Success Maybe Outside-Looking-In After Row with Rohr.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Success Maybe Outside-Looking-In After Row with Rohr.....

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive – Watford Isaac Success International Career With Nigeria Under Threat After Row With Coach
May 26, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/26/ex ... ith-coach/

The international career of Watford big money signing Isacc Success is under threat according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

There has been no official communication regarding his absence from the team in their camp in France, where they will play two friendly games against Corsica and Togo.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered his international career is close to coming to a premature end, after he surprisingly asked the coach to excuse him from the friendly game against Corsica.

Success failed to turn up for the friendly game against Corsica which will be played today, as the striker requested to skip the tie after his first season in England.

He particularly requested for a three days break to enable him rest properly, which is rather strange considering he was a bit part player at the club, and even missed the last three matches before the end of the season.

Coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr was very unhappy with his demand to skip the game, and told the forward who made his debut against Senegal last month not to bother coming for the second friendly game against Togo.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Success Maybe Outside-Looking-In After Row with Rohr....

Post by niyi »

Allnigeriasoccer's version. Obviously and understandably more pro-Success. The truth is somewhere in between the lines. What's interesting is that Watford's former coach also said Success didn't play as much this last season because of his attitude (and injuries too)
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Watford young star Isaac Success has withdrawn from Nigeria's upcoming international friendly against Togo (June 1) and the African Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa (June 10).

There is no mischief involved in the striker pulling out of the Super Eagles squad as he is currently down with a groin injury he sustained at Watford, and the Nigeria Football Federation are aware of his ailment.

As a result of the groin complaint, Success was conspicuously absent from the match day squads when the Hornets tackled Chelsea and Manchester City in their last two games in the Premier League.

Watford wrote to the Nigeria Football Federation straightaway when Success's name popped up among the invitees for the get-together in Corsica and Paris, demanding that he should be excused.

The former Granada starlet is presently in the United Kingdom but expected to arrive his homeland as from this weekend.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23187
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Im a huge fan of success but something keeps telling me we would have disciplinary issues with him.

2ndly, I kinda figured he was injured hence his not showing up in camp early and not making the last 3 match day squads for Watford. I just hope he doesnt go the way of Apam and Sturridge.

Where is Samuel Kalu?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I think the "row" is bull, the injury seems much more likely as he was not on the Watford bench for the last few matches.

Why do these Nigerian journalists have to make a story out of nothing ? :boo:
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:
Exclusive – Watford Isaac Success International Career With Nigeria Under Threat After Row With Coach
May 26, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/05/26/ex ... ith-coach/

The international career of Watford big money signing Isacc Success is under threat according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

There has been no official communication regarding his absence from the team in their camp in France, where they will play two friendly games against Corsica and Togo.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered his international career is close to coming to a premature end, after he surprisingly asked the coach to excuse him from the friendly game against Corsica.

Success failed to turn up for the friendly game against Corsica which will be played today, as the striker requested to skip the tie after his first season in England.

He particularly requested for a three days break to enable him rest properly, which is rather strange considering he was a bit part player at the club, and even missed the last three matches before the end of the season.

Coach of the Nigerian team Gernot Rohr was very unhappy with his demand to skip the game, and told the forward who made his debut against Senegal last month not to bother coming for the second friendly game against Togo.
I heard this, but I didn't want to be the one to bring it to the forum, given that I've been countering that bush individual's silly attacks on Awoniyi. Let it not be like I am attacking a Nigerian player.

That said however, it appears Success is not a serious person. For all the noise his supporters made before he was called up, it looks like giving him the SE jersey is a case of casting pearls before $#$%$@*. He has achieved nothing significant in Europe & has been on the bench almost all season, so he should be the last person to have an attitude or drama. He even managed to skip his fist National team invitation based on flimsy excuses.

This is a player whose game is still more suited for the U-17 level.

With all the talent coming through, I don't think it'll be long before the door is shut permanently on him. Constant performers and scorers like Sone Aluko don't even get a look in and this kid is showing up with all kinds of attitude and drama.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Owngoal iare lying
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:Owngoal iare lying
Not his first time. Like I said, he has achieved nothing yet, so the attitude is just silly.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/ ... g-call-ups

https://sports.naij.com/998858-victor-m ... e-ban.html
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
1naija wrote:Owngoal iare lying
Not his first time. Like I said, he has achieved nothing yet, so the attitude is just silly.

http://kwese.espn.com/football/nigeria/ ... g-call-ups

https://sports.naij.com/998858-victor-m ... e-ban.html
Still doesn't counter the fact that owngoal might be lying.
It won't be their first time either....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Much ado about nothing...

Kid is injured and his club communicated as such to the NFF.
Source
Exclusive: Success Withdraws From Togo, RSA Games; Watford Write NFF About Groin Injury
Published: May 26, 2017

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Watford young star Isaac Success has withdrawn from Nigeria's upcoming international friendly against Togo (June 1) and the African Cup of Nations qualifier against South Africa (June 10).

There is no mischief involved in the striker pulling out of the Super Eagles squad as he is currently down with a groin injury he sustained at Watford, and the Nigeria Football Federation are aware of his ailment.

As a result of the groin complaint, Success was conspicuously absent from the match day squads when the Hornets tackled Chelsea and Manchester City in their last two games in the Premier League.

Watford wrote to the Nigeria Football Federation straightaway when Success's name popped up among the invitees for the get-together in Corsica and Paris, demanding that he should be excused.

The former Granada starlet is presently in the United Kingdom but expected to arrive his homeland as from this weekend.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Was about to say, its the kind of story that gets debunked in the morning...

Isaac has had history of injuries and his body doesn't appear to be in peak condition (looks a tad too heavy). Kayode, his direct match up is a capable replacement.