U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U-20 WC THREAD - 2017

Post by General Trousers »

Chei Zambia ... Why now?

<
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote:Ahhh (He biatch thot) Queen Futcha's usa bundled out of yet another competition. :D :D :D :D :D Music to my ears Hopefully Zambia take out those mobsters from Milan. I want a Venezuela Zambia final.
Who are you going to curse next you two dollar thot?
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mcal wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Do you see what a clever team does? England at least trying to take the ball to the corner flag to kill off the game. And they have done it! England are in the semis!
...every team is clever, all it takes is for one bone headed player to not follow instruction.
he is referencing the Zambia game

Zambia playing with a man advantage and did not capitalize against Italy

England played 1 man down and did not fold

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

How many of them have been starting?
Fikayo Tomori
Josh Onomah
Dominic Solanke
Ademola Lookmn
Sheyi Ojo
Ovie Ejaria
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Zambia literally threw it away......it's the 21st century, for crying out loud....
that's why the europeans laugh at us
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I left the Zambia Italy game 15 minutes after the red card but I am not surprised that they lost. 1 goal and a man up and bombing forward leaving their rear open for counter-attacks. Instead of being measured and keeping possession all of them taking shots from miles away. I truly believe that's were we (Nigeria) have an edge over South African teams in general. I wouldn't say they are naive per-say but they are woeful at managing game situations. They play 4 goals up the same way they play four goals down which is the same way they play one man up and down. Who does that in this day and age? Teams practice going one man down all the time; it's not an automatic advantage anymore.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Gooner1 wrote:Zambia literally threw it away......it's the 21st century, for crying out loud....
that's why the europeans laugh at us
What are you talking about? Germany were much more naive (according to akamoke :lol: )

Anyway that is why I never stop shaking :mrgreen: when watching an African team on the world stage. Even if they are up by 2 goals and 2 players, you feel they will find a way to lose the game.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

airwolex wrote:I left the Zambia Italy game 15 minutes after the red card but I am not surprised that they lost. 1 goal and a man up and bombing forward leaving their rear open for counter-attacks. Instead of being measured and keeping possession all of them taking shots from miles away. I truly believe that's were we (Nigeria) have an edge over South African teams in general. I wouldn't say they are naive per-say but they are woeful at managing game situations. They play 4 goals up the same way they play four goals down which is the same way they play one man up and down. Who does that in this day and age? Teams practice going one man down all the time; it's not an automatic advantage anymore.

You have said it all, except I do not exempt us from this tendency. African teams lose games that they have no business losing over and over again due to tons of poor tactical decisions that compound each other. Our beloved SE have crumbled time and time again on the world stage and lost winnable games. The games against Greece, Sweden, Italy and France at the WC come to mind. The paralyzing fear I saw on the SE players' faces when Sani Kaita was sent off against Greece was something else. It was like they lost the game at that moment, even though they were still up by a goal.

Wha choo looking at?!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

anointed wrote:How many of them have been starting?
Fikayo Tomori
Josh Onomah
Dominic Solanke
Ademola Lookmn
Sheyi Ojo
Ovie Ejaria
:winking: just heard a BBC Reporter pronounced it "SHOWLANKY" :roll:
Last edited by Senator WIRES on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

King Futcha wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Ahhh (He biatch thot) Queen Futcha's usa bundled out of yet another competition. :D :D :D :D :D Music to my ears Hopefully Zambia take out those mobsters from Milan. I want a Venezuela Zambia final.
Who are you going to curse next you two dollar thot?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

SEMIS

URUGUAY : 6th semis
ENGLAND : 3rd
ITALY & VENEZUELA: 1st
Last edited by Man Ataye on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I just finished watching the rerun of the Zambia loss to 10 man italy. I'm tempted to pull out the 'naive african' card but in fairness, massive kudos goes to Italy's goalie who had a monster game reminiscent of Dino Zoff from Espana'82 WC. OK, slight exaggeration but you get the picture. Along with heroic goalie performance, Italy - as most good european teams do - then leaned on timely and well executed set plays to score the last 2 and close it out. That said, Zambia, while easy on the eyes, doesnt play much if any tactical football which explains why they never go all the way in any important tournament that matters. Well done tho for the moral victory.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

To be fair also Italy were ultra-cynical and this is the first indictment of the video referee, who missed a clear stamp on the Zambian player in extra time.

Italy should have been down to 9 men in a fair world. In this unfair cynical world the player that should've been red-carded, leaving Zambia to play 11 vs 9 for 30 minutes, ended up scoring the winner for Italy.

If this match had been refereed according to the rulebook Italy would not have won (at least not without penalties).
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Brings back memories of some other African team losing to 10 man Italy after being up by 1-0 until the 89th minute or so. Man, sometimes I really do not like Italy and their ugly, overly tactical football. You gotta mind your p's and q's when you play them.

Wha choo looking at?!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Brings back memories of some other African team losing to 10 man Italy after being up by 1-0 until the 89th minute or so. Man, sometimes I really do not like Italy and their ugly, overly tactical football. You gotta mind your p's and q's when you play them.
I hate them but at the same time admire them. Don't think any other team at the competition would have been able to pull something similar off.

That said a big ref error helped them win. So I hope we finally get to a point, where we get rid of such bollocks.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

marutimon wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Brings back memories of some other African team losing to 10 man Italy after being up by 1-0 until the 89th minute or so. Man, sometimes I really do not like Italy and their ugly, overly tactical football. You gotta mind your p's and q's when you play them.
I hate them but at the same time admire them. Don't think any other team at the competition would have been able to pull something similar off.

That said a big ref error helped them win. So I hope we finally get to a point, where we get rid of such bollocks.
Maybe Uruguay, yeah but you are right. Most of us have a love-hate relationship with Italian football. This tournament has VAR (video assistant refereeing). How did they not catch that error (not sending off the 2nd Italian player)?

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marutimon wrote:To be fair also Italy were ultra-cynical and this is the first indictment of the video referee, who missed a clear stamp on the Zambian player in extra time.

Italy should have been down to 9 men in a fair world. In this unfair cynical world the player that should've been red-carded, leaving Zambia to play 11 vs 9 for 30 minutes, ended up scoring the winner for Italy.

If this match had been refereed according to the rulebook Italy would not have won (at least not without penalties).
I hear you but still Zambia had a multitude of quality opportunities to kill the game in regulation. Refs are human beings - inherently imperfect. Meanwhile that same ref reduced Italy to 10 men in the first half and with Zambia already nursing a 1-0 lead. The thing is when you are on top of your opponent, you must make it count because you can be sure that that quality of opposition will surely carve out their own opportunities. Zambia was wasteful and it cost them not the ref.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

green4life wrote:
marutimon wrote:To be fair also Italy were ultra-cynical and this is the first indictment of the video referee, who missed a clear stamp on the Zambian player in extra time.

I hear you but still Zambia had a multitude of quality opportunities to kill the game in regulation. Refs are human beings - inherently imperfect. Meanwhile that same ref reduced Italy to 10 men in the first half and with Zambia already nursing a 1-0 lead. The thing is when you are on top of your opponent, you must make it count because you can be sure that that quality of opposition will surely carve out their own opportunities. Zambia was wasteful and it cost them not the ref.
Sure. They could have and should have killed the game.
But the facts are:
- The first red was a textbook red according to the rules
- The second Italy goal came off of an Italy dive
- Italy should have been down to 9 men after a dreadful stamp and the guy that shouldn't even be on the field won Italy the game.

So sure - attack the Zambian tactics, but don't sugarcoat the fact that Zambia got the short end of the stick with Italy manipulating the rulebook to their own cynical ends. If this had been played out according to the rulebook Zambia would likely have won the game (with a good chance of extra time going to penalties).
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

[/video]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote::curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

[/video]
please post some highlights from the last Ghana U20 World Cup match... thanks in advance.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Uruguay has not one anything outside s. America since the 1928 Olympiad . Can they break that spell????
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

marutimon wrote:
green4life wrote:

But the facts are:
- Italy should have been down to 9 men after a dreadful stamp and the guy that shouldn't even be on the field won Italy the game.

So sure - attack the Zambian tactics, but don't sugarcoat the fact that Zambia got the short end of the stick with Italy manipulating the rulebook to their own cynical ends. If this had been played out according to the rulebook Zambia would likely have won the game (with a good chance of extra time going to penalties).
Bro, that is a classic losers explanation (Not calling you a loser). Every club or country that has won something big does it at some point in time or another along the way. You will not always be able to dance your way all the way to the trophy. That will be naive thinking. Even Barca gets down and dirty when stuff hits the fan. They do whatever they need to do to win. So it's not just Italy but a common trait found in winners. Sometimes you will hit a brick wall. You will play 1 man down. And will even have to endure through questionable referee decisions: Yes, that too is part of the game. But you do what you need to do to win. History doesn't celebrate losers. Zambia has no credible explanation for the loss. And this wasn't even Italy's strongest team given many stayed behind to prepare for the Euro u-21 tourney this summer.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

green4life wrote:
marutimon wrote:
green4life wrote:

But the facts are:

Bro, that is a classic losers explanation (Not calling you a loser). Every club or country that has won something big does it at some point in time or another along the way. You will not always be able to dance your way all the way to the trophy. That will be naive thinking. Even Barca gets down and dirty when stuff hits the fan. They do whatever they need to do to win. So it's not just Italy but a common trait found in winners. Sometimes you will hit a brick wall. You will play 1 man down. And will even have to endure through questionable referee decisions: Yes, that too is part of the game. But you do what you need to do to win. History doesn't celebrate losers. Zambia has no credible explanation for the loss. And this wasn't even Italy's strongest team given many stayed behind to prepare for the Euro u-21 tourney this summer.
It's lazy to accept bad ref decisions to be part of the game. And secondly Barca is the dirtiest big team in football so terrible example.