Bundeslga 2017/2018 news & info

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yiba
Egg
Egg
Bundeslga 2017/2018 news & info

Post by Yiba »

Tuchel's sack did not come as a surprise to me. It is highly rumored that Lucien Favre will take over.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bundeslga 2017/2018 news & info

Post by platinum »

I didn't realize his relationship with Watzke was so close to irreconcilable. I knew they had disagreements but this was a bit from left field. His playing style was a bit too swashbuckling for me, his team rarely played with balance. After seeing Arsenal do same (to less effect even), I was certain that style wouldn't win the BuLi (UNLESS they had a MAGNIFICENT central mid in the mold of a Vieira).

In other news, Wolfsburg survived yesterday, they'll remain in the top league, Victor Osimhen came on as a time killer sub late in the game.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

platinum wrote:I didn't realize his relationship with Watzke was so close to irreconcilable. I knew they had disagreements but this was a bit from left field. His playing style was a bit too swashbuckling for me, his team rarely played with balance. After seeing Arsenal do same (to less effect even), I was certain that style wouldn't win the BuLi (UNLESS they had a MAGNIFICENT central mid in the mold of a Vieira).

In other news, Wolfsburg survived yesterday, they'll remain in the top league, Victor Osimhen came on as a time killer sub late in the game.
Congrats to them and Victor.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

platinum wrote:I didn't realize his relationship with Watzke was so close to irreconcilable. I knew they had disagreements but this was a bit from left field. His playing style was a bit too swashbuckling for me, his team rarely played with balance. After seeing Arsenal do same (to less effect even), I was certain that style wouldn't win the BuLi (UNLESS they had a MAGNIFICENT central mid in the mold of a Vieira).
The differences between Watzke and Tuchel was not based on tactics rather relational. BVB operate with the maxim that no single person is more important than the unit (BVB).

Signs of discord occured after the bomb scare wahala. Tuchel felt he was under pressure to perform at a difficult time for the club. However, the management of Dortmund decided that the show must go on. despite the bomb scare. FYI, BVB is listed in the stock market. In the process, money trumped concerns about players welfare.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

It was not only about Tuchel vs Watzke. Straight after the cup final, Marcel Schmelzer and Reus openly critizised Tuchel for leaving Sahin out of the squad. Schmelzer (BVB captain) said that they all (the players) were behind Sahin and they could not understand why Tuchel did not select him. Speaks volumes about the team-coach relationship
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Wow, Watzke says Tuchel had to go because of lack of trust, respect, loyalty, communication, team spirit.

Good grief.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Was he sacked or resign?He wanted Arsenal job but forget Wenger will be around for a long time
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Wrong decision in my opinion.
Tuchel is a very capable coach - he will find it easy to perform elsewhere (and guess what they will not call him a difficult person).
It is quite obvious that Watzke is a very stubborn person.
He doesn't like a coach with a strong opinion around him.
How can you discredit your coach in a open letter like this.
That is simply classless.
And Watzke's answer is Lucien Favre who is said to be a very strange character - unbelievable.
How can you fire a coach after he has won the DFB Pokal with a squad that is still developing?

I believe this decision will come to hunt him and I hope that the manager will take the consequences if this 'project' goes the wrong way.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

kajifu wrote:Was he sacked or resign?He wanted Arsenal job but forget Wenger will be around for a long time
He was sacked - actually was willing to fulfill his contract.
Rumored to take over Bayer Leverkusen.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

kajifu wrote:Was he sacked or resign?He wanted Arsenal job but forget Wenger will be around for a long time
He was sacked, but do not forget, Dortmund will pay him heavily to annul the contract that Tuchel had.
Last edited by Yiba on Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

DAgrin wrote:Wrong decision in my opinion.
Tuchel is a very capable coach - he will find it easy to perform elsewhere (and guess what they will not call him a difficult person).
And Watzke's answer is Lucien Favre who is said to be a very strange character - unbelievable.
How can you fire a coach after he has won the DFB Pokal with a squad that is still developing?

I believe this decision will come to hunt him and I hope that the manager will take the consequences if this 'project' goes the wrong way.
Do you remember that the same Tuchel had problems with Heidel not so long ago at Mainz ?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

How successful do you think Tuchel can be in a big club like PSG, Man United, would he fare well Inge is bought good central defenders.

Seems like a good coach who can land up within a good club, but unfortunately most big jobs are occupied
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Yiba wrote:

Do you remember that the same Tuchel had problems with Heidel not so long ago at Mainz ?
Always thought he had a 'bipolar' football mind...Strange cat..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

If it had been something between Tuchel and Watzke I would agree with you. Schmelzer has attacked Tuchel openly after winning the cup final, Reus is rumoured to have a very bad relationship with Tuchel (when asked about rumours about a broken relationship between Tuchel and the team, Reus replied with "no comment" [that was even before the cup final]) the whole mole issue, also the Tuchel vs Mislintat saga. It makes perfect sense imo to make a clean cut instead of risking an escalation next season. Basically the management, some stuff and (at least important parts of the squad) had a bad relationship with Tuchel.

Also he derserves credit for the development of players like Dembele, Guerreiro, Weigl etc, he "only" did well with Dortmund. Nothing extraordinary.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

To sum it all , Tuchel lost the dressing room, had problems with the scouting department and finally his beef with Watzke was the zenith of his problems Tuchel is very intelligent but poor with social skills. I have observed the way he conducts himself at close range, and i must say, i am not impressed. He seems to have enemies every where. He does not know when to talk or shut up-

Another thing, the guys presently handling the affairs of Dortmund are pro Klopp in their antics. Klopp was everybody's darling because he is likeable guy and stark with communication skills. IMHO, Tuchel needs to grow up!!
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

txj wrote:
Yiba wrote:

Always thought he had a 'bipolar' football mind...Strange cat..
He is erratic in composure and like a nerd.