Onyekuru called up to SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onyekuru called up to SE

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:DD I was amongst the many fans eager to see Onyekuru's call up. The SE should be the preserve of our very best and the boy deserves and has earned his call up. If he doesn't perform and gets dropped, does that mean he will be permanently excluded from the team?? Absolutely not! He is still 19 and has another 7 years to hit his prime.

All I am saying, very simply is that he has become the center of a lot of attention and that puts a bit of pressure on him. Expectations are riding high on him to deliver. On the other hand, Rohr is building a team for the WC and if we make it, only our very best will be on the bus. .
And all i am saying is that a good coach will step in and protect him. Personally. if I was the coach, I wont even play him in these two games. I will have him just show up to camp and assess how he relates to the other players. Leave him on the bench, to kill the expectations and then bring him back in the next game again.

If Onyekuru has others that are better ahead of him, then sentiments aside, he will have to wait for his turn.
I entirely agree.

Sadly, we have rotten sh1iiitt like Musa and Simon who have shown that sentiments are never aside when it comes to Nigeria. Even when you have others better than you, you can still be invited over and over again.

Lets also use the same yard stick to judge Musa, Simon and Echiejile.
Bro, Rohr's dilemma with Musa and Echiejile is that they along with Mikel bring much needed experience into a relatively young and inexperienced squad. I hope both are able to sort out their careers next season as the SE needs them.

They can keep their experience! One is as brainless as a barn door and the other is a poor excuse for a left back who has spent his time being passed around clubs in Europe.
Thank God, you are not the coach! You want to take a bunch of greenhorns without any senior tournament experience to the world cup without experienced players?

I agree. Thank God! I have no desire to be a coach. Absolutely none. If I did, I'd be one of he best coaches in the world right now.

As for the rest of your comment. The world cup is in 2018, not tomorrow. If you are already guaranteeing Musa, Simon, and Echeijile a spot on the team, one year before the tournament, then you are definitely a NIgerian coach! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am glad you are aware that the tournament is a year away. The likes of Musa and Echiejile can find their form before then.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:DD I was amongst the many fans eager to see Onyekuru's call up. The SE should be the preserve of our very best and the boy deserves and has earned his call up. If he doesn't perform and gets dropped, does that mean he will be permanently excluded from the team?? Absolutely not! He is still 19 and has another 7 years to hit his prime.

All I am saying, very simply is that he has become the center of a lot of attention and that puts a bit of pressure on him. Expectations are riding high on him to deliver. On the other hand, Rohr is building a team for the WC and if we make it, only our very best will be on the bus. .
And all i am saying is that a good coach will step in and protect him. Personally. if I was the coach, I wont even play him in these two games. I will have him just show up to camp and assess how he relates to the other players. Leave him on the bench, to kill the expectations and then bring him back in the next game again.

If Onyekuru has others that are better ahead of him, then sentiments aside, he will have to wait for his turn.
I entirely agree.

Sadly, we have rotten sh1iiitt like Musa and Simon who have shown that sentiments are never aside when it comes to Nigeria. Even when you have others better than you, you can still be invited over and over again.

Bro, Rohr's dilemma with Musa and Echiejile is that they along with Mikel bring much needed experience into a relatively young and inexperienced squad. I hope both are able to sort out their careers next season as the SE needs them.

They can keep their experience! One is as brainless as a barn door and the other is a poor excuse for a left back who has spent his time being passed around clubs in Europe.
Thank God, you are not the coach! You want to take a bunch of greenhorns without any senior tournament experience to the world cup without experienced players?

I agree. Thank God! I have no desire to be a coach. Absolutely none. If I did, I'd be one of he best coaches in the world right now.

As for the rest of your comment. The world cup is in 2018, not tomorrow. If you are already guaranteeing Musa, Simon, and Echeijile a spot on the team, one year before the tournament, then you are definitely a NIgerian coach! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am glad you are aware that the tournament is a year away. The likes of Musa and Echiejile can find their form before then.
Without trying to "swear" for anyone. That is not happening. Musa has been useless for 5 years and brainless since he was born. Echeiile
has been a terrible player since they day he decided to become a footballer. Nothing is changing in a year. I expect both players to watch the world cup from home, if Rohr selects his team on merit.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is okay. Won't bench Victor Moses if he is played on the left.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:He is okay. Won't bench Victor Moses if he is played on the left.
One is a right back, the other is the highest goal scorer in the league. I know who is "okay" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Hope he stays away from the Prem if he moves in the summer.
A team like Crystal Palace under big Sam who has a penchant for African talent might be a good starting point..
lol. he "Started" in belgium. he doesnt need to "start" again. He should go to a top team and fight to be the best player there. Simple as that. When neymar was leaving Brazil, no one said he should go to "Crystal Palace" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
As a 19 year old, foreign born player, it will be extremely difficult to get playing time at a top 5 club in the EPL. Nacho is a case in point. Lukaku struggled to get playing time at Chelsea but was able to overcome that by joining Everton. This has improved his stock overtime.

If he goes to the EPL, the key is to join a club where he will get games week in week out. A club like Crystal Palace will offer him that. If you understood the traditions of the club with young black players, you wouldn't have been quick to laugh it off.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:He is okay. Won't bench Victor Moses if he is played on the left.
One is a right back, the other is the highest goal scorer in the league. I know who is "okay" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I am talking about National team level not club level . Victor Moses is the starting left attacking forward for Nigeria. Onyekuru has a lot to prove at the national level. I don't buy the hype.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
A team like Crystal Palace under big Sam who has a penchant for African talent might be a good starting point..
lol. he "Started" in belgium. he doesnt need to "start" again. He should go to a top team and fight to be the best player there. Simple as that. When neymar was leaving Brazil, no one said he should go to "Crystal Palace" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
As a 19 year old, foreign born player, it will be extremely difficult to get playing time at a top 5 club in the EPL. Nacho is a case in point. Lukaku struggled to get playing time at Chelsea but was able to overcome that by joining Everton. This has improved his stock overtime.

If he goes to the EPL, the key is to join a club where he will get games week in week out. A club like Crystal Palace will offer him that. If you understood the traditions of the club with young black players, you wouldn't have been quick to laugh it off.
I am laughing it off because he has better clubs asking for him. Its that simple.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I am talking about National team level not club level . Victor Moses is the starting left attacking forward for Nigeria. Onyekuru has a lot to prove at the national level. I don't buy the hype.

Thank you God! we all know what you did to madubuachi! Please keep your hype off Onyekuru :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Looks like Henry is highly likely to become an Arsenal player fairly soon... Watching on sky sports news ... For 6.8million pounds
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Arsenal??? For what?? He better listen to the fans and go to Crystal Palace. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

are you going to buy the hype when your club (Arsenal) signs him? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

Since your club wants him, do you still think he should go to Crystal Palace? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

are you going to buy the hype when your club (Arsenal) signs him? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He won't be a starter at Arsenal. Also how can we sign him when Wenger future is still yet to be decided.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

He won't be a starter at Arsenal. Also how can we sign him when Wenger future is still yet to be decided.
I am sure Maduabuchi will be a stater for Arsenal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

green4life wrote:Looks like Henry is highly likely to become an Arsenal player fairly soon... Watching on sky sports news ... For 6.8million pounds
Honestly, I see a complete replica of Thiery Henry in him and I'm sure Arsenal is envisaging that and looking at him through this same lens . If the boy is as assiduous ,discipline and determined as Henry was he can reach this same height as Henry did in world soccer. Honestly I wish he has the dedication and determination to fulfill our prodigious expectations of him. Hopeful he does not fall in this same trap we see with many Nigerian players. The first time they burst into the scene they look like potential world players of the year in the nearest future raising astronomical expectations but suddenly their stocks take a nose dive consequently we found them in one obscure league wasting away.
I hope this is not the case with Onyekuru , he keeps growing in his career, not copacetic with all the limelight he is enjoying right now. I sincerely pray he grows and develops like Henry and Ronaldo . We saw both players becoming the best out of sheer diligence , determination and dedication.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I entirely agree.

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr Shows wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
You are right nothing less than Barcelona or Madrid will do... :dream:
Do you remember when you mocked Onyekuru, insinuating that his level is Crystal Palace?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, your own club is begging for him :lol: :lol: :lol: You see how God can slap someone's mouth with a dirty back hand slap? Yea, Barcelona and Real Madrid didnt come, but Arsenal came begging. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If it was up to you, Onyekuru should have gone to managerless bottom of the table, Crystal Palace.