Kelechi Iheanacho 'happy to stay at Manchester City...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kelechi Iheanacho 'happy to stay at Manchester City...

Post by King Futcha »

To each his or her own.

Kelechi Iheanacho is ignoring the speculation over his future and intends to start next season as a Manchester City player.

Speculation has increased over the striker's future after he slipped down the pecking order at City following the arrival of Gabriel Jesus in January.

Premier League sides West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United and Leicester City have all been linked with moves for the 20-year-old along with Bundesliga sides Hoffenheim and Borussia Dortmund with City reportedly ready to listen to offers of around £20 million.

However, Iheanacho told reporters that he expects to be part of City's preseason tour party for the United States in July.

Asked about the transfer speculation, he said: "I'm not very aware of that. I just keep working with the team and I'm still at Manchester City so I'll meet up with the boys and kick off the season with Manchester City.

"I'm happy to stay at Manchester City and keep fighting to help them achieve what they want to achieve."

Iheanacho has seven goals in all competitions this season but has played just 130 minutes in the Premier League since the turn of the year when Gabriel joined the first team squad.

"Manchester City is a big team and we need to go far as a squad so we need everybody," Iheanacho added.

"Of course everyone is competing but we compete as a team. The manager can only pick 11 players so everyone is working, doing well and giving 100 percent. So we keep working and see what comes around next season."

Iheanacho says he has enjoyed his first season working under manager Pep Guardiola and expects the team to be more competitive in the new campaign.

"He's a great manager. He's one of the best managers in the world -- probably the best -- so I've learnt, he's taught me a lot," he said.

"He knows football so I'm happy to be his player and to play for him in the team. I'm happy he's my manager. I'm very, very lucky to have him as my manager in the team.

"We don't have silverware this season so of course there's going to be a bit of disappointment. We finished very well this season in the top four and qualified for the Champions League next season.

"The Premier League is not easy. Next season we're going to come back stronger and it's going to be a better season from us."

Jonathan is ESPN FC's Manchester City correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @jonnysmiffy.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3133005/kel ... p-fighting
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho 'happy to stay at Manchester City...

Post by Ugbowo »

Typical player speak.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Kelechii who ? He is past. We are now talking about the real deal HENRY ONYEKURU
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

He is obviously being diplomatic.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ugbowo wrote:Typical player speak.
Exactly. What do they expect him to say? He's a professional footballer under contract.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

green4life wrote:
Exactly. What do they expect him to say? He's a professional footballer under contract.
also a professional soccer player :)... under contract

"Today, if I have to move, it will not be a problem for me," he said. "It may be England, which is in fashion, Germany, China or the United States, I'm ready to go."

nothing wrong with saying you're looking for a move... I wouldn't doubt if he does want to stay at City, he is too good to move to some of the clubs he's been linked to.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He needs to get rid of that "very very happy" phrase from his comments when speaking about his being at Man City. "Very Very happy" does not exude confidence in the Western world. He should watch press conferences from top professional players around the world and learn from it..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ogasir wrote:He is obviously being diplomatic.
...at his tender age of 20, I guess he has matured past many here on CE who want him to speak otherwise.
Many Nigerians don't understand the term diplomatic wording of sentences.
Kudos to him for saying what he said and how he said it all, even if things are tough for him.
You don't play your cards in the open and let your detractors laugh at you if and when things go wrong.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:He needs to get rid of that "very very happy" phrase from his comments when speaking about his being at Man City. "Very Very happy" does not exude confidence in the Western world. He should watch press conferences from top professional players around the world and learn from it..
he will get there gradually .. so how far you dey BBQ this memorial day weekend.. by the way how the heck cold front just hit H-won , we dey almost June.. but rest assured it no go cold this weekend , so make sure your BBQ pit dey on point
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

As long as he stays far away from the SE I am Ok. He does what he is for him. Nigeria does what it is good for her. Should Nigeria qualify for the world cup and the situation remain the same next season with Nacho and we pick him, I will guarantee that he will perform poorly at the mundial. I have seen it happen to better players than him- Victor Moses etc.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

bully12 wrote:Kelechii who ? He is past. We are now talking about the real deal HENRY ONYEKURU
The way Kelechi is going he may soon be a second fiddle as other up coming players like onyekuru, Moses,etebo e.t.c will soon get better clubs and play consistently.

