Rivers bounce back in Confed Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rivers bounce back in Confed Cup

Post by YUJAM »

Watched Kampala FC beat Club Africain in a very decent game yesterday

This report is courtesy of Africanfootball.com

by Graeme Jackson

Wednesday May 24, 2017. 22:30

AfricanFootball wraps up Wednesday’s action in the CAF Confederation Cup, which saw Matchday 2 of the group stage completed with four games across the continent.
The first match of the day saw Rivers United defeat FUS Rabat 1-0 in Port Harcourt thanks to a second-half goal from Emeka Atuloma. As a result, Group A sees all four teams level on three points, with KCCA having beaten Club Africain yesterday.

In Group D, defending champions TP Mazembe missed out on the chance to leapfrog leaders SuperSport United after they were held 1-1 in Conakry by hosts Horoya AC. The Guineans claimed the lead through Jean Francis Ebele, but were pegged back by the DRC giants when Ben Malango scored a late equaliser.

In Alexandria, Egyptian side Smouha bounced back from their Group C Matchday 1 defeat to Zesco United by claiming a 2-0 win over Angola’s Recreativo Libolo. Ahmed Raouf struck early in the game and Islam Mohareb made up for a missed penalty midway through the second half when he netted the second goal in injury time.

The other Group C match of the day saw Sudan’s Al-Hilal Al-Ubayyid pick up their first points with a 1-0 win at home to Zesco United. Like Group A, all four teams in this pool have three points after two rounds.

Matchday 3 of the group stage of the Confederation Cup will be played on the weekend of 2-4 June.

CAF Confederation Cup results
Wednesday 24 May

Rivers United 1-0 FUS Rabat - Group A
Horoya AC 1-1 TP Mazembe - Group D
Smouha SC 2-0 Recreativo Libolo - Group C
Al-Hilal Al-Ubayyid 1-0 Zesco United - Group C
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
No Love for Rivers United on CE? It's a Damn Shame...

Post by Kabalega »

No Love for Rivers United on CE? It's a Damn Shame...

http://www.espnfc.com/rivers-united-fc/ ... -fus-rabat

Atuloma scores as Rivers United sneak past FUS Rabat

Emeka Atuloma scored a winner 18 minutes from time as Nigerian side Rivers United defeated FUS Rabat from Morocco 1-0 in their Caf Confederation Cup Group A clash in Port Harcourt on Wednesday.

The result means all four sides in the pool have three points with a third of the matches played. FUS Rabat (+2) lead the group on goal difference, followed by Club Africain (+1) of Tunisia, Rivers United (-1) and Ugandan outfit KCCA (-2).

Defending champions Tout Puissant Mazembe of the Democratic Republic of Congo were held to a 1-1 draw by Guinea outfit Horoya in Conakry.

Jean Ebele opened the scoring for the home side on 33 minutes, but Ben Malango equalised for the visitors with 10 minutes remaining.

South African side SuperSport United lead Group D with four points, ahead of Mazembe on goal-difference, with Horoya on two points and Gabon's CF Mounana yet to get off the mark.

Egyptian side Smouha claimed a comfortable 2-0 home win Recreativo Libolo as Ahmed Raouf and Islam Mohareb found the net.

That result, coupled with a 1-0 win for Al-Hilal Al-Ubayyid over Zambian side Zesco United means that all three sides in Group C are level on three points.

Zesco looked as though they were on course for a valuable away point until Ivorian winger Cheick Moukoro netted a winner two minutes from time.

The next round of matches will be played on the weekend of June 3/4.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: No Love for Rivers United on CE? It's a Damn Shame...

Post by joao »

I hope you are not forgetting that Rivers United is not in the EPL?
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cry me a river
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

joao wrote:I hope you are not forgetting that Rivers United is not in the EPL?
The EPL had meaningless games so I was hoping ....

I guess they should call Rivers the Chelsea of 9ja to get some love on CE.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Charity begins at home....Port harcourt guys full CE. :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rivers bounce back in Confed Cup

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote:Watched Kampala FC beat Club Africain in a very decent game yesterday
Where did u watch it?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

@Yujam, Club Africain's coach claims KCCA FC played "British football." Is that true?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Trophy is ours. We've already listed it as one one our achievements to be used in the 2019 election campaign.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

1naija wrote:The Trophy is ours. We've already listed it as one one our achievements to be used in the 2019 election campaign.
:D
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Damunk wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Watched Kampala FC beat Club Africain in a very decent game yesterday
Where did u watch it?
BEIN 4. I subscribe to ASTV for 20 USDs per month which gives me all the BEIN channels which show a lot of of CAF football
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Kabalega wrote:@Yujam, Club Africain's coach claims KCCA FC played "British football." Is that true?
Not at all. Kamapal FC is a solid side. This was a much better performance than they showed in Moroccco vs Rabata. They scored well worked goals. They don't play kick and rush in my opinion
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

So it's better to pretend like those Enugu Rangers fans that came out of the woodwork recently but know nothing about the team nor contributed to it in any way. I think we have maybe 3 or 4 NPL fans here, the rest just show up for giggles. Wish Rivers well cos they're a Nigerian team.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:The Trophy is ours. We've already listed it as one one our achievements to be used in the 2019 election campaign.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 1Naija! Na wetin dey do you sef? We dey tok impotanta tok, you dey wan spoil-am!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kabalega, it's bad belle that is doing them and it will continue turn them.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Is this football related?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *