ESSIEN, Please Come Back Home...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
ESSIEN, Please Come Back Home...

Post by Senator WIRES »

:cry:

"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ESSIEN, Please Come Back Home...

Post by nemi2002 »

I go chop ya dallars. .... even his players in Italy will not cut grass before training
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

May e he finds it fun to use. Besides, people doing DIY abroad I no biggie
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Africans, especially Nigerians, consider cutting grass a poor man chore.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

mcal wrote:...Africans, especially Nigerians, consider cutting grass a poor man chore.
because Africans experiences with grass cutting is with a cutlass & swollen palms
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

where did he get the Bendel name "Essien" from sef?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mcal wrote:...Africans, especially Nigerians, consider cutting grass a poor man chore.
Even in the west It's a poor man's chore, if outside of ones abode. People have no problem cutting and trimming their own lawns, but to cut someone else's property is usually reserved for kids looking to earn or labourers.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tbite wrote:
Even in the west It's a poor man's chore, if outside of ones abode. People have no problem cutting and trimming their own lawns, but to cut someone else's property is usually reserved for kids looking to earn or labourers.
Are you serious? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I work for a Housing Association, I know how much we pay Tree Surgeons to maintain gardens, plants, lawns and trees.

When you see people maintaining their gardens and trimming their plants and cutting their grass etc, it is because getting a professional is not cheap. Even Eastern Europeans are not cheap.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nothing wrong with what essien is doing...humble fella....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Waffiman wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Are you serious? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I work for a Housing Association, I know how much we pay Tree Surgeons to maintain gardens, plants, lawns and trees.

When you see people maintaining their gardens and trimming their plants and cutting their grass etc, it is because getting a professional is not cheap. Even Eastern Europeans are not cheap.
Cost of Labour is higher in Australia than even your America, so this is not news to me. Due to minimum wage, award rates and other factors, you oftentimes get jobs like this getting decent wages. Some plumbers in Australia even get higher wages than some medical doctors here.

but the white collar, blue collar (labouring/professional) divide has not diminished because of it. You wouldn't do it, unless you had vocational training and that was your only route. A wealthy person from a different job description would never maintain another persons property in the west. Essien is not a tree surgeon.

And even those labourers who get a good salary are still not held in high esteem! So abeg what people do you know who just pick up a whipper snipper or mower to maintain someone else's property in the west for the heck of it?

Front lawns and garden care are high value in rich neighborhoods in the west, which is whysome people get good contracts, due to the appeal, but it doesn't mean that a well to do person will get up and pick up a whipper snipper. Holding up traffic signs in Australia pays even more than that, it doesn't mean white collar folk do it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tbite wrote:
...my friend that is not true. Grass cutting aka Landscaping is a profession, many folks put their kids thru college/university, buy houses, and live the middle to upper class quiet life.
Personally, I mow, trim my own surroundings unless when I will be away for a long time, I'll contract a landscaper to do it.
Young kids do it too for few bucks here and there during summer months.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

jette1 wrote:
because Africans experiences with grass cutting is with a cutlass & swollen palms
...i hear you there, our grass can be tough too.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:where did he get the Bendel name "Essien" from sef?
Essien is an Awutu name. It means sixth born. Of course he's not a sixth born child but that's a family name. Pure Awutu from Bejwase
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

aykwes8 wrote:
Essien is an Awutu name. It means sixth born. Of course he's not a sixth born child but that's a family name. Pure Awutu from Bejwase
:mad:
Lies! Essien is an Efik or Ibibio name. Way back when, before Okalla, we had a goalkeeper called Eyo Essien.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Senator WIRES wrote::cry:

What is the source of this photograph? It's probably a joke, or a something being done for charity.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
Lies! Essien is an Efik or Ibibio name. Way back when, before Okalla, we had a goalkeeper called Eyo Essien.
Ok i guess he told you that himself....that you can't even be sure which one exactly
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

aykwes8 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
Ok i guess he told you that himself
Who told me? Eyo or Michael? My man, Southeastern Nigeria is full of Essiens. One of my classmates was called Effiong Essien. Essien is as Nigerian as they come.
http://www.onlinenigeria.com/nigerianna ... blurb=4467

OK, I concede, some Ghananese stole the name from Nigeria. :D :taunt:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
Who told me? Eyo or Michael? My man, Southeastern Nigeria is full of Essiens. One of my classmates was called Effiong Essien. Essien is as Nigerian as they come.

you forgot the famous Christy Essien Igbokwe
AFCON 2019 sweet o

imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:

You are just proving Ohese point, she is from Akwa Ibom .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Essien is an Akwa ibom name.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

imehjunior wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:

You are just proving Ohese point, she is from Akwa Ibom .
OK...you don bamboozle me. I am not arguing with Ohsee. We are on the same side, i.e., our Bredas stole the name from Naija. Yup, I thought Bendel, and Ohsee corrected me....das all
AFCON 2019 sweet o

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...west of Africa along the Atlantic is one big nation until oyinbo come divide, enslaved, and pitted us against each other, and now here and everywhere we dey fight over the source of a name that belongs to Africa :sad:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote:...west of Africa along the Atlantic is one big nation until oyinbo come divide, enslaved, and pitted us against each other, and now here and everywhere we dey fight over the source of a name that belongs to Africa :sad:

we are not "fighting". This is a friendly banter about the origins of a once exceptional midfielder.
AFCON 2019 sweet o