London Evening Standard on Tammy Abraham, Nigeria & England

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: London Evening Standard on Tammy Abraham, Nigeria & Engl

Post by Damunk »

smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He'd be nice to have but we also have Osihmen, nacho and Awoniyi. No biggie if he chooses the 2 England caps he'd gonna get.
I agree.
Let's get real a minute.
We are talking about the WC here...the very pinnacle of football performance. These three players mentioned are all still in transition from being youth players to fully accomplished internationals. There is absolutely NO guarantee that they will turn out to be top class. Its a hit and miss situation, so why limit our chances?

If we truly want to be world-beaters, we can't afford to EVER believe that 'we are sorted' in any department until we actually have some of the acknowledged 'world's best' kitting up in the beloved GWG.
You think Abraham is more likely to become world class than Nacho? :woot: :woot:
(I agree your underlying point about not being complacent in the search for talent)
Its impossible to tell. All we can go on is their relative performances in the adult game - Nacho in very limited playing time at the top level and Tammy with extensive playing time one level down. Both have done extremely well.
At that age, there is all to play for as they say and anything can still happen. Unless you are a Messi or Ronaldo, I find it too close to call who will be a world beater and who wouldnt.
Youth history, in football seems to be a relatively poor predictive tool.

Out of interest it would be nice to know what the following players were doing at age 20:
Ronaldo
Messi
Robben
Neymar
Ibrahimovic
Iniesta
Bale
Griezmann
Hazard
Aguero
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

At best Tammy Abraham is a poor man's Sadiq Umar. Abraham should take a look at the likes of Onuoha, Agbonlahor and Ibe. If he does not want us, pls i beg let him go.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:At best Tammy Abraham is a poor man's Sadiq Umar. Abraham should take a look at the likes of Onuoha, Agbonlahor and Ibe. If he does not want us, pls i beg let him go.
Not sure about that one o.
What's happening with Sadiq nowadays by the way?
His close friend Nura Abdullahi of Roma appears to be still recovering from injury
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He'd be nice to have but we also have Osihmen, nacho and Awoniyi. No biggie if he chooses the 2 England caps he'd gonna get.
I agree.
Let's get real a minute.
We are talking about the WC here...the very pinnacle of football performance. These three players mentioned are all still in transition from being youth players to fully accomplished internationals. There is absolutely NO guarantee that they will turn out to be top class. Its a hit and miss situation, so why limit our chances?

If we truly want to be world-beaters, we can't afford to EVER believe that 'we are sorted' in any department until we actually have some of the acknowledged 'world's best' kitting up in the beloved GWG.
You think Abraham is more likely to become world class than Nacho? :woot: :woot:
(I agree your underlying point about not being complacent in the search for talent)

Worry for Nacho is this could be his peak and he cannot get any better. So is the case with all our past young promising talents – Aghahowa Martins and Obinna could have lead Nigeria to a Wcup final if they kept up the talent they shown when they were 18/19yrs
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Tammy will be playing in the PL coming season. With Brighton and Newoldcastle showing interest.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ume-ugo
Egg
Egg

Post by ume-ugo »

walesvilla wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
I agree.
Let's get real a minute.

Worry for Nacho is this could be his peak and he cannot get any better. So is the case with all our past young promising talents – Aghahowa Martins and Obinna could have lead Nigeria to a Wcup final if they kept up the talent they shown when they were 18/19yrs
You watched Aghawonder at 19? Martins and Nsofor as well? I would love to see some clips.
Nacho has not reached his peak.
Iron mustu obey!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

walesvilla wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
I agree.
Let's get real a minute.

Honestly I think Kelechi is over his peak and it seems he knows it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

balo wrote:Tammy will be playing in the PL coming season. With Brighton and Newoldcastle showing interest.
He's with Swansea on loan. Starts today v Man Utd.
And guess what?
He's been given the No 10 shirt for the season!.
That's a heavy responsibility....
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
I am watching the game. He has been poor. Done nothing all game. Wouldn't be surprised if he's subbed off.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bushboy wrote:^^^
I am watching the game. He has been poor. Done nothing all game. Wouldn't be surprised if he's subbed off.

He has missed some chances but the Ghana man has come up short with his final ball when Tammy has been in great positions
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.