New Zambia jersey......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: New Zambia jersey......

Post by metalalloy »

Nice clean jersey!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

bret- hart wrote:Green and White are not that bad. there are sports teams who use green and white colors and theses jerseys are iconic eg the Boston Celtics, Glasgow Celtics, Mexico NTS etc. If you get a good designer and a kit company that gives a damn, they can design good Jerseys for Nigeria. I don't know why we always have to beg Nike and Adidas to kit us. If I were the NFF, I would look to JOMA, Hummel, and whoever is kitting Zambia. I'm sure they will do a much better job.
I thought that the NFA/NFF had good options but picked the cheapest design and pocketed the difference.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
Odas wrote:By the way, does a team's Jersey boost the team's morale? Just asking!
Some research in the past has suggested so.
Hmm, really? Thanks Damunk for the input - anyway.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
oloye wrote:If i curse the people responsible for the rubbish rags they put on our boys calling it jersey, it will take 20 generations before it will be lifted. Look at Zambia are they from another planet? That jersey gets a 10/10. I hope their football ability can match up!
I must say the Jersey is tasty. Not too much overbearing colors.
This is the same addidas that clothed us with what i must call the worst jersey in our footballing history :mad:
Lets not forget that the Zambian national flag colours (4 colours) give more room to play around with design.
On our part we have only green and white - and green is extremely limiting. I always ask, how many green shirts, jackets or trousers do any of us here have? I used to have one leaf-green jacket that today would be so naff. No green shirts or trousers.

Green is probably one of the least attractive colours fashion wise, so its not entirely anyone's fault.
We need to adopt a third colour to allow us have more design options. Its not by force we have to stick to green and white exclusively.
Green sucks.
Excuses my bro..excuses. The US 94 jerseys says these are just excuses. I am not asking them to play around with colours,there is enough to play with when you have green and white, a an eagle with colour black. A mind that is seeking what is good rather than to fill their corrupt belly can come up with something decent as opposed to that garish rag going for a jersey. People have come up here with green and white designs..these folks are not from planet mars.

I remember the story about brasil's jersey,how they asked for people to send in designs. If they are bereft of ideas, they ask the publoc for suggestions, they should do a simple competition of fans sending in their designs with a simple price of 10k naira. They will be amazed how creative Nigerians can be with those colours.
Our best designs (IMHO) have been predominantly white with green highlights, the 1994 jersey being my all-time favorite (even though there are those Nigerians that have described it as a 'pyjama-top') :D .
My point though is that our green is a limiting factor.
Nigerians even here on CE have come up with some brilliant designs from GWG, but I have a feeling that the Adidas and Nikes of this world rely solely on their own designers who they probably pay an absolute fortune rather than allow ordinary folks like us to give them ideas.
Oloye, that 94 Jersey are not all that. If worn with the green shorts it gets a little better but the up and down one is just terrible.

@Damunk, I am one of those that thinks that Jersey is almost as bad as 2002 Jersey. I prefer our last jersey and yes green is hard to work with.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
Odas wrote:By the way, does a team's Jersey boost the team's morale? Just asking!
Probably but temporarily until the novelty wears off like the effect of a new car. Money does a better job of keeping morale high for longer :tic:
... I think so too. In fact, I think money does it all :D :D :D :D
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

platinum wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:Harambee Stars of Kenya will probably wear the same.... :?

No such luck.
Fitting Design for them. The designer couldn't make up his mind whether to pretend they play football over there and design accordingly, but his conscience prevailed and he designed a 'lol' one for them. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I think also that Nigeria should not confine itself to use ONLY of the colors of the national flag. Several national teams do not do this and neither is it necessary. Consider Mexico (below) using black, England using black, and Uruguay using black when black is not in the flag of any of those countries. Further, Senegal and Mali using white when there is no white in their national flags.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Senator WIRES wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Nice kit. Huge departure from loud colours of some African kits which are downright ugly :D
pajimoh wrote:
I must say the Jersey is tasty. Not too much overbearing colors.
Are you guys African?

When I step out of my African hut, I see more colors in nature around me, than I see in a rainbow.
:P Samora has been brainwashed after many dark nights and dark clothings in Scottish graveyard :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q