U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Post by airwolex »

I agree with Damunk, Argentina dominated that game, but as usual were snowflakish and lost to a robust England side. If I was Argentine I'd start worrying about the National sides...long on talent but always mentally fragile.

I am stunned Lookman couldn't get on that team. Tomori is the only Nigerian that I would go for for the SE. Very strong and tough. Onomah, played deep and was disappointing. Solanke looks weak and Ojo and Ejaria didn't play enough minutes for me to have any thoughts.

That Everton boy looks the deal and so does Armstrong.

Guinea were so rubbish I stopped watching after 30 minutes.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:I agree with Damunk, Argentina dominated that game, but as usual were snowflakish and lost to a robust England side. If I was Argentine I'd start worrying about the National sides...long on talent but always mentally fragile.

I am stunned Lookman couldn't get on that team. Tomori is the only Nigerian that I would go for for the SE. Very strong and tough. Onomah, played deep and was disappointing. Solanke looks weak and Ojo and Ejaria didn't play enough minutes for me to have any thoughts.

That Everton boy looks the deal and so does Armstrong.

Guinea were so rubbish I stopped watching after 30 minutes.
I didn't even realise he played. That makes FIVE of them....half the team!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Senegal

[/video]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

England with our over-hyped players could only draw 1-1 with Guinea.
I am happy
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

airwolex wrote:Tomori is the only Nigerian that I would go for for the SE. Very strong and tough.
:lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

The YeyeMan wrote:
airwolex wrote:Tomori is the only Nigerian that I would go for for the SE. Very strong and tough.
that was quite a backpass... not looking and the goalie miles off his line.. both were guilty but tomori was more to blame..
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Solowe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
that was quite a backpass... not looking and the goalie miles off his line.. both were guilty but tomori was more to blame..
Bros,

I will not blame Tomori on that. There is no reason that the Keeper should not have saved that, except if he was out to lunch in his mind. Tomori had to put some weight to the ball because he was backpassing from a long distance and it was a low ball. No excuses for the keeper, bros.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Dammy wrote:England with our over-hyped players could only draw 1-1 with Guinea.
Guinea played much better than the first game.. they could have won this one...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Enugu II wrote:
Solowe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bros,

I will not blame Tomori on that. There is no reason that the Keeper should not have saved that, except if he was out to lunch in his mind. Tomori had to put some weight to the ball because he was backpassing from a long distance and it was a low ball. No excuses for the keeper, bros.

The thing is a lot of coaches now want Goalies to act like they are the 11th on field player and use them to move the ball around in the back... which is why Pep Guardiola traded Joe hart for Bravo.. they want goalies who can use their feet.. this doesn't mean though that the keeper can be 20 yards off his goal like while the ball was still under pressure in his own half.. That being said the defender should always look and never back pass directly to the face of goal... he should always aim for the sideline just in case of a mishap...
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Keeper to blame on reflection.

Tomori was facing the press; one passing lane was blocked and the other was risky, keeper was safer option but was out for lunch. Commentator says Tomori could have gone forward - wrong! Where?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
Solowe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bros,

...one of the cardinal rules of back passing, pass away from the goal in case the goalie miss it, especially if you are not looking at his positioning or making eye contact.
It was terrible, hope he redeem himself somehow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Meanwhile Zambia on a roll. Booked their place into the 2nd rd with max pts from 2 games. Well done.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Solowe wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Bros,

...one of the cardinal rules of back passing, pass away from the goal in case the goalie miss it, especially if you are not looking at his positioning or making eye contact.
It was terrible, hope he redeem himself somehow.
Story. That was ALL on the goalkeeper abeg.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

metalalloy wrote:
mcal wrote:
Story. That was ALL on the goalkeeper abeg.
Metalalloy,

I miss you bro.. things have not been the same since you stopped trolling me.. Gimme one last "peakcock" dig for old times sake... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

So far France has looked the most mature team, not necessarily the best playing....
Germany has been surprisingly bad... I mean really helter skelter bad. The worst German team I have ever seen...
Zambia has been very impressive...
The argies have played well, but no serious attack...2 loses..could be out already
The USA has a star in Joshua Sarggent..17 year old free scoring phenom ..if he was Naija we would say he is 26
England is England..
Vanuatu, Vietnam... how do they qualify out of their group ??
Venezuela is doing the business
Senegal was shockingly bad agaisnt the usa, I always expect nothing from South Africa..I find them very annoying actually !
Just realized today brazil didnt qualify...
I wont be surprised if South Korea wins it all...
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Zambia.
Nice game

[/video]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Senegal lost to the USA earlier today.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

YUJAM wrote:Senegal lost to the USA earlier today.
I'd like to say that I'm surprised but I'm not. USA is fairly strong at the youth level. It's only a matter of time before they win something at this level.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This German team is the worst German team I have ever seen at any level. And to think one of its players and his stupid Father are doing shakara for Nigeria. :veryangry: Tofungara whatever the f his name is better book an appointment with the Nigerian embassy Bcos there is no way him or any player from that crap team will play for the senior German team.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

bret- hart wrote:This German team is the worst German team I have ever seen at any level. And to think one of its players and his stupid Father are doing shakara for Nigeria. :veryangry: Tofungara whatever the f his name is better book an appointment with the Nigerian embassy Bcos there is no way him or any player from that crap team will play for the senior German team.

I cant believe I am looking at a Germany team.. Its Unbelievable... They were even worse before Torinagua got there...He only got into camp a day before that 2nd game... they needed him badly becuase the defence was so bad before he got there... But still they just dont look like any german team I have ever seen. That coaches career is toast when he gets home..
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

To think Tourunarigha and his Dad turned down the SE for this crap German team! Ojokojo must a serious beef against Nigeria.
I am happy
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Lookman played today for England against South Korea.

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

We beat Senegal...
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.