Peterside Idah: I was Like a Slave to Amokachi......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peterside Idah: I was Like a Slave to Amokachi......

Post by oloye »

Eaglezbeak wrote:What is the relevance of this guy?
He is just sharing his experience now..haba :lol: He was once the national team keeper you know, so he is very much relevant.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Oloye, who was the most cockiest of them all. :sneaky:
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Now talk of Mutiu ....the most humble of them all, he is one lad who loves to be with his buddies we the home lads. As for Yeking...he was another down to earth one, in fact you will have to be reminded he is based abroad. He would have the camp in stiches with his jokes, with Mutiu you know where to find him..in the midst of the talakwas.
HEADMASTER!!! :clap: :clap: I 've always had the utmost respect for dis guy
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bamenda boy wrote:Oloye, who was the most cockiest of them all. :sneaky:
ETO'O
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:The truth is being a local based player was a bad experience in the camp then, the gap in class was just too wide, you have to be very very confident in yourself to even be able to stand up.
I mean these guys stroll into camp in their flashy cars , speaking french and even german language. You cannot even sit in their midst ...for crying out loud they are speaking in french and discussing how they are going to play against Oliver Khan, Vialli or some other widely known stars that you read about or watch on tv. Who born you? All we do is bunch up together like a bunch of star struck kids...to eavesdrop on the jist where they are generous enough to speak in english.

The youngest ones in the camp them were the richest and the flashiest. JJ was JJ very flashy and naughty...he was not proud or arrogant but he had this way of staying to himself. He was close with Amo...you are most likely to see the two together.

Ikpeba was flashy, arrogant, brash and loud...he was a typical bini boy, he speaks english sparingly..the prince of Monaco thingy i think got into hos head.

Amo was flash, strange he was trying to put on this image of an ajebota which i find baffling..he speaks with the typical naija posh ajebota accent..a bit of cockiness. But these three were young then and they acted it.

Amuneke was different, even when he signed that mega deal that took him from Zamalek to Portugal, he was still down to earth. I remember my first time in camp he was the one who came to me to ask me if i remember the last time we played against one another.

Finidi was another one, he would float with the foreign crew when he had to, but he would not hesistate to be seen in the midst of the local lads.

I enjoyed the company of Uche Okafor and Iroha more, these two i know very well back in the league having played each other severally in their days as eyimba stars in the lower divisions.

They appear not to be accepted into the clib of the young and rich boys, so they formed themselves into what i would call the elders. Of course the Aba bond was strong as Uche Okey belongs here too. Now talking of Uche Okey, to be honest he was the biggest star in the 90s even money wise, he was a big star in Turkey, but he was a gentle guy...a cool guy whom you will hardly hear speak.

Now talk of Mutiu ....the most humble of them all, he is one lad who loves to be with his buddies we the home lads. As for Yeking...he was another down to earth one, in fact you will have to be reminded he is based abroad. He would have the camp in stiches with his jokes, with Mutiu you know where to find him..in the midst of the talakwas.

Baba Keshi was the boss,the aura around him was unbelievable,i doubt of anyone would ever wield such in the national team again. I was reading Ajibade's story how he used to leave the room for Keshi just because he was too intimidated to be in the same room. It was only when Keshi called him and told him to stop behaving like that he could muster the courage.

Eguavoen was a perfect gentleman, forget his hardman image on the field. If Ikpeba cut the image of a bini guy from Akpakpava area,Egu cuts the image of the bini man from the GRA.

Truth is the gap was too wide ,you have to be there to understand what Peterside is trying to narrate here!
Na wa o! see as you waya bini boys. Wetin dem do you?
Ikpeba was a real hooligan. Was he not the one who allegedly told a home-based teammate that went to celebrate with him after scoring "na you and who be mate wey you want hug"?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When Westerhoff wanted to drop him from the WC 94 team for in form Babangida...he sent some area boys to threaten Westerhoff to toe the line and bot to mess up with the prince of Monaco! Geez bobo was something else, je will waka pass the home lads like they were from the an ebola ingested region.
IKPEBA!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: You want a Prince to mingle with the peasants?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

metalalloy wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Oloye, who was the most cockiest of them all. :sneaky:
ETO'O
He said cockiest not huggiest :lol:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf:
That line stuck out to me as well. Odd turn of phrase.
The YeyeMan wrote:
"When we went for a game in Ethiopia, he would bring out a wallet full of dollars and ask "oh boy you go drink coke?" But meanwhile, on the table there is a bundle of dollars. it was a very intimidating. And you cannot steal it because he is your teammate, it's not fair.
So it'd be fair to steal if he wasn't a team mate?