U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Post by theYemster »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Italy up 2-1. # 11 Thuram coming on for France. Is he related to the great one?
His son.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

USA are balling!!!!!!!!! Kai!!! See soccer. Sargent receives the tail end of a 7 pass move, fluidly turns his marker, lets rip a low shot to their right corner only to see it kept out by a spectacular save!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Goal for USA! :thumbs: 4-0!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: The US number 6 again! :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Italy up 2-1. # 11 Thuram coming on for France. Is he related to the great one?
His son.
Thanks. He is a credit to his dad. :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

5-0 USA. :clap: :clap: The Trusty :mrgreen: one scores!!!!! Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Italy does what Italy does. Still up 2-1. They have closed up shop. France banging their heads against the wall, but wait .. this looks promising for France.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Nope! Piooom!!! FT. France are out.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

USA over 25 team beating up on poor NZ. Can't wait for Hugo Chavez boyz to send them back to Mexico.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bret- hart wrote:USA over 25 team beating up on poor NZ. Can't wait for Hugo Chavez boyz to send them back to Mexico.
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

We won 6-0 and the future GOAT only scored one :thumbs: :thumbs:

2022 :thumbs: :thumbs:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...USA walloped New Zealand. A guy named Lagos scored US last goal. Plus Senegal succumbed to Mexico, sad.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

MEX VS ENG
ITA VS ZAMBIA
POR VS URU
USA VS VEN

QTS going to b crackers . Can't wait for the mouthwatering affairs ....
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
green4life wrote:
Damunk wrote:Zambia beat Gernany?
At U-20 level?????
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I said from the start that this Zambian team was the real deal!!!!!
Congrats to Zambia. They're doing quite well. Outlasting Germany at this level is no joke. :thumb:
They were ... dare I say it, naive. Giving up the ball with a rash shot on the German goal with about 25 seconds of injury time left, only for Germany to recover the ball and equalize at the last second of injury time. Their next opponent is gonna be France or Italy. If they don't wise up they will be summarily dumped out by either of those two.
Naive????? And what do you call the Germans who gave up 4 goals. Come on man
Yeah, why stop at the Germans, why don't you ask me whether the Argentinians were naive too? Please enough with the whataboutery. Zambia just had to see the game out in the last 25 seconds, they had the ball in the German 3rd, 4 Zambians to 2 Germans on the counter. This is the time to pass the ball to the corner flag and wind the game down. Instead they take a rash shot on goal from distance! naively giving up possession to the Germans, which lead to a goal for the Germans in the very last second of play. If you don't see that as naive, then please move on.
Yes, I guess its only the Africans that are Naive right....Germany gave up 4 and you dont comment on their naivety yet you just sheepishly accept the same tired terms that Europeans have used to describe Africans for ages yet you are not consistent in applying the term

There is no whataboutrey here...its a fact Zambia won 4-3, if you cannot admit that their opponent was more naive, then you move on
They won the freaking game and all you can tell us is about their naivety, well they have naively moved to the quarter finals while the German machine has masterfully exited the tournament
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
green4life wrote:
At U-20 level?????

Congrats to Zambia. They're doing quite well. Outlasting Germany at this level is no joke. :thumb:
They were ... dare I say it, naive. Giving up the ball with a rash shot on the German goal with about 25 seconds of injury time left, only for Germany to recover the ball and equalize at the last second of injury time. Their next opponent is gonna be France or Italy. If they don't wise up they will be summarily dumped out by either of those two.
Yeah, why stop at the Germans, why don't you ask me whether the Argentinians were naive too? Please enough with the whataboutery. Zambia just had to see the game out in the last 25 seconds, they had the ball in the German 3rd, 4 Zambians to 2 Germans on the counter. This is the time to pass the ball to the corner flag and wind the game down. Instead they take a rash shot on goal from distance! naively giving up possession to the Germans, which lead to a goal for the Germans in the very last second of play. If you don't see that as naive, then please move on.
Yes, I guess its only the Africans that are Naive right....Germany gave up 4 and you dont comment on their naivety yet you just sheepishly accept the same tired terms that Europeans have used to describe Africans for ages yet you are not consistent in applying the term

There is no whataboutrey here...its a fact Zambia won 4-3, if you cannot admit that their opponent was more naive, then you move on
They won the freaking game and all you can tell us is about their naivety, well they have naively moved to the quarter finals while the German machine has masterfully exited the tournament
Listen, I don't care about the Germans. I care about Zambia, so I will point out their mistakes. Go find a German supporter to nit pick Germany's faults all day. Africa naive this, Africa naive that. Please ditch the inferiority complex. Zambia were f*cking naive and that almost cost them the game. Let them try that nonsense against Italy and they will be back in Lusaka very quickly.

Wha choo looking at?!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Venezuelaaaaaaaaaaaa

[/video]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
green4life wrote:
At U-20 level?????

Listen, I don't care about the Germans. I care about Zambia, so I will point out their mistakes. Go find a German supporter to nit pick Germany's faults all day. Africa naive this, Africa naive that. Please ditch the inferiority complex. Zambia were f*cking naive and that almost cost them the game. Let them try that nonsense against Italy and they will be back in Lusaka very quickly.
Ah the good old, I care about Zambia clap trap, so you care about someone by trashing them and using tired rhetoric to describe them, yet Im the one with inferiority complex. You are not the only one who cares about them. They won the bloody game yet all you have for them is criticism, you think thats how to encourage them to greater heights?, give it up man- I'm glad you re not their coach or chief motivator, their poor spirits would have been shattered by your "care" :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ahhh (He biatch thot) Queen Futcha's usa bundled out of yet another competition. :D :D :D :D :D Music to my ears Hopefully Zambia take out those mobsters from Milan. I want a Venezuela Zambia final.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote: Listen, I don't care about the Germans. I care about Zambia, so I will point out their mistakes. Go find a German supporter to nit pick Germany's faults all day. Africa naive this, Africa naive that. Please ditch the inferiority complex. Zambia were f*cking naive and that almost cost them the game. Let them try that nonsense against Italy and they will be back in Lusaka very quickly.
Ah the good old, I care about Zambia clap trap, so you care about someone by trashing them and using tired rhetoric to describe them, yet Im the one with inferiority complex. You are not the only one who cares about them. They won the bloody game yet all you have for them is criticism, you think thats how to encourage them to greater heights?, give it up man- I'm glad you re not their coach or chief motivator, their poor spirits would have been shattered by your "care" :D
Ah, it is all about feelings for you. I am not here to tiptoe around your fragile sense of self worth. You must die a thousand deaths each day with that heavy odor of inferiority you drag around with you. :woot: Zambia were naive at the end of that game and were fortunate to win in ET. I hope their coach lambasted them for that("shattered spirits" :lol: or not) and that they correct that tendency or they will surely lose to Italy.

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:Venezuelaaaaaaaaaaaa

[/video]
this was five years before you went to Brasil, time flies... have you qualified since then?
[/video]
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote:Ahhh (He biatch thot) Queen Futcha's usa bundled out of yet another competition. :D :D :D :D :D Music to my ears Hopefully Zambia take out those mobsters from Milan. I want a Venezuela Zambia final.
useless thot, must be nice to jump from country to country, just like you jump from back seat to back seat while doing your 'job'.
Saints baby we did it
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote: this was five years before you went to Brasil, time flies... have you qualified since then?
this = when we WON the whole thing?

ok

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
green4life wrote:
At U-20 level?????

'Naive' is the age-worn cliche that I thought had died after it was roundly criticized on CE. It is a word "patronizingly" used for African teams.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote: this was five years before you went to Brasil, time flies... have you qualified since then?
this = when we WON the whole thing?

ok
yes, this refers to the video I posted(not rocket science)

have you qualified for the U20 World Cup since you were crowned champions?

Thanks in advance.
Saints baby we did it