Paul Pogba, a Muslim!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg
Re: Paul Pogba, a Muslim!!

Post by Kneedeep »

YUJAM wrote:There is nothing in the Quran that says we should give our kids Muslim names only. My dad's name is Charles. I named my eldest son after him. I have Muslim friends who are named Peter, Paul and George In our subregion extended families can have both Christian and Muslim members. So it is just natural that names cross religions too.

BTW I wonder what religion Pascal Feindouno is? He was one heck of a baller.
It's the same for christianity in Europe, in Africa we've been sold another story. Many European names have nothing to do with the Bible.
Where is Donald in the Bible, or Newt? Perhaps there was a St. Donald or Pope Newton in the past :lol: , most likely not. Neither are Gerhard, Sven, Beatrix ...............................
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Dbl post
Last edited by Kneedeep on Tue May 30, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yooj, had imagined you were a dreadlocked, high-grading rastafari. No offence intended. A misinterpretation of the many slurs sent your way. Regarding the Christian or rather Anglicised, adulterated KJ Biblical names, is that for ease of societal acceptance, anonymity or other?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

YUJAM wrote:There is nothing in the Quran that says we should give our kids Muslim names only. My dad's name is Charles. I named my eldest son after him. I have Muslim friends who are named Peter, Paul and George In our subregion extended families can have both Christian and Muslim members. So it is just natural that names cross religions too.

BTW I wonder what religion Pascal Feindouno is? He was one heck of a baller.
He sure was

He's Kissi so most likely Christian..
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Idika
Egg
Egg

Post by Idika »

Alhaji Paul. It's odd. I have never heard of such in my life. : :shock:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anointed wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anointed wrote:CE likes to form too much. Who wouldn't be surprised that someone with Paul as first name is muslim? Prejudice or not, it's surprising. Or do you know another Paul that's muslim?

Yes. I know one. he's from Congo (Brazzaville). :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: And I know several Suleimans that are Christians...
Suleiman is an Arabic name. It means Solomon. It's a very popular name amongst christian Hausas like Hassan (Jacob), Dauda (Dauda), Ibrahim (Abraham), Yisa (Jesus) etc. Is there Paul in the Quran? It will explain while a Muslim is not likely to give Paul to his child at birth or a Christian who Christen their kids Mohammed are not common since there's no such individual in the Bible. An adult muslim Paul or christian Mohammed I believe must be converts.
Ok...next time I born pikin, I go name am Anointed...as middle name. Oya, go stand in front of Mosque and block am from entering :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I will be waiting until I get paid some royalty. I even dare you to get new pikin at 62years.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I'm not expert on Religions, but many people who convert also change their names, right?
Cassius Clay, Kareem Jabbar comes to mind. Mahmoud Abdul Raouf (The basketball player from the Denver Nuggets).
Even the former Running Back from Oregon ... Ahmad Rashad ? Don't remember his American name.
I don't think Pogba converted... I wouldn't be surprised if some people exert influence on him to actually take a more Muslim sounding name ... (just speculating here)
Bepanda
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:With a Christian first name, Paul, I never thought Pogba was a Muslim until I read the link below

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... a-10521701
What's the exclamation mark about, bro? :???:
I wonder o !
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Muslims mek una chime in, is Meszut in the Qu'ran?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kneedeep wrote:Muslims mek una chime in, is Meszut in the Qu'ran?

Not in the Qu'ran. But there was a companion of the Prophet Muhammed PBUH named Ibn Mas'ud, i.e., son of Mas'ud. The ' in Mas'ud is either omitted in some languages or transliterated to an "h". That's the name in Mashud (Mashood) in English (i.e, Mashood Abiola in Naija). In Turkish, it is Mesut (just like Muhammed in Turkish is Mehmet).
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

A Lot of people should be aware that Paul is a roman name not a Hebrew or Christian name.

The name Paul comes from Paulus which was a Roman name, Paul's actual Hebrew name was Saul or as they call it Shaul. This is what the jews called him. But when he started his missionary journey he started using his other name (because he was Roman and Jew), like we have English and Nigerian names, he also had a Hebrew name and a Roman name, Paul was his Roman name.

So infect Paul is actually a GENTILE name.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

peron33uk wrote:A Lot of people should be aware that Paul is a roman name not a Hebrew or Christian name.

The name Paul comes from Paulus which was a Roman name, Paul's actual Hebrew name was Saul or as they call it Shaul. This is what the jews called him. But when he started his missionary journey he started using his other name (because he was Roman and Jew), like we have English and Nigerian names, he also had a Hebrew name and a Roman name, Paul was his Roman name.

So infect Paul is actually a GENTILE name.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anointed wrote:CE likes to form too much. Who wouldn't be surprised that someone with Paul as first name is muslim? Prejudice or not, it's surprising. Or do you know another Paul that's muslim?

Yes. I know one. he's from Congo (Brazzaville). :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: And I know several Suleimans that are Christians...
This is NOT new. I have seen a handful of Muslims with Christians name and vice versa. Tariq Hanna Aziz, the former Iraqi Prime Minister under Saddam regime, was a Marxist Christian. Hanna is the short for the Hebrew name Johanna (John).

Cheers!!!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

anointed wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Suleiman is an Arabic name. It means Solomon. It's a very popular name amongst christian Hausas like Hassan (Jacob), Dauda (Dauda), Ibrahim (Abraham), Yisa (Jesus) etc. Is there Paul in the Quran? It will explain while a Muslim is not likely to give Paul to his child at birth or a Christian who Christen their kids Mohammed are not common since there's no such individual in the Bible. An adult muslim Paul or christian Mohammed I believe must be converts.
I concur with you for the most part. However, 1) Jacob is Islam is Yakub (like Yakubu Gowon). 2) Many arab Christians do "christen" their babies Mohamed, Fatima, Ibrahim etc... Remember, those are names they have been using before the advent of Islam. I just gave the example of Tariq Aziz above!

Cheers!!!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:With a Christian first name, Paul, I never thought Pogba was a Muslim until I read the link below

Bro, i was surprised that a Muslim can have the name of the greatest Christian Apostle.
Just curious...was Paul greater than Peter ? :???: :???: :???:
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

I am very sure Paul we not born a Moslem. Btw South Africans have the best combination of moslem and Christian names. Abraham mustapha.....
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

lukemana wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Bro, i was surprised that a Muslim can have the name of the greatest Christian Apostle.
Just curious...was Paul greater than Peter ? :???: :???: :???:
Yes
I am happy
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

nemi2002 wrote:I am very sure Paul we not born a Moslem. Btw South Africans have the best combination of moslem and Christian names. Abraham mustapha.....

Not only are you sure, but VERY SURE? Were you there, or do you know his family?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Pastor Suleiman dey. So na wetin come be di discussion for dis one na?
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

He posted this of himself today

Smart Saudis, taking Pogba's dolla dolla bill y'all :rotf: . Second cash cow for the kingdom after oil and gas. The article below says they earn $12 billion from religious tourism out of a total $22 billion tourism revenue. Huh? So what about the other 10 billion? I mean who in their right mind just decides to vacation in Saudi Arabia for non-religious purposes? I bet you he texted Ribery and Benzema and they put their phones on silent from their poolside retreats in Mallorca :rotf: :rotf:. There's Dubai for that kind of tourism. Now, can anybody explain to me why in all that big continent we can't find a village somewhere that we can turn into a religious tourism cash cow??? Lalibela rock carved churches in Ethiopia nko? Instead we have a stupid basilica gathering dust in a town that nobody outside of Ivory Coast has ever heard of. Even in the religious business game we can't wise up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com ... 8b45e1/amp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He converted.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:yea, the name paul isn't Muslim..Paul in ACTS of the apostles sef was a christian... but bobo nah from Guinea, so lots of Muslins are from Guinea
U've manged to make less sense than Ohenhen when he's high
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I dey wait for Mohammed Musa to vex for me because I assumed he was a Muslim .... I mean is Mohammed a Muslim Name or was that name not in existence before the advent of the original Mullah and rapist of young girls and Jewish captives :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.