A MEANINGLESS MATCH: SOTON v MAN UTD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
A MEANINGLESS MATCH: SOTON v MAN UTD

Post by anointed »

A clear case of referee listening to players. Bailly reprehensibly handles the ball under no pressure, Soton players scream blue murder, ref awards penalty in world record time without even bothering that the offence was clearly committed outside the penalty box.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: A MEANINGLESS MATCH: SOTON v MAN UTD

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anointed wrote:A clear case of referee listening to players. Bailly reprehensibly handles the ball under no pressure, Soton players scream blue murder, ref awards penalty in world record time without even bothering that the offence was clearly committed outside the penalty box.

did they score the PK?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Nope. Rome saved the referee's blushes.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anointed wrote:Nope. Rome saved the referee's blushes.

Mourinho has to be careful. Yes, United can with 3 trophies this year, but when you start being unserious with games and losing multiple games in the process, it may affect your players. Not all players have instant on-off switches. Beating Chelsea was great, but failing to get one draw against Arsenal and Tottenham was just bad.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

how we dey play o?

7 days until Stockholm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

BTW, Mike Dean is the referee
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...poor game from both sides.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

HT

But it's all Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

A few alternative games to consider watching if you're not interested in meaningless games.

Juve v lazio - copa italia final
real madrid v celta - real want to go back to of liga
monaco v st etienne - monaCo need only a point to clinch the french title
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ManU goal area getting peppered with shots. Keeper keeping them in the game.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The game has left Rooney behind! He should leave united
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

marko wrote:The game has left Rooney behind! He should leave united

hmmm...please stop saying that. If Wenger hears now, he will rush to Man U with a sack of money....we remember Silvestre
AFCON 2019 sweet o

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The difference between a Barcelona , Real Madrid is they do not tolerate passengers in their team especially in the striking department, united are ruled by too much English sentiment, that why united have been left behind in the European elite and are playing catch up, Real Madrid always tries to freshen things up every year, Barca the same, well I guess things started going downhill the day they decided to give the united job to a Scottish man based on sentiment rather than suitability, we have not recovered from that silly mistake
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anointed wrote:HT

Looks like a Mourinho kind of game alright. :D
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

come on...score...someone..anyone..don't gaf who...even if na kitchen staff enter field come do am :mad:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Man-made meaningless. Mourinho, a master of casuistry, has cunningly convinced the world to regard the domestic campaign as a bothersome chore of absolute irrelevance. A scrutinized stare at the last 10 or so games reveals a classic case of the Asafa Powells. A decent run slowly losing pace with each stride, with each passing second the distance grows, 1 metre, 2 metres, 3 metres. Recognising the race is lost long before the finish line, pip goes the hamstring conveniently and the commentary becomes more of ifs and injuries, than the insurmountable distance that was never to be closed.

United can win the Europa and close the campaign with two trophies, all be they two of the least desirable, akin to a one night stand with the less than chief bridesmaid. Inebriated almost as heavily as her waistline. For the money spent, for all the rigmarole in the transfer window, his bold declaration of needing three players and the hubris having acquired said three players, the Premiership performance has been disgraceful. Who gazzumps Real's Ronaldo outlay to finish sixth, albeit with a Carling Cup and Eurovision song contest gold medal tucked under the armpit? Mancunia will only be fooled for so long. A repeat next season and he'll be sacked, retrospectively confirming the shambles he oversaw the season prior.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Story!!!
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:Man-made meaningless. Mourinho, a master of casuistry, has cunningly convinced the world to regard the domestic campaign as a bothersome chore of absolute irrelevance. A scrutinized stare at the last 10 or so games reveals a classic case of the Asafa Powells. A decent run slowly losing pace with each stride, with each passing second the distance grows, 1 metre, 2 metres, 3 metres. Recognising the race is lost long before the finish line, pip goes the hamstring conveniently and the commentary becomes more of ifs and injuries, than the insurmountable distance that was never to be closed.

United can win the Europa and close the campaign with two trophies, all be they two of the least desirable, akin to a one night stand with the less than chief bridesmaid. Inebriated almost as heavily as her waistline. For the money spent, for all the rigmarole in the transfer window, his bold declaration of needing three players and the hubris having acquired said three players, the Premiership performance has been disgraceful. Who gazzumps Real's Ronaldo outlay to finish sixth, albeit with a Carling Cup and Eurovision song contest gold medal tucked under the armpit? Mancunia will only be fooled for so long. A repeat next season and he'll be sacked, retrospectively confirming the shambles he oversaw the season prior.
Of course any repeat of this rubbish next season, he will have to go, he will have to be ruthless at the end of the season, take stock of the season, see who is United quality and who is not, no sentiments allowed and get rid of such players, if some certain players spend more time on the injury table than the pitch, sorry they have to go, the board must support Mourinho and invest in the transfer market, I will say we are 4-5 players short of winning the premiership, all depends if we win next week, we have to be in the champions league next season even though we do not deserve to based on how we performed this season

Marko
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Monaco beat St Ettiene 1-0 and win Ligue 1

Real win 4-1 at Celta and need just a point against Malaga to claim La Liga. Wow! For Messi, how can you score over 50 goals in a season and the only title you can put your hands on is the Copa del Rey? Well, I guess, it's not over.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote:HT

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nothing new here.
It has been like this since New Years Day!
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anointed wrote:Monaco beat St Ettiene 1-0 and win Ligue 1

Real win 4-1 at Celta and need just a point against Malaga to claim La Liga. Wow! For Messi, how can you score over 50 goals in a season and the only title you can put your hands on is the Copa del Rey? Well, I guess, it's not over.
Monaco scored another, Germain made it 2-0

Juve win a third straight coppa d'italia
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

platinum wrote:A few alternative games to consider watching if you're not interested in meaningless games.

Juve v lazio - copa italia final
real madrid v celta - real want to go back to of liga
monaco v st etienne - monaCo need only a point to clinch the french title
Holed in a hotel room and don't have another football choice than the Man Utd game...anyway na Utd game sha so I go watched it.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

anointed wrote:Monaco beat St Ettiene 1-0 and win Ligue 1

Yep, it's not over yet. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu