Onyekuru called up to SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru called up to SE

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I don't think I am. I know exactly what you are saying.

However, what I am Saying is simple. You don't scout a player in ONE GAME. You scout a player over a season and more. If Rohr is interested in the highest goal scorer in the Belgian league, he will
Include him in the squad moving forward, regardless of what onyekuru does against Corsica and Togo. That is how a top coach builds a team....if onyekuru fails over a period of
Time, then we can say he is not ready.

To put all your hope on a Performance in one game is amateurish. And I blame it on the culture of scrimmage in Nigeria caused by storming camp and fighting for shirt.

I think you have been on cybereagles long enough for me to mention two names to you:

1. Bartholomew Ogbeche -- the bycicle kick heard around the world :rotf:
2. Friday Onyekwu

This is what scrimmage does to you. It allows average players to have a blinder in their first game and caused average coaches to select them, while ignoring top quality players , whose performances grow with appearances.
DD,

If Onyekuru flunks big time and shows that as a 19 year old he can't yet handle the step up to the national team, are you suggesting Rohr persists with him at the expense of other players who deserve a look in? Club football and National team football are different kettles of fish. Jonathan Akpoborie was prolific at club level in Germany but that form didn't quite translate at the national level. On the flip side, Daniel Amokachi wasn't exactly light up the stage at Everton but we all know what he was capable of in the GWG.

Every coach has an idea of how he wants to set up his team and the tactics to be deployed. I'm quite sure Onyekuru's exploits have not gone unnoticed.
You definitely want him to fail for your chest thumping I told you so. There is no doubt he has all the attributes to be successful. The only disadvantage in his game is his penchant for going sole not passing to open team mates. If he can correct that anomaly he will surely be fantastic player both national and club levels. He has explosive runs with marvelous ball control and a keen eye as a goal poacher . He reminds me of Arsenal Henry when he was young. The question is does he have the zeal to the reach awesome Henry's height. If he has the desire, determination , discipline and diligence his accomplishments will be bravura no doubt about it. Honestly I'm really excited about him he seems to be consummate player in making.
I don think thats what Mr. Shows is saying at all. :lol: :lol:

He is saying Onyekuru must perform IMMEDIATELY to grab a permanent position on the team.

I am taking a different stance. My own position is that he doesnt need to perform immediately. The coach knows what Onyekuru can do, and there is no rush to pressure the 19 year old to become the savior of the universe. he should be given time to bed in. Its not like we are stacked with "highest goals scorers." Our wingers contain the likes of Musa and simon who have constantly under performed, and our strike force was made up of two oafs who have run to china to find their scoring boots.

I then buttressed my argument by mentioning 2 players who "performed" IMMEDIATELY, and later could not sustain such performances:

1. Ogbeche -- who deceived us with the bicycle kick heard around the world :rotf: ; and
2. Friday Onyekwu -- who stole Ayo Akinfe's heart.

Now, I even take a step further to mention a player who failed to perform in 9 months, but because the coach knew what he can do, he was giving the time to bed in. Today, the player is a legend and one of, if not the greatest striker in that club's history:

1. Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

danfo driver wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

However, what I am Saying is simple. You don't scout a player in ONE GAME. You scout a player over a season and more. If Rohr is interested in the highest goal scorer in the Belgian league, he will
Include him in the squad moving forward, regardless of what onyekuru does against Corsica and Togo. That is how a top coach builds a team....if onyekuru fails over a period of

To put all your hope on a Performance in one game is amateurish. And I blame it on the culture of scrimmage in Nigeria caused by storming camp and fighting for shirt.

I think you have been on cybereagles long enough for me to mention two names to you:

2. Friday Onyekwu

This is what scrimmage does to you. It allows average players to have a blinder in their first game and caused average coaches to select them, while ignoring top quality players , whose performances grow with appearances.
DD,

If Onyekuru flunks big time and shows that as a 19 year old he can't yet handle the step up to the national team, are you suggesting Rohr persists with him at the expense of other players who deserve a look in? Club football and National team football are different kettles of fish. Jonathan Akpoborie was prolific at club level in Germany but that form didn't quite translate at the national level. On the flip side, Daniel Amokachi wasn't exactly light up the stage at Everton but we all know what he was capable of in the GWG.

Every coach has an idea of how he wants to set up his team and the tactics to be deployed. I'm quite sure Onyekuru's exploits have not gone unnoticed.
You definitely want him to fail for your chest thumping I told you so. There is no doubt he has all the attributes to be successful. The only disadvantage in his game is his penchant for going sole not passing to open team mates. If he can correct that anomaly he will surely be fantastic player both national and club levels. He has explosive runs with marvelous ball control and a keen eye as a goal poacher . He reminds me of Arsenal Henry when he was young. The question is does he have the zeal to the reach awesome Henry's height. If he has the desire, determination , discipline and diligence his accomplishments will be bravura no doubt about it. Honestly I'm really excited about him he seems to be consummate player in making.

He is saying Onyekuru must perform IMMEDIATELY to grab a permanent position on the team.

I am taking a different stance. My own position is that he doesnt need to perform immediately. The coach knows what Onyekuru can do, and there is no rush to pressure the 19 year old to become the savior of the universe. he should be given time to bed in. Its not like we are stacked with "highest goals scorers." Our wingers contain the likes of Musa and simon who have constantly under performed, and our strike force was made up of two oafs who have run to china to find their scoring boots.

I then buttressed my argument by mentioning 2 players who "performed" IMMEDIATELY, and later could not sustain such performances:

1. Ogbeche -- who deceived us with the bicycle kick heard around the world :rotf: ; and

Now, I even take a step further to mention a player who failed to perform in 9 months, but because the coach knew what he can do, he was giving the time to bed in. Today, the player is a legend and one of, if not the greatest striker in that club's history:

But Batholomew Ogbeche his performances were not stellar on consistent level while with PSG . He was lucky then because he was playing with JJ Okacha who was doing everything within his reach to carry him along. Unlike Onyekuru who has otherwise proven to be high performer on several occasions within one year of being with the club.There is no question about it the values of his stock are far higher than that of Ogbeche when Ogbeche was his level right now. We all can attest to the fact he has mesmerizing skill. He will definitely be an awesome player if he cuts down on his penchant for being a selfish player during his explosive runs
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bim Bam Bully:
I am not sure where you get your facts. They were together at PSG for one season, and during this time Ogbeche wasn't starting much.
b :arrow: ully12 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

2. Friday Onyekwu

DD,

But Batholomew Ogbeche his performances were not stellar on consistent level while with PSG . He was lucky then because he was playing with JJ Okacha who was doing everything within his reach to carry him along. Unlike Onyekuru who has otherwise proven to be high performer on several occasions within one year of being with the club.There is no question about it the values of his stock are far higher than that of Ogbeche when Ogbeche was his level right now. We all can attest to the fact he has mesmerizing skill. He will definitely be an awesome player if he cuts down on his penchant for being a selfish player during his explosive runs
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

DD I was amongst the many fans eager to see Onyekuru's call up. The SE should be the preserve of our very best and the boy deserves and has earned his call up. If he doesn't perform and gets dropped, does that mean he will be permanently excluded from the team?? Absolutely not! He is still 19 and has another 7 years to hit his prime.

All I am saying, very simply is that he has become the center of a lot of attention and that puts a bit of pressure on him. Expectations are riding high on him to deliver. On the other hand, Rohr is building a team for the WC and if we make it, only our very best will be on the bus. If Onyekuru has others that are better ahead of him, then sentiments aside, he will have to wait for his turn. That said, I hope he does well and I'm eager to see what he brings to the fray.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:DD I was amongst the many fans eager to see Onyekuru's call up. The SE should be the preserve of our very best and the boy deserves and has earned his call up. If he doesn't perform and gets dropped, does that mean he will be permanently excluded from the team?? Absolutely not! He is still 19 and has another 7 years to hit his prime.

All I am saying, very simply is that he has become the center of a lot of attention and that puts a bit of pressure on him. Expectations are riding high on him to deliver. On the other hand, Rohr is building a team for the WC and if we make it, only our very best will be on the bus. .
And all i am saying is that a good coach will step in and protect him. Personally. if I was the coach, I wont even play him in these two games. I will have him just show up to camp and assess how he relates to the other players. Leave him on the bench, to kill the expectations and then bring him back in the next game again.

If Onyekuru has others that are better ahead of him, then sentiments aside, he will have to wait for his turn.
I entirely agree.

Sadly, we have rotten sh1iiitt like Musa and Simon who have shown that sentiments are never aside when it comes to Nigeria. Even when you have others better than you, you can still be invited over and over again.

Lets also use the same yard stick to judge Musa, Simon and Echiejile.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:DD I was amongst the many fans eager to see Onyekuru's call up. The SE should be the preserve of our very best and the boy deserves and has earned his call up. If he doesn't perform and gets dropped, does that mean he will be permanently excluded from the team?? Absolutely not! He is still 19 and has another 7 years to hit his prime.

All I am saying, very simply is that he has become the center of a lot of attention and that puts a bit of pressure on him. Expectations are riding high on him to deliver. On the other hand, Rohr is building a team for the WC and if we make it, only our very best will be on the bus. .
And all i am saying is that a good coach will step in and protect him. Personally. if I was the coach, I wont even play him in these two games. I will have him just show up to camp and assess how he relates to the other players. Leave him on the bench, to kill the expectations and then bring him back in the next game again.

If Onyekuru has others that are better ahead of him, then sentiments aside, he will have to wait for his turn.
I entirely agree.

Sadly, we have rotten sh1iiitt like Musa and Simon who have shown that sentiments are never aside when it comes to Nigeria. Even when you have others better than you, you can still be invited over and over again.

Bro, Rohr's dilemma with Musa and Echiejile is that they along with Mikel bring much needed experience into a relatively young and inexperienced squad. I hope both are able to sort out their careers next season as the SE needs them.
I am happy
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:

I entirely agree.

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I entirely agree.

Bro, Rohr's dilemma with Musa and Echiejile is that they along with Mikel bring much needed experience into a relatively young and inexperienced squad. I hope both are able to sort out their careers next season as the SE needs them.

They can keep their experience! One is as brainless as a barn door and the other is a poor excuse for a left back who has spent his time being passed around clubs in Europe.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Onyekuru scores a brace tonight to celebrate his Super Eagles call-up. :thumbs:
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Hope he stays away from the Prem if he moves in the summer.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The YeyeMan wrote:Hope he stays away from the Prem if he moves in the summer.
A team like Crystal Palace under big Sam who has a penchant for African talent might be a good starting point..
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Dammy wrote:Onyekuru scores a brace tonight to celebrate his Super Eagles call-up. :thumbs:
Any video? The boy is clearly becoming a thriller
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Onyekuru scores a brace tonight to celebrate his Super Eagles call-up. :thumbs:
Ol boi, seems this young man is unstoppable.
Say whaat? :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
A team like Crystal Palace under big Sam who has a penchant for African talent might be a good starting point..
lol. he "Started" in belgium. he doesnt need to "start" again. He should go to a top team and fight to be the best player there. Simple as that. When neymar was leaving Brazil, no one said he should go to "Crystal Palace" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
lol. he "Started" in belgium. he doesnt need to "start" again. He should go to a top team and fight to be the best player there. Simple as that. When neymar was leaving Brazil, no one said he should go to "Crystal Palace" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are right nothing less than Barcelona or Madrid will do... :dream:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
You are right nothing less than Barcelona or Madrid will do... :dream:
If one of both come in for him, he should pick one! He'd be demented to pick Crystal Palace over Barcelona or Madrid.

However, if Barca or Madrid does not come in, and as rumored, RB, Southampton, West Ham and Everton are in, then Crystal Palace stand no chance.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

YUJAM wrote:Bim Bam Bully:
I am not sure where you get your facts. They were together at PSG for one season, and during this time Ogbeche wasn't starting much.
b :arrow: ully12 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

2. Friday Onyekwu

DD,

This same manner you used to bamboozle us with false rumors and half truths about Christain Obodo's exploits in Serie A'
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Saviour Godwin scored in that match too, he has been consistent in Roeselare shirt too.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

osita wrote:Saviour Godwin scored in that match too, he has been consistent in Roeselare shirt too.
Saviour Godwin and scoring in one sentence, surely there must be something wrong with league then. Maybe that's why Onyekuru has been terrorizing the league with a plethora of goals.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bully12 wrote:
osita wrote:Saviour Godwin scored in that match too, he has been consistent in Roeselare shirt too.
Saviour Godwin and scoring in one sentence, surely there must be something wrong with league then. Maybe that's why Onyekuru has been terrorizing the league with a plethora of goals.
Don't get your drift :blink: have you see lukaku ,hazard e.t.c what league did you think they played in before moving out to England?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I entirely agree.

They can keep their experience! One is as brainless as a barn door and the other is a poor excuse for a left back who has spent his time being passed around clubs in Europe.
Thank God, you are not the coach! You want to take a bunch of greenhorns without any senior tournament experience to the world cup without experienced players?
I am happy
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Revealed: Why Henry Onyekuru Wont Be Top Scorer In Belgium

http://www.soccerassembly.com/revealed- ... r-belgium/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I entirely agree.

Thank God, you are not the coach! You want to take a bunch of greenhorns without any senior tournament experience to the world cup without experienced players?

I agree. Thank God! I have no desire to be a coach. Absolutely none. If I did, I'd be one of he best coaches in the world right now.

As for the rest of your comment. The world cup is in 2018, not tomorrow. If you are already guaranteeing Musa, Simon, and Echeijile a spot on the team, one year before the tournament, then you are definitely a NIgerian coach! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: