Ahmed Musa's Planned Sports Complex..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ahmed Musa's Planned Sports Complex..

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ahmed Musa's Planned Sports Complex..

Post by kolinzo »

Good for the brother. He likes is place, unlike those guys that just want to die in Lagos even as they didn't grow up there. Good stuff.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kolinzo wrote:Good for the brother. He likes is place, unlike those guys that just want to die in Lagos even as they didn't grow up there. Good stuff.
Bros,

If it is a commercial project, then it is best you set it up close to where the market exists. That is why people go to Lagos rather than set up stuff in Enugu Ezike for instance whether the person is from Enugu Ezike or not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Enugu II wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Good for the brother. He likes is place, unlike those guys that just want to die in Lagos even as they didn't grow up there. Good stuff.
Bros,

If it is a commercial project, then it is best you set it up close to where the market exists. That is why people go to Lagos rather than set up stuff in Enugu Ezike for instance whether the person is from Enugu Ezike or not.
Sir, but the market can exist in Enugu as well. It's about creating necessity and finding ways for people to patronize you. For instance Shopprite(sp) is almost every where in Naija today despite the fact that we have our local markets everywhere. The problem with most of us is that we lack creativity. Enugu has enough human beings for any commercial projects. We just want to make cash at a quick rate, therefore, we think Lagos is the only place. It's high time we started developing our various cities instead of just investing everything in Lagos.

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

kolinzo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bros,

Sir, but the market can exist in Enugu as well. It's about creating necessity and finding ways for people to patronize you. For instance Shopprite(sp) is almost every where in Naija today despite the fact that we have our local markets everywhere. The problem with most of us is that we lack creativity. Enugu has enough human beings for any commercial projects. We just want to make cash at a quick rate, therefore, we think Lagos is the only place. It's high time we started developing our various cities instead of just investing everything in Lagos.

Sure. It can exist in Enugu-Ezike. However, there are those who think scale and income availability. I certainly will not criticize them for a commercial choice over hometown sentiment.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Is this a charity or business venture from Musa? Infrastructure is always good, jobs are created, opportunities appear.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Kolinzo Are you so lazy that you both have to use same avatar as Felarey; talking about diversification away from Lagos - there was an article here on how Lagos is underdeveloping rest of Nigeria. Infrastructures are main reasons people run to Lagos. Rest of Nigeria is begging for infrastructure and people would stop running to Lagos the sooner they have alternate facilities in their own Enugu ezike. And for your information Enugu-ezike referred to is rather figurative & a much more small town and not same as Enugu the Capital City as you tended to think
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
Bros,

...why that? Enugu-Ezike is a village vs Kano, a state or city.
Abeg strike off the Ezike and mention cities in the southern half of the country, there are many of them.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bros,

...why that? Enugu-Ezike is a village vs Kano, a state or city.
Abeg strike off the Ezike and mention cities in the southern half of the country, there are many of them.
mcal,

But do people not grow up in Enugu -Ezike? See highlighted. That explains use of Enugu-Ezike as example.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Enugu II wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Bros,

Sure. It can exist in Enugu-Ezike. However, there are those who think scale and income availability. I certainly will not criticize them for a commercial choice over hometown sentiment.
Jette has made me to understand that Enugu-Ezike is a village in the east, therefore, I totally understand. I just don't understand those who grew up in the next big town to Enugu, Owo, Ikire, Owerre, Oshogob etc (and I believe these towns have more than 100,000 humans and lots of surrounding towns) creating job opportunities somewhere else.

For an example (and I know this is about soccer but allow me to rant and rave here a little), Owo (the ancient city I was raised) finally has better hotels after many decades. Few of the sons of Owo just got tired of the nonsense paraded as hotels and decided to spend millions of dollars (not Naira) to create something befitting with full understanding of income availability there.

I don't think I am criticizing anybody for creating job opportunities anywhere in Nigeria, but I am very conscious of the fact that developing Lagos is creating problems everywhere else -and will eventually cause problems for Lagos.

***Breda = Br****
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I find myself agreeing with Kolinzo. This is notwithstanding that Kano is one of the most populated cities in Nigeria and when it comes to sports craze they are also near the top. This was a no brainer for Musa. More kudos to his endeavor. Besides, money can be made in any major Nigerian town and there are many of them. Also keep in mind that some of these towns/cities are in relatively close proximity within each other. For instance, Owerri is only approximately 1 hour drive from Port Harcourt and Onitsha. This partly explains why a some of the hotels in Owerri (Million plus dollar investments) are built by Anambara business men while being patronized by customers as far away as Port Harcourt. Owerri in isolation could never serve as a basis for such financial investment but when considered in view as a larger metropolis reaching into multiple neighboring states, the decision becomes more financially viable.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

In Naija, plans never equate to action

what ever happened to Okocha's sports complex and Kanu's Cancer center?
were they ever built?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar