U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Post by green4life »

King Futcha wrote:We beat Senegal...
Congrats brother. big win for una :thumb:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

With the goal of the tournament so far. What a move, what a finish!!!!! I have never seen native born Americans with such ease and comfort on the ball. That kid Sargent is a pure bred striker! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The Championship is surprisingly good. USA are very good. The Super Eagles of England is good too. Josh Onomah...well, now I see what Spurs see in him....DAMN!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I haven't seen all the games but there are some ballers in this tourney. The South Korean who's in Barca, Sargent of the States are bonafide ballers.

Hope to catch Zambia's next game. Don't want to catch tournament fever and start leaving my work...times are hard biko.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
With the goal of the tournament so far. What a move, what a finish!!!!! I have never seen native born Americans with such ease and comfort on the ball. That kid Sargent is a pure bred striker! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sargent, Pulisic, Lateef Omidiji= 2022 World Cup Champions :thumbs: :thumbs:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

King Futcha wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
Sargent, Pulisic, Lateef Omidiji= 2022 World Cup Champions :thumbs: :thumbs:
In your dreams thot.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

airwolex wrote:The Championship is surprisingly good. USA are very good. The Super Eagles of England is good too. Josh Onomah...well, now I see what Spurs see in him....DAMN!!

Dont forget the rest of the players on the Super Eages of England.
Ejaria bossed that midfield vs S. Korea. He always looks very comfortable on the ball in the middle of the pitch. (just needs to release the ball sooner while with this u20 team)

Ojo, just as a sub, shows more pace, more skill and more end product than his fellow former Naija Liverpool player, Jordan I.B ever showed.

Tomori, despite the own goal in the prior match, held his own in the center of defense.

Just need Solanke to get on the end of the ball in the box a bit more.

Re. the USA, consider the fact that this isn't even their best u20 lineup. Even before Zelalem got injured, the list of players u20 that they are missing/didnt select/teams wouldn't release:

Pulisic

Akale- Villareal
McKinnie, Haji and Taitague-Schalke
Barbir- West Brom
Olosunde-Man.United
Perez- Fiorentina

With the exception of Haji(jury is still out on him imo), the rest of them are all ballers with immense potential to do big things when they make the step up.

--------------------------------------------
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
So

Post by 1naija »

So these Zambian men are telling me they are under 20? Yeah right.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat May 27, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

[/video] ref :curse:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

F360 wrote:
airwolex wrote:The Championship is surprisingly good. USA are very good. The Super Eagles of England is good too. Josh Onomah...well, now I see what Spurs see in him....DAMN!!

Ejaria bossed that midfield vs S. Korea. He always looks very comfortable on the ball in the middle of the pitch. (just needs to release the ball sooner while with this u20 team)

Ojo, just as a sub, shows more pace, more skill and more end product than his fellow former Naija Liverpool player, Jordan I.B ever showed.

Tomori, despite the own goal in the prior match, held his own in the center of defense.

Re. the USA, consider the fact that this isn't even their best u20 lineup. Even before Zelalem got injured, the list of players u20 that they are missing/didnt select/teams wouldn't release:

Pulisic

Akale- Villareal
Barbir- West Brom
Olosunde-Man.United
Perez- Fiorentina

With the exception of Haji(jury is still out on him imo), the rest of them are all ballers with immense potential to do big things when they make the step up.
Ejaria is a fascinating prospect. Dude is really intelligent and makes great runs. He's a bit weak compared to Onomah but he will develop. We should make a play for all of them, though I think no way will they let Onomah and Lookman slip from their grasps.

I am shocked at how well the Americans play. They are almost like a South AMerican team, must be the Latin element in the MLS.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

#10 from France scores the goal of the tournament then scores the goal of the tournament again.

[/video]
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Guinea showing how NOT to defend aerial balls

Argentina with a lovely FK routine

[/video]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Guinea and South Africa going back home

Zambia and Senegal are through to R16

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

F360 wrote:

Pulisic

Akale- Villareal
Barbir- West Brom
Olosunde-Man.United
Perez- Fiorentina

They did not call Akale?
This kid is special. I wish Cameroon can give him a call. I know the Dad very well.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

bamenda boy wrote:
F360 wrote:

Pulisic

Akale- Villareal
Barbir- West Brom
Olosunde-Man.United
Perez- Fiorentina

They did not call Akale?
This kid is special. I wish Cameroon can give him a call. I know the Dad very well.

They live up in Minnesota right? Yeah they didn't call him in for the squad but some US U20 fans feel he should've made it.
Hopefully he'll use this snub to spur him on and advance to the 1st team at Villareal or elsewhere in La Liga and then maybe snub the USA for Cameroon!

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

The USA got worked over by a terrible ref in today's game. Terrible ref.

Also- For this years example of a player for a team in the western hemisphere who looks older than a U20, I give you Spurs and USA CB Cameron Carter Vickers. That young fella looks like a grown azz man already. He looks 30 lol. If he was African people would be asking for his birth certificate.

The group stage is over and here's the draw for the next round.

I think the USA got a very favorable draw right now. They should be able to beat NZ and Japan will probably be tough (if they beat Ven) but the USA should be able to beat Japan as well (with the USA red card holders returning for that match).

I see the semi-finals being

Korea vs USA
France vs England

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

F360 wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:
F360 wrote:

Pulisic

Akale- Villareal
Barbir- West Brom
Olosunde-Man.United
Perez- Fiorentina

They did not call Akale?

They live up in Minnesota right? Yeah they didn't call him in for the squad but some US U20 fans feel he should've made it.
Hopefully he'll use this snub to spur him on and advance to the 1st team at Villareal or elsewhere in La Liga and then maybe snub the USA for Cameroon!
The kid has been the best player in almost any tournament he has played in. As a matter of fact, he was made captain of the U.S U17 a few years ago. Kid looks small but he is a beast.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

green4life wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Senegal lost to the USA earlier today.
I'd like to say that I'm surprised but I'm not. USA is fairly strong at the youth level. It's only a matter of time before they win something at ths level.

Kpom both u17s & 21s..
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

I beg, Mexico, Uruguay, France or Zambia for champion
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Zambia up 2-1 against Germany after being down 0-1 at the half.

Both Zambia goals were absolute bullets!!!!!!! Chei, you really gotta see Zambia's second goal. Cannon!!!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

England up 2-0 against Costa Rica. Lookman scored for England.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

And there is the 3rd goal for Zambiaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: Cool, calm finish between the legs of German 'keeper! 3-1 to Zambiaaaaaaaaa!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Germany pull one back at the 89th minute! 3-2. Nice goal!

Wha choo looking at?!