:The choice of 15years is unique, just to be eligible for the next U17-WC2019... Lets see if he passes the MRI then..
Last edited by Otitokoro on Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Does he play for 3SC?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

1naija wrote:Does he play for 3SC?
He plays for Sharks of Port Harcourt.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Odas wrote:Is this article real? I thought we won Equatorial Guinea by three goals to one (3-1)?
No. We beat them. We defeated them. By 3-1.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Otitokoro wrote:I'm sure he wouldn't care to attend either, considering that he is a devoted Muslim.
Prince wrote:We are having parties for teenagers in church, we wont send him an invite o :D :D
It is for everybody,
Oya back to the matter
open and close
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YemiBrazil wrote:
1naija wrote:Does he play for 3SC?
He plays for Sharks of Port Harcourt.
Then he is indeed 15.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chuks69 wrote:The choice of 15years is unique, just to be eligible for the next U17-WC2019... Lets see if he passes the MRI then..
Bros, thankfully not everyone's mind works as crookedly as yours... :D

There's already Nura stories on CE (see linked thread below)...
He's been excluded from the youth NTs because he is good enough for senior football.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=285318&p=5152502
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Polly wrote:Naturally, as a Nigerian one hopes he is that good, and more. But do you come here to question his potential, or his age? Because it is unfair to him that you would come here to challenge his age while pretending to be interested in his skill level.

The elephant in the room is not his age. It is your ulterior motives. Not to mention jealousy.
Now that is unfair to me and the young lad!

We didn't create nor support 9ja's age cheating structures.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Kabalega wrote:Forget the elephant in the room for now. :D

6 HOURS AGO
BY DAVID ISABIRYE

Muhammed Nur
Born 2nd December 2002, Muhammed Nur is the youngest footballer at the 2018 Championship of African Nations (CHAN) tourney, an event exclusively reserved for the locally based players in the respective African leagues.

Donned in shirt 20, Nur made history when he came on a substitute in the Group C clash against Rwanda, and played for seven minutes.

The left footed striker also featured for the last quarter an hour when he replaced Emeka Ogbugh in Nigeria’s 2-1 win against Equatorial Guinea.

He is a very intelligent player, talented and has potential, which is why I made the decision to pick him for the CHAN.

For me, this player is the future of Nigeria. He will be a star in a few years. Being 15 years did not stop me from selecting him backed by his talent and technique.

I started out on the street, like all players in Nigeria, before being spotted by coaches.

Then I joined the club, El Kanemi Warriors. I started my career just a year ago. I was with the U-17 before the national coach Salisu Yusuf invited me to the squad for the CHAN 2018.

Honestly, I did not expect that. I started my career a year ago and I am already playing a major tournament like CHAN. It’s a real fairy tale.

In addition, I made an appearance against Rwanda in the first match. While playing in my neighbourhood, I didn’t expect that one day, I would become an international and don the colours of Nigeria.

Role Models:

Nur was inspired by two Nigerians John Obi Mikel and Ali Rabiu as well as Germany international Mesut Ozil;

On a global level, I really like Mesut Ozil, but in Nigeria, I have my idol, which is John Obi Mikel. I wish to have a career like him because he is a great player.

I mentioned Obi Mikel because I do not remember the magic moments of Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha. I also like our number 10, Rabiu Ali, who is nicknamed Pelé. He is a great player.

It’s alright. I’m living right now in Nigeria with the money my club gives me, not in great conditions but it can get better.

Like all ambitious players, I hope to sign a professional contract abroad. It will allow me to make a good living, also progress in the sport.

Rabiu, 37, is also a teammate to Nur at the on-going CHAN 2018 tournament in Morocco. He lauds the 15 year old as a good listener;

What I like about him (Nur) is that he listens to advice. He is ambitious and listens to everything.

For this tournament, he is learning but for the next tournaments, expect to discover a great player

Obviously Nur has dreams for the future, a better tomorrow, but does not fail to appreciate the opportunity offered by his current club, El Kanemi Warriors.

Like many budding young players with humble beginnings, the future lies in hard work, sheer luck and perfect guidance.

Profile:

Why didn't you put the 15 in quotation marks? You know by now their 15 is at least 23 in other places. :taunt:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Forget the elephant in the room for now. :D

6 HOURS AGO
BY DAVID ISABIRYE

Muhammed Nur

Role Models:

Profile:

Why didn't you put the 15 in quotation marks? You know by now their 15 is at least 23 in other places. :taunt:
Life as a CNQ (CanNot Qualify) must be horrible. At least DNQ citizens knows what playing at the WC feels like.
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

He looks like a teenager to me.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Edu wrote:He looks like a teenager to me.
Teenager is up to 19 years old, and 15 is different from 19. The doubt if any is whether he is 15 or not. Nobody in his right mind (not even CNQ Kenyans) would question his age if the report said he was 19.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:
Edu wrote:He looks like a teenager to me.
Teenager is up to 19 years old, and 15 is different from 19. The doubt if any is whether he is 15 or not. Nobody in his right mind (not even CNQ Kenyans) would question his age if the report said he was 19.
Well, we all saw Adeleye do it at the tender age of 16, so I have no reason to doubt this young mans age! :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Nio be Nura be dis
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's not impossible, but it's hard for me to believe he is truly 15. If he is really 15, or at least not over 19, being selected as one of the best players in the country at such a young age is no small feat. Let's see how he develops.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote:It's not impossible, but it's hard for me to believe he is truly 15. If he is really 15, or at least not over 19, being selected as one of the best players in the country at such a young age is no small feat. Let's see how he develops.
But I bet it won't be so hard for you to believe that this 'Nigerian' is 17... :D

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL