Nigeria v Corsica: Each Player Rating......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria v Corsica: Each Player Rating......

Post by gochino »

Enugu II wrote:
gochino wrote:
Cellular wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:Interestingly, Owngoalnigeria.com is the most reliable source for Nigerian national team news and Nigerian players overseas. Apparently, they're the only media outlet with news from camp and seem to have the only Nigerian journalist present to report the match. Yet, some will go the whole hog of discrediting them. I give them props for all their reporting.
while they carry fake news and half truths, 80% of their news is onpoint.

Again, i noticed that some of the guys in owngoalnigeria are past CE members that have been frustrated out of the site with insults. SAD!
Which fake news have they published?

Sometimes news is fluid and change after it has been reported. I am yet to see them intentionally mislead or makeup news.

Even credible mainstream news sites do get it wrong sometimes.

Ps., which past CE members were hounded out of here because of insults? Those that stopped posting simply outgrew CE.
Here are just two stories I remember. They do fake intervews also
1. Mikel signs for Valencia
2. Conte agrees to give Mikel the attacking Midfield position :rotf:
Gochino,

I do not remember #2 on your list but I remember #1 and my recollection is that own goal-com reported that the Valencia deal was a done deal but never reported an actual signing and by the way below are news sites that also reported the Mikel Obi negotiation with Valencia:

ESPN
Goal.com
The Independent
The Daily Mail
The Evening Standard
The Daily Star

That list ought to inform you that there were most likely advanced negotiation with Valencia. the fact that an eventual signing did not take place is a fact of life. The current Onyekuru transfer story or Iheanacho transfer stories can fall apart as long as the player is yet to sign but both stories are widely reported by numerous sources.
Sorry but the site is trash! Why are you defending them?? Do you work with own goal??? Check out the story below

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/07/ex ... t-chelsea/
Owngoalnigeria.com understand that captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria John Obi Mikel has been handed a new role by coach of Chelsea Antonio Conte.

The Super Eagles captain, who is presently Chelsea second longest serving player in the squad has been juggling with two different roles. Mikel plays as a defensive midfielder for Chelsea but plays in a more advanced role for Nigeria.

We gathered Conte has decided to hand him same role as he plays in the Nigeria national team as part of the sweetener, he wants to use in luring the 29 year old to sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

Conte signed N’Golo Kante for the role Mikel has been alternating with Nemanja Matic, raising doubts about the chances of the Nigerian getting to play games for the team this season, but we gathered that talks were held during the week, where Mikel was promised a role same as the one he plays for the Nigeria national team.

” Mikel and Conte had a chat about his role in the team, although he has been assured he will be played in the role that suits him the more by the manager. He is also ready to fill in anywhere he is needed for the team”, a source close to the player told Owngoalnigeria.com.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria v Corsica: Each Player Rating......

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
gochino wrote:
Cellular wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Obong wrote:Interestingly, Owngoalnigeria.com is the most reliable source for Nigerian national team news and Nigerian players overseas. Apparently, they're the only media outlet with news from camp and seem to have the only Nigerian journalist present to report the match. Yet, some will go the whole hog of discrediting them. I give them props for all their reporting.
while they carry fake news and half truths, 80% of their news is onpoint.

Again, i noticed that some of the guys in owngoalnigeria are past CE members that have been frustrated out of the site with insults. SAD!
Which fake news have they published?

Sometimes news is fluid and change after it has been reported. I am yet to see them intentionally mislead or makeup news.

Even credible mainstream news sites do get it wrong sometimes.

Ps., which past CE members were hounded out of here because of insults? Those that stopped posting simply outgrew CE.
Here are just two stories I remember. They do fake intervews also
1. Mikel signs for Valencia
2. Conte agrees to give Mikel the attacking Midfield position :rotf:
Gochino,

I do not remember #2 on your list but I remember #1 and my recollection is that own goal-com reported that the Valencia deal was a done deal but never reported an actual signing and by the way below are news sites that also reported the Mikel Obi negotiation with Valencia:

ESPN
Goal.com
The Independent
The Daily Mail
The Evening Standard
The Daily Star

That list ought to inform you that there were most likely advanced negotiation with Valencia. the fact that an eventual signing did not take place is a fact of life. The current Onyekuru transfer story or Iheanacho transfer stories can fall apart as long as the player is yet to sign but both stories are widely reported by numerous sources.
Sorry but the site is trash! Why are you defending them?? Do you work with own goal??? Check out the story below

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/09/07/ex ... t-chelsea/
Owngoalnigeria.com understand that captain of the Super Eagles of Nigeria John Obi Mikel has been handed a new role by coach of Chelsea Antonio Conte.

The Super Eagles captain, who is presently Chelsea second longest serving player in the squad has been juggling with two different roles. Mikel plays as a defensive midfielder for Chelsea but plays in a more advanced role for Nigeria.

We gathered Conte has decided to hand him same role as he plays in the Nigeria national team as part of the sweetener, he wants to use in luring the 29 year old to sign a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

Conte signed N’Golo Kante for the role Mikel has been alternating with Nemanja Matic, raising doubts about the chances of the Nigerian getting to play games for the team this season, but we gathered that talks were held during the week, where Mikel was promised a role same as the one he plays for the Nigeria national team.

” Mikel and Conte had a chat about his role in the team, although he has been assured he will be played in the role that suits him the more by the manager. He is also ready to fill in anywhere he is needed for the team”, a source close to the player told Owngoalnigeria.com.
gochino,

As I mentioned previously, inaccurate reports like the above is not unusual with tabloids like those that I listed above. Those are simply the sign of times. The fact is that they also have a number of accurate reports. If you are expecting them to be like London Times then you are looking at the wrong place. They are not London Times. Best to see them as The Sun of London.

My defense of their work is not based on pecuniary or other interests. I do not know any one there nor do I need to. My defense of their work is based on my experience reading their work. That ought to be enough in order to develop an opinion. An opinion does not have to be guided by interests such as those that you insinuate.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics