Why Moses? Nigerian Born..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Moses? Nigerian Born..

Post by Senator WIRES »

:lol:
Victor Moses should hang his head in shame after an awful dive saw him dismissed in the 68 minute for his second cautionable offence.
His first was clear as he pulled Danny Welbeck down on the touchline.
The second was a superb decision from referee Anthony Taylor when Moses cut in from the right and anticipated a challenge from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain which never came.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4iOEbuVGs
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why Moses? Nigerian Born..

Post by Prince »

What about the cheating Sanchez that used his hands
Oya back to the matter
open and close
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

It ruined my day, but it was good to see diving being punished on a big stage. The reason everybody is doing it these days is because far too many get away with it.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Who cares..they can hate all they eant..Vic Mo..EPL champ.AFCON champs. EUROPA league champ...and currently the best right wing back in football today..see you vs SA in 2 weeks ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Prince wrote:What about the cheating Sanchez that used his hands
...by order deduction or ascendancy as you may chose, Sanchez bigger than Moses.
Sanchez - South American oyinbo.
Moses - African. Abeg, no be me say am :sad:
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

And what did they do to Rashford? Didnt they even give him the penalty?
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...again, by deduction and ascendancy Rashford na oyinbo.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Congratulations to Vic Mo..Bobo just tied the knot
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbh, I have my doubts he intentionally dived. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of player.

The pressure on refs nowadays is such that when a player goes down in the box, he is seen to either have been fouled by an opponent or to have dived.
Both have consequences and the innocent fall is hardly ever a considered option which it still rightfully is outside the box.

I believe Moses lost his balance as he went past the defender and fell. He didn't even appeal for a penalty. Not that he wouldn't have taken it if it had been given though... :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:Tbh, I have my doubts he intentionally dived. He just doesn't strike me as that kind of player.

The pressure on refs nowadays is such that when a player goes down in the box, he is seen to either have been fouled by an opponent or to have dived.
Both have consequences and the innocent fall is hardly ever a considered option which it still rightfully is outside the box.

I believe Moses lost his balance as he went past the defender and fell. He didn't even appeal for a penalty. Not that he wouldn't have taken it if it had been given though... :D
You dont have to be a kind of player to dive, diving on the other hand remains an option available when in a position that presents an advantage. Truth is sometimes in desperstion you go looking for a foul around or inside the box, you dont have to be a serial diver to do that. When you play to a certain level in the game you realise how to pull this option. The only reason why that became a dive was because Monreal pulled out of the tackle, he pulled his legs back while Moses was already committed to going down in anticipation of the slightest touch.

If it had worked everyone would be hailing hom for winning a pena, it did not work let him face the music. Rashford may have gotten away with his own, but in due time it will catch up with him, Ashely Young was diving all over the place and was suceeding until it caught up with him. Ronnie boy was labelled a serial diver before he left for Real, so i dont even know where this oyinbo vs omo wa ni tirade is coming from.

Did Moses dive? Yes he did, it was wrong, he was not the first to do so and not the first to be criticised by the media. The same media that sang his praise all season long. The person who pasted this clip or extract should also have added the bit where it said that Moses had a great season and that this was a blot to his good season. Now that is not singling out Moses to be ridiculed or attacked, that is being objective as far as objectivity goes.

Our boy struggled on Saturday, the first yellow when he just wrestled Wellbeck to the ground, now that is fatigue right there...when he went down it was in desperation, he was losing the ball, his legs were gone and he decided to pull out one last option commit himself to the ball while hoping Monreal would be tempted to kick at the ball....Monreal saw the trick from afar,kept his legs and body out of the way, our boy went down like a village boy visiting Lagos city for the first time and just got mugged!

Yes that is the world of playing at the top, if it goes well good,it goes wrong ridicule. If Monreal had not refused to fall for the trick, the commentators would have screamed ..penalty..Monreal would have been labelled naive for making the challenge, Moses would have been hailed a hero for winning Chelsea a pena. There is a thin lone between being a hero and the fall guy. Our boy knew what he was doing when he took that dive...... It worked against Spurs innit?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Vic Mo, an Arsenal supporter in Chelsea stripes... Well done on the FA cup contribution and marriage bro!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

The whole Chelsea team was bad on the day. Unfortunate that Mo is getting the shtick this time.

Conte wrote it off to fatigue since he won't criticize his player in public. :D

Good luck to Moses and his new bride. I wish him more success for next season and on the family front.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

New rule in England from next season is a retrospective suspension for diving. A lot of what goes on in a player's head will be found out as they either accept or reject the diving charge. To be effective, it has to be done all over the pitch, immediate video review is the best as it can impact the result. Suspensions don't change the result.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The ref was wrong, Moses didn't dive, he was tripped. .nut trust the FA to always pass money underground
SuperEagles