Does Cameroon play only gra gra and wrestling football?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Does Cameroon play only gra gra and wrestling football?

Post by bamenda boy »

Or na just bad belleh?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Does Cameroon play only gra gra and wrestling football?

Post by omey2k4 »

who cares?As long as they beat midgets wearing yellow with big blackstars on their shirt im good..konk their heads..only time i no like cameroon is when they use wayo to beat us lol
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

bamenda boy wrote:Or na just bad belleh?

It is effective within Africa but outside our continent it will not work. Ask yourself why Cameroon has come back from the last two World Cups with zero points.
kamerun1
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun1 »

For the most part yes we are wrestlers. I mean Nigerians are not the only ones saying it. i visit regularly Dz forum (Algeria), Seneweb (Senegal), the Moroccan and tunisian ones and they all say the same thing. Cameroon is a physical side that plays with a lot of heart. They envy Cameroon's spirit but certainly not the players individual brilliance or technique. Everyone can not be saying the same ''lies''
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

kamerun1 wrote:
For the most part yes we are wrestlers. I mean Nigerians are not the only ones saying it. i visit regularly Dz forum (Algeria), Seneweb (Senegal), the Moroccan and tunisian ones and they all say the same thing. Cameroon is a physical side that plays with a lot of heart. They envy Cameroon's spirit but certainly not the players individual brilliance or technique. Everyone can not be saying the same ''lies''
Does this mean Cameroon never had technical players?
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kamerun1
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun1 »

joplass wrote:
kamerun1 wrote:
Cameroon did in the past...in fact many but not this current crop of players. The only technically gifeted player in this team is Bassogog and Choupo (but he didnt come). Thats a poor ratio ... talking of 23 players here
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

kamerun1 wrote:
joplass wrote:
kamerun1 wrote:
Cameroon did in the past...in fact many but not this current crop of players. The only technically gifeted player in this team is Bassogog and Choupo (but he didnt come). Thats a poor ratio ... talking of 23 players here
So Moukandjo is not technically gifted?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

camex wrote:
kamerun1 wrote:
joplass wrote:
kamerun1 wrote:
O ok so 3 out of 23, doesn't take away from his overall point, your guys are more brawn than brains and skills. But who cares do what works for you and play to your strengths pun intended
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

maceo4 wrote:
camex wrote:
kamerun1 wrote:
joplass wrote:
kamerun1 wrote:
O ok so 3 out of 23, doesn't take away from his overall point, your guys are more brawn than brains and skills. But who cares do what works for you and play to your strengths pun intended
And all along I was thinking that is the trademark of every team in every sport. You have a couple of talented guys then the rest bring their "no-brain" styles and win games.

In this Cameroon Ondoa, Teikeu, Ngadeu are very good as well.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

All this is academic as this gra-gra football has got Cameroon to the final. Well done to Les Lions. It is delusional, however, to think that this will work on the world stage. Can anyone imagine Argentina, Germany or Italy being out-muscled? It simply will not happen!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kamerun1 wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I like how Bassogog wrestled his way to the tournament MVP.
How about the wresting goal by Aboubakar?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:All this is academic as this gra-gra football has got Cameroon to the final. Well done to Les Lions. It is delusional, however, to think that this will work on the world stage. Can anyone imagine Argentina, Germany or Italy being out-muscled? It simply will not happen!
How did they reach the finals of the CC?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

bamenda boy wrote:I like how Bassogog wrestled his way to the tournament MVP.

Aboubakar's goal was a flying kick wrestling move :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Vince McMahonn is looking to recruit him as we speak.

Anyway, Cameroon played very well versus Ghana and Egypt. The country they used muscles for was Senegal...I pitied them, as Cameroon came out to wrestle :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Congrats to Cameroon. But do not become an irritant like Thiefco and Rawlings. It is boring and tedious.

Cameroun's ugly and horrible style of football is not my cup of tea, but it is effective and gets results. That's what counts to most Cameroonians.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Waffiman wrote:Congrats to Cameroon. But do not become an irritant like Thiefco and Rawlings. It is boring and tedious.

Cameroun's ugly and horrible style of football is not my cup of tea, but it is effective and gets results. That's what counts to most Cameroonians.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
This is not club football, where coaches can buy players. We play with the players we have not with the ones we wish we had.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

camex wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Congrats to Cameroon. But do not become an irritant like Thiefco and Rawlings. It is boring and tedious.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
This is not club football, where coaches can buy players. We play with the players we have not with the ones we wish we had.
Spot on.

It is also why (apart from the obvious patriotic reasons) I will always rate international football over club football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Aboubakar's goal was a flying kick wrestling move :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Vince McMahonn is looking to recruit him as we speak.

Anyway, Cameroon played very well versus Ghana and Egypt. The country they used muscles for was Senegal...I pitied them, as Cameroon came out to wrestle :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Senegalese players are physically stronger and taller than Cameroonians. How could we out muscle them?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I think it's a gargantuan travesty to suggest Cameroon only play "gra gra" and " wrestling" football.

One must add "Orthopaedic" and " anti vegetations" to that list, at a minimum.

Cameroon is the only team with players capable of running half the length of the pitch with their eyes closed and slide tackling, with unerring precision, removing the only blade of grass left on the field with their stud and not disturbing the soil around the grass.

If they are not trying to send their opponents to the hospital, they are trying to create soil erosions. Nonsense
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

bamenda boy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Senegalese players are physically stronger and taller than Cameroonians. How could we out muscle them?
Senegalese players are taller and willowy but not physically stronger than Cameroonians.
I am happy