This is the time for him to leave either on loan or permanently out from city.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:He needs to get rid of that "very very happy" phrase from his comments when speaking about his being at Man City. "Very Very happy" does not exude confidence in the Western world. He should watch press conferences from top professional players around the world and learn from it..
he will get there gradually .. so how far you dey BBQ this memorial day weekend.. by the way how the heck cold front just hit H-won , we dey almost June.. but rest assured it no go cold this weekend , so make sure your BBQ pit dey on point
I go need you need to dey blow the fire. When you go land?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

highbury wrote:As long as he stays far away from the SE I am Ok. He does what he is for him. Nigeria does what it is good for her. Should Nigeria qualify for the world cup and the situation remain the same next season with Nacho and we pick him, I will guarantee that he will perform poorly at the mundial. I have seen it happen to better players than him- Victor Moses etc.
It's not up to him he can beg if he wants but City will sell him anyway!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Nacho is not stupid. He is clearly following the advice of his advisers. There is no way he will get a good opportunity to play for ManCity as long as Pep is in charge, not because he is bad, but because the manager is marching to the beat of a different drummer.

Nacho also knows that of all the areas in which the national team may be weak, upfront is competitive and is growing increasingly so. The prospects of watching the next World Cup from a couch in Nnewi or Aba while his friends play to come and tell him about it, haba!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

From his mannerisms and his way of speaking the boy does not have any ambition . He is definitely satisfied being associated with a big team . He just wants to go by name the Kelechi man city player. Look at Onyekuru who wants higher accomplishments furiously demanded a transfer in January from his team . He was unvarnished about it not so called being diplomatic . Only a tree knows it is time to cut it down and does nothing about it. The boy should instantaneously dropped from National team. He only wants to play actively with the national team. The boy is obviously diffident and deliberately wants hide his weaknesses from riding the bench in his called a big team. His attitude is very appalling . His kind is not needed close SE before he infects others with his lackadaisical deportment . I thought Mikel takes a cake for being perfunctory with his career this boy is far worse and does not have any comparison .
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Exactly. I doubt if he is intelligent and experienced enough to be diplomatic. He sounds like someone who still can't believe his luck! I don't think kele is going anywhere. The irony is that he is even the lowest earning player there, with just 10k per week! While someone like sterling earns 100k a week!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Greizman has given Atletico good service, there's a difference between openly talking of a time to move on after reaching the ceiling for a club and openly talking of wanting out, at the beginning of one's career due to playing time. It may indeed be better for Kelechi to secure a move elsewhere but being overt about his intentions may disuade potential buyers. Through the choreographed, clichéd response, Iheanacho has painted himself as the model professional, the willing student and a subscriber to the belief that doubled effort on the training ground can earn him favour. Spoken through a smile more crooked than a J.Cole classic, brilliantly. Welldone to Kelechi, a potential banana skin has been avoided.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Coach wrote:Greizman has given Atletico good service, there's a difference between openly talking of a time to move on after reaching the ceiling for a club and openly talking of wanting out, at the beginning of one's career due to playing time. It may indeed be better for Kelechi to secure a move elsewhere but being overt about his intentions may disuade potential buyers. Through the choreographed, clichéd response, Iheanacho has painted himself as the model professional, the willing student and a subscriber to the belief that doubled effort on the training ground can earn him favour. Spoken through a smile more crooked than a J.Cole classic, brilliantly. Welldone to Kelechi, a potential banana skin has been avoided.
kpom
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

King Futcha wrote:
green4life wrote:
also a professional soccer player :)... under contract

"Today, if I have to move, it will not be a problem for me," he said. "It may be England, which is in fashion, Germany, China or the United States, I'm ready to go."

nothing wrong with saying you're looking for a move... I wouldn't doubt if he does want to stay at City, he is too good to move to some of the clubs he's been linked to.
... or can can borrow a leaf from his countryman, Odemwingie, and drive himself to the gate of Everton, West Ham or whomever he's been linked with only to discover that the mai-gaurd (gate man) has been instructed not to open gate ... all while on live TV via Sky Sports :mrgreen:

My brother, the point is, generally keep calm and let chips fall where they may. The big talk is primarily the job of his agent.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Obviously, he cannot discuss his options in public.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Just reading this, you can tell many haven't ever been under a contract they don't like, but have their lawyers telling them to either play along, or keep mute, while actively challenging it behind the scenes.

Kelechi knows he's out, he's listening to his advisers and doing the right things. I know we all want him to pour petrol over the bridge and burn the mutha...but in real life he's doing the right thing.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bully12 wrote:Kelechii who ? He is past. We are now talking about the real deal HENRY ONYEKURU

This is mentality that has left Africa centuries behind the modern world. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

This is mentality that has left Africa centuries behind the modern world. :boo:
Bully is acting childish.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT