Big Sam resigns as Crystal Palace coach.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Big Sam resigns as Crystal Palace coach.

Post by deanotito »

smartbrother wrote:
deanotito wrote:
smartbrother wrote:^^ he is an all-time great at performing cpr on relegation threatened sides
when it comes to building solid top 10 sides with time and money at his disposal, he is mediocre at best
very smart of him take a break until the next desperate epl team sacks its manager and comes begging for his services
that way he can name his price , work for only 3 months in the year ,make a killing and go back into hibernation. a perfect business model
Not true. He built Bolton into a bonafide top 7 side. Had he not been tempted by Newcastle, he and Bolton were the perfect match. Yes, he's not a top 4 guy...but he definitely a top 10-er.
Nonsense. Bolton is not the only team he has managed.
Its been a decade since he managed Bolton.
During which time he has managed WestHam, Blackburn and many other sides.
Going by your logic, David O leary is a "bonafide" top 10 manager
What I said was pretty clear. Bolton's Premier League positioning in Sam's tenure was: 16, 8, 8, 6, 8, 7*

He resigns from Bolton 2 games before the end, and signs for Newcastle...a bigger club that thought he could get them over the top. Didn't last the season

Gets drafted to 19th place Blackburn in December to pull a Houdini. He pulls it. They finish 15th. Next 2 season he is in charge, they finish 10th. He's sacked midway into his final season - when they were 13th. They finished the season under his assistant at 13th.

The next year, he was appointed West Ham Manager, who had just been relegated. He then got them promotion to the Premier League in his first season. In the Premier league, he placed 10, 13, 12 in his time there. Gets fired...and then gets hired by 19th placed Sunderland to pull another Houdini. Pulls it. They finish 17th.

Then he gets hired by England.

If you analyze his non-Houdini record, its pretty clear that Allardyce knows how to finish top-10, and is more of a top-10er than you cared to research. Calling him "mediocre at best in building top 10 sides" is ignorant.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

deanotito wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
deanotito wrote:
smartbrother wrote:^^ he is an all-time great at performing cpr on relegation threatened sides
when it comes to building solid top 10 sides with time and money at his disposal, he is mediocre at best
very smart of him take a break until the next desperate epl team sacks its manager and comes begging for his services
that way he can name his price , work for only 3 months in the year ,make a killing and go back into hibernation. a perfect business model
Not true. He built Bolton into a bonafide top 7 side. Had he not been tempted by Newcastle, he and Bolton were the perfect match. Yes, he's not a top 4 guy...but he definitely a top 10-er.
Nonsense. Bolton is not the only team he has managed.
Its been a decade since he managed Bolton.
During which time he has managed WestHam, Blackburn and many other sides.
Going by your logic, David O leary is a "bonafide" top 10 manager
What I said was pretty clear. Bolton's Premier League positioning in Sam's tenure was: 16, 8, 8, 6, 8, 7*

He resigns from Bolton 2 games before the end, and signs for Newcastle...a bigger club that thought he could get them over the top. Didn't last the season

Gets drafted to 19th place Blackburn in December to pull a Houdini. He pulls it. They finish 15th. Next 2 season he is in charge, they finish 10th. He's sacked midway into his final season - when they were 13th. They finished the season under his assistant at 13th.

The next year, he was appointed West Ham Manager, who had just been relegated. He then got them promotion to the Premier League in his first season. In the Premier league, he placed 10, 13, 12 in his time there. Gets fired...and then gets hired by 19th placed Sunderland to pull another Houdini. Pulls it. They finish 17th.

Then he gets hired by England.

If you analyze his non-Houdini record, its pretty clear that Allardyce knows how to finish top-10, and is more of a top-10er than you cared to research. Calling him "mediocre at best in building top 10 sides" is ignorant.
I did not call him "mediocre at best at building top 10 sides" as you dishonestly claim
I said he was "mediocre at best at building solid top 10 sides" .
If you engaged your comprehension faculties you'd understand the difference
your weird, long winded reply merely contradicts your ignorant argument.
according to you, his record over the last decade is as follows:
10th, 13th, 12th at westham.
15th, 10th and 13th at blackburn.
17th Sunderland
14th Crystal Palace.
Is that the record of someone who excels at "building solid top 10 sides" as i initially contended ? Use your brain.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:After Tony Pulis kept Palace up and won Manager of the season. Things got bad between Parish and Pulis.

Steve Parish, it is alleged, shouted at Tony Pulis at the hotel dinning hall, the following:

"This is Crystal Palace, not Crystal Fuckin Pulis". He (Parish) sacked Pulis in the spot, but he has won every cases against Pulis since.

Do not understand the game anymore.
I don't know why you keep repeating this story which is quite obviously false as was proved by the court case between the two.
Pulis asked Parish to pay his bonus for saving Crystal Palace from relegation early on the pretext that he wanted to buy some land for daughter. Pulis resigned immediately the bonus was paid and Paris successfully sued for the return of the bonus because Pulis had resigned before the bonus was due to be paid.
The facts were discussed quite extensively in the press after the case and subsequent appeal.
The court submissions did not go into this ALLEGED incident in detail, cos it was inconsequential. So I don't why you refer to an alleged incident as false.

What you have stated above is BS and has no relevance to what I posted.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:After Tony Pulis kept Palace up and won Manager of the season. Things got bad between Parish and Pulis.

Steve Parish, it is alleged, shouted at Tony Pulis at the hotel dinning hall, the following:

"This is Crystal Palace, not Crystal Fuckin Pulis". He (Parish) sacked Pulis in the spot, but he has won every cases against Pulis since.

I don't know why you keep repeating this story which is quite obviously false as was proved by the court case between the two.
Pulis asked Parish to pay his bonus for saving Crystal Palace from relegation early on the pretext that he wanted to buy some land for daughter. Pulis resigned immediately the bonus was paid and Paris successfully sued for the return of the bonus because Pulis had resigned before the bonus was due to be paid.
The facts were discussed quite extensively in the press after the case and subsequent appeal.
The court submissions did not go into this ALLEGED incident in detail, cos it was inconsequential. So I don't why you refer to an alleged incident as false.

You really are full of it.
You claim that Parish sacked Pulis after an alleged incident which exists mainly in your imagination whilst a basic google search will tell you that Pulis resigned after persuading Parish to pay his bonus early
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-38136496
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -judgment/
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Marco Silva self don depart Hull. He won't be going down with them
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

You claim that Parish sacked Pulis after an alleged incident which exists mainly in your imagination whilst a basic google search will tell you that Pulis resigned after persuading Parish to pay his bonus early
You are full of it and foul. I have not claimed a thing, it is you who has. What a.........

Note my use of the word ALLEGED. All I have stated is an allegation or allegations. You can post your crap links, all I have made are allegations. Get a farkin life.

Also , go get some help with comprehension.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

balo wrote:Marco Silva self don depart Hull. He won't be going down with them
He has offers all over Europe. What really surprised me about him was how long he was out of a job following his problems at Olympiakos. This gave Hull a chance at a very talented man and Coach.

I say this, I have followed him from his first job in Portugal. I remember saying how much I fancied his Olympiakos team to cause an upset when he came to the Emirates. If Wenger moves on and he gets the Arsenal job, I will be very glad, cos he is my first choice. That's how much I rate him.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

You are full of it and foul. I have not claimed a thing, it is you who has. What a.........

Note my use of the word ALLEGED. All I have stated is an allegation or allegations. You can post your crap links, all I have made are allegations. Get a farkin life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You sound like a 9 year old boy who's just been told he can't have any ice cream after his dinner.
You made a fallacious statement, you were corrected and now you're throwing your toys out of the pram like a spoilt little brat. boo hoo hoo
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

You sound like a 9 year old boy who's just been told he can't have any ice cream after his dinner.
You made a fallacious statement, you were corrected and now you're throwing your toys out of the pram like a spoilt little brat. boo hoo hoo
Nope! I called you out on your BS.

Nothing fallacious about stating an act or incident was an allegation. Despite your revisionists attempts
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Take it easy on one of emirate faith .
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
toyin133 wrote:

Nope! I called you out on your BS.

Nothing fallacious about stating an act or incident was an allegation. Despite your revisionists attempts
What part of what I wrote is BS or untrue? What part is revisionist? Do you even understand some of the words you use in a pathetic attempt to appear too clever?
I'm going to bed, I don't have the time to argue with snotty brats at this time of the night.
Danny Blanchflower
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

toyin133 wrote: What part of what I wrote is BS or untrue? What part is revisionist? Do you even understand some of the words you use in a pathetic attempt to appear too clever?
I'm going to bed, I don't have the time to argue with snotty brats at this time of the night.

All these Spurs fans, no respeck any more. :twisted:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Thunder fire Wenger big time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

See how Toyin dey open mouth wey him never brush teeth since the Premier league started dey flex with a whole Waffi. :twisted: :twisted:

Chei. Next season's gonna be loooooong :? :twisted: :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:Thunder fire Wenger big time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

See how Toyin dey open mouth wey him never brush teeth since the Premier league started dey flex with a whole Waffi. :twisted: :twisted:

Chei. Next season's gonna be loooooong :? :twisted: :mad:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: