Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Posts: 1129
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... a-13110595
Liverpool are set to win the race to sign Chelsea striker Dominic Solanke.

The 19-year-old is out of contract at Stamford Bridge this summer, and the ECHO understands that the Reds have beaten off interest from a host of clubs to bring the highly-rated frontman to Anfield.

Identified as one for the future by Jurgen Klopp , Solanke will join the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Woodburn, Ovie Ejaria, Sheyi Ojo and Harry Wilson to form the basis of a strong U23s side, which will compete in the Premier League 2 and cup competitions next season while simultaneously pushing for a first-team place.

Liverpool expect to pay around £3m for Solanke, with the fee to be determined by a Premier League tribunal as the player is under 24 years of age. He is expected to earn wages of less than £20,000 a week, in line with the club's policy on young players.

Liverpool remain keen to add a number of 'established' players to strengthen their first-team ranks this season, with Naby Keita and Virgil Van Dijk still at the top of their list of targets, but believe the opportunity to land a top English prospect at a decent price represents smart business.
Born in Reading, Solanke has been with Chelsea since the age of seven, emerging as one of the Londoners' brightest talents along the way.

He was a member of the FA Youth Cup winning teams of 2014 and 2015, also helping them win the UEFA Youth League in 2015.

He was top scorer in that campaign, as he was when helping England win the European U17 Championship in Malta in 2014. There, he played alongside Reds defender Joe Gomez among others, scoring in the final against the Netherlands.

A senior debut for Chelsea came against Maribor in October 2014, with Solanke becoming the club's youngest ever Champions League player in the process, but he was then loaned out to feeder club Vitesse Arnhem for the 2015-16 season.

He scored seven times in 25 Eredivisie appearances there, but has been unable to find a first-team opportunity under Antonio Conte and is now set for Merseyside.

Celtic were interested in signing the teenager as a replacement for Moussa Dembele, who is expected to leave this summer.

RB Leipzig, who finished second to Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga, were also keen, while a number of Premier League clubs expressed an interest.

Solanke is currently away with England at the U20 World Cup in South Korea. Having scored in the Group A opener against Argentina earlier this month, and captained the team in their last match against the host nation last Friday, he is expected lead the line for Paul Simpson's side in their last 16 clash with Costa Rica in Jeonju on Wednesday.

He has represented England at every level up to an including U21s, where he has won three caps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:28 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: UK
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/265085-reds-agree-terms-to-sign-dominic-solanke

Liverpool FC have agreed personal terms with Dominic Solanke to sign the England youth international this summer.

The 19-year-old striker will complete the transfer to the Reds on July 1, 2017, upon the expiry of his contract with his current club, Chelsea.

Solanke made his senior debut for the London side as a substitute in a Champions League tie in October 2014, and scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances during a productive loan spell with Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem in 2015-16.

He has represented his country at every age level from U16 to U21 and is currently in South Korea for the FIFA U20 World Cup, where the forward has so far featured in all three games and scored once to help England into the knockout stages.

Solanke, twice an FA Youth Cup champion and winner of the UEFA Youth League and U17 European Championship, will officially join Jürgen Klopp’s squad on July 1.

_________________
YNWA
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:28 pm
Posts: 3862
Location: UK
Good signing but we have Rhian Brewster who is just as good or even potentially better

_________________
YNWA
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 35850
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 2957
heavyd wrote:
Good signing but we have Rhian Brewster who is just as good or even potentially better



Based on what? His failure at Vitesse? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40026
Location: Akoko Highlands
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 27588
He will improve I the way he plays

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 5832
Location: Canada
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy[*] Mbappe [*]is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.


This Madrid and Bayern sef :curse: :curse: :curse:

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 35850
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26244
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.


7 goals for Vitesse in 15/16.

LFC have a strict wage structure for youth players...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 40026
Location: Akoko Highlands
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.



He scored 7 out of 25 appearances with Vitesse. Not a bad return!!

Rash is getting chances with Manchester United. Not loaned out to some Jekuredu team.
Rooney is Rooney. His record speaks for him. But if no one took a chance on him at Everton, being played regularly, he won't end up at Man U that early in his career.

While I understand that Chelsea have big plans, I still think they could have managed the situation better.

Next in line now is Tammy Abraham. I hope they don't mess that one up as well.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 35850
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.



He scored 7 out of 25 appearances with Vitesse. Not a bad return!!

Rash is getting chances with Manchester United. Not loaned out to some Jekuredu team.
Rooney is Rooney. His record speaks for him. But if no one took a chance on him at Everton, being played regularly, he won't end up at Man U that early in his career.

While I understand that Chelsea have big plans, I still think they could have managed the situation better.

Next in line now is Tammy Abraham. I hope they don't mess that one up as well.

Good but but Onyekuru scored how much? It is those kind of figures that should be making noise about being special player. I am just tired of hearing about these english players and their famed abilities.

By the way, it is a good thing he has decided to move, the truth is the game does not have patience to nurse kids, to break into a team like Chelsea in modern day football, you must be banging about 17 goals in 25 appearances while on loan. 7 in 25 is nothing to bat an eyelid about, not in a team like Chelsea.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 35850
txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.


7 goals for Vitesse in 15/16.

LFC have a strict wage structure for youth players...

I hope it works out for him, going to a Bournemouth or Burnley would have done him more good. 7 in 25 really is not something a team like Pool should be worrying themselves about unless maybe they are looking for backups..in which case the young man is simply compounding his situation with regards to opportunities.

Something must be done about team hugging young players just because they can.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 26789
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.

The jury is still out on the lad and he may come good under the right circumstances...
However, I have been watching him at the ongoing WYC U20 and find him so-so thus far.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26244
oloye wrote:
txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.


7 goals for Vitesse in 15/16.

LFC have a strict wage structure for youth players...

I hope it works out for him, going to a Bournemouth or Burnley would have done him more good. 7 in 25 really is not something a team like Pool should be worrying themselves about unless maybe they are looking for backups..in which case the young man is simply compounding his situation with regards to opportunities.

Something must be done about team hugging young players just because they can.



He was signed on the strong recommendation of Michael Beale, ex LFC youth coach, now with Sao Paulo...

Its also a signing that fits squarely in LFC's transfer policy. Its most definitely not about hugging players...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 35850
txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
txj wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.


7 goals for Vitesse in 15/16.

LFC have a strict wage structure for youth players...

I hope it works out for him, going to a Bournemouth or Burnley would have done him more good. 7 in 25 really is not something a team like Pool should be worrying themselves about unless maybe they are looking for backups..in which case the young man is simply compounding his situation with regards to opportunities.

Something must be done about team hugging young players just because they can.



He was signed on the strong recommendation of Michael Beale, ex LFC youth coach, now with Sao Paulo...

Its also a signing that fits squarely in LFC's transfer policy. Its most definitely not about hugging players...

I am not accusing Pool of player hugging, the teams that hugs players know themselves, Chelsea being number 1

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 11553
Location: South London
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.



He scored 7 out of 25 appearances with Vitesse. Not a bad return!!

Rash is getting chances with Manchester United. Not loaned out to some Jekuredu team.
Rooney is Rooney. His record speaks for him. But if no one took a chance on him at Everton, being played regularly, he won't end up at Man U that early in his career.

While I understand that Chelsea have big plans, I still think they could have managed the situation better.

Next in line now is Tammy Abraham. I hope they don't mess that one up as well.

Good but but Onyekuru scored how much? It is those kind of figures that should be making noise about being special player. I am just tired of hearing about these english players and their famed abilities.

By the way, it is a good thing he has decided to move, the truth is the game does not have patience to nurse kids, to break into a team like Chelsea in modern day football, you must be banging about 17 goals in 25 appearances while on loan. 7 in 25 is nothing to bat an eyelid about, not in a team like Chelsea.

Totally agree but the English press have the power to make Nigerians believe in them and doubt their own, if Kelechi Ihenacho was English he would have been rated higher than Rashford!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 27588
Gotti wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.

The jury is still out on the lad and he may come good under the right circumstances...
However, I have been watching him at the ongoing WYC U20 and find him so-so thus far.

He took a pay cut, He believes they will be patient for him to develop, sometimes this academy protected players need stability and structure, the boy did well to go on Loan, he has the attributes to be good but to get to the next level is depends on him

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38272
Location: Biafra Zone
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.



He scored 7 out of 25 appearances with Vitesse. Not a bad return!!

Rash is getting chances with Manchester United. Not loaned out to some Jekuredu team.
Rooney is Rooney. His record speaks for him. But if no one took a chance on him at Everton, being played regularly, he won't end up at Man U that early in his career.

While I understand that Chelsea have big plans, I still think they could have managed the situation better.

Next in line now is Tammy Abraham. I hope they don't mess that one up as well.

Good but but Onyekuru scored how much? It is those kind of figures that should be making noise about being special player. I am just tired of hearing about these english players and their famed abilities.

By the way, it is a good thing he has decided to move, the truth is the game does not have patience to nurse kids, to break into a team like Chelsea in modern day football, you must be banging about 17 goals in 25 appearances while on loan. 7 in 25 is nothing to bat an eyelid about, not in a team like Chelsea.


Chief Oloye, he's not a bad striker for his level but he's a victim of a numbers game at Chelsea where Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham (a.k.a Tammy Abraham) who is younger has outscored Solanke comfortably at every level (Tammy also won Youth FA Cup and YCL also winning golden boot) including at the Championship Division where he scored 26 goals (includes 23 goals from 41 league appearances) in his first season as a teenager. This was an obvious decision especially given the other guy (Solanke) was demanding around 50k per week reportedly.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 11486
Prince wrote:
Gotti wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.

The jury is still out on the lad and he may come good under the right circumstances...
However, I have been watching him at the ongoing WYC U20 and find him so-so thus far.

He took a pay cut, He believes they will be patient for him to develop, sometimes this academy protected players need stability and structure, the boy did well to go on Loan, he has the attributes to be good but to get to the next level is depends on him


I think it was an actual pay increase from what he was earning prior to this signing. He wanted 70K, or he rather wished for 70K but was never gonna happen. If he asked that of Liverpool, they might have laughed him out of there.

_________________
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 26244
green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
So much noise about this Solanke guy, yet at 19 all one hears about him is how highly rated he is. My boy Rashford started doing it at 18, Rooney, Owen all did it before 19, hey my other boy Mbappe is on his way to Madrid having done it at the highest level at what age again...so what exactly the hype about this Solanke?

British press at their marketing best again.



They got chances to do so. I wish him the best.

Psst psst what happened at Vittese or must his only chance come from Chelsea. I am not saying he does not have potentials, this time last year if i recollect , the same guy was harassing Chelsea for salary of 70k a week.



He scored 7 out of 25 appearances with Vitesse. Not a bad return!!

Rash is getting chances with Manchester United. Not loaned out to some Jekuredu team.
Rooney is Rooney. His record speaks for him. But if no one took a chance on him at Everton, being played regularly, he won't end up at Man U that early in his career.

While I understand that Chelsea have big plans, I still think they could have managed the situation better.

Next in line now is Tammy Abraham. I hope they don't mess that one up as well.

Good but but Onyekuru scored how much? It is those kind of figures that should be making noise about being special player. I am just tired of hearing about these english players and their famed abilities.

By the way, it is a good thing he has decided to move, the truth is the game does not have patience to nurse kids, to break into a team like Chelsea in modern day football, you must be banging about 17 goals in 25 appearances while on loan. 7 in 25 is nothing to bat an eyelid about, not in a team like Chelsea.


Chief Oloye, he's not a bad striker for his level but he's a victim of a numbers game at Chelsea where Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham (a.k.a Tammy Abraham) who is younger has outscored Solanke comfortably at every level (Tammy also won Youth FA Cup and YCL also winning golden boot) including at the Championship Division where he scored 26 goals (includes 23 goals from 41 league appearances) in his first season as a teenager. This was an obvious decision especially given the other guy (Solanke) was demanding around 50k per week reportedly.


Its not really a numbers game, re Chelski, unless you are talking a different kind of numbers $$$$

Anyone who follows youth football properly will tell you those stats should not always be taken from a rote perspective. It doesn't always mean that the higher scoring youth player is the one with the best prospects...

I have seen a few reports where he is rated as having a better all round game/talent than Tammy.

Hopefully they both come good and do so for the SE...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 27588
Txj is right, youth football stats don't mean anything, Harry Kane wasn't even top in Tottenham neither was Rashford

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 38272
Location: Biafra Zone
Prince wrote:
Txj is right, youth football stats don't mean anything, Harry Kane wasn't even top in Tottenham neither was Rashford


Since when did scoring 26 goals in the championship division qualify as 'youth' games? FYI, Tammy played at Bristol City last season, and they barely survived in large part due to his goals. The point being it wasn't a good team but he still put up good numbers. I highly doubt that Solanke scores double digits in the championship division at this point in their development talk less of 26 but whatever.

@txj, I've seen both players and stats aside it's obvious who the bigger talent is. Forget about the stats,Tammys upside is incredible. I do agree that he is still raw but that is expected of a teen-ager. But in terms of end product, Tammy has passed every test so far and with flying colours. Now that is something that you can hang your coat on.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], ikeo and 61 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group