Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Post by bully12 »

anikulapo wrote:
bully12 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:If this news is true I would sign him and let him compete for a spot in the preseason. Hell Bellerin, Holding and others earned their stripes from their exceptional performance in the preseason . If he is not guaranteed regular playing time he can always be loaned out to an EPL with a guarantee of X amout of minutes ... and again this all depends on the future of Alexis and the Germans parasite .

Personally I can't wait to see the lad in an Arsenal jersey .... he has that difference maker quality albeit not definitive since it's YouTube clips .... I'm looking forward to seeing a body of work through a full run of games
From what I gathered with you post you want the boy to sign with the team for your own selfishness not for the boy's sake . On behalf of the boy I will tell you no thank you.

Apparently you didn't get the point so never mind ... let him go to West Ham now to make you happy :mrgreen:
He should go to one of top teams in League one France if they are interested in him which I heard that they are.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bully12 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bully12 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:If this news is true I would sign him and let him compete for a spot in the preseason. Hell Bellerin, Holding and others earned their stripes from their exceptional performance in the preseason . If he is not guaranteed regular playing time he can always be loaned out to an EPL with a guarantee of X amout of minutes ... and again this all depends on the future of Alexis and the Germans parasite .

Personally I can't wait to see the lad in an Arsenal jersey .... he has that difference maker quality albeit not definitive since it's YouTube clips .... I'm looking forward to seeing a body of work through a full run of games
From what I gathered with you post you want the boy to sign with the team for your own selfishness not for the boy's sake . On behalf of the boy I will tell you no thank you.

Apparently you didn't get the point so never mind ... let him go to West Ham now to make you happy :mrgreen:
He should go to one of top teams in League one France if they are interested in him which I heard that they are.

Fair enough it's all about opinions 8-)
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
bully12 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bully12 wrote:

Fair enough it's all about opinions 8-)
:shock: Our boy is growing up. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Mr Danfo Driver and co, i didn't insult u and it looks like you cannot read anything objectively.

Any where he goes.......Spain, Italy, France, germany, England, Belgium even Turkey. to play for a team of Arsenal's quality/ caliber, you have to compete for places and if you don't measure up you are dropped easy and ur done.

Name any top 4 teams in any of the above leagues that will guarantee him a place? answer =0

infact, no other big teams are in for him. Wenger has big faith and ideas for the kid, i know this personally. All this teams, Everton, Westham and co.... are pressure cookers, he will be expected to come in and score 20goals....at Arsenal, if he scores 10 he is the next big thing.

Iwobi is there with him, he will tell him that while everyone's head was down for a dead rubber at the nou camp, he kept on working hard and Wenger picked him over bigger stars and he was a virtually unknown. same for Holding, sanogo, campbell and also Gnarbry.

He should tell himself the truth......is he good enough to play for ARSENAL now? if the answer is YES then he should go there on Tuesday and don't be a frightened chicken and tell them how good he is.

if the answer is yes then........think about staying put where he is or going to france. if no then........
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:I don't know where you guys reside but sky sport news is almost as reliable as BBC. It's not just a tabloid like sun, daily mirror, guidian etc. guy sport said that arsenal has agreed to meet his "clause" they never that he has signed. However, arsenal fans started complaining upon hearing that news the reaction was horrible. Maybe, we get changed his mind.
John12,

Sky sports is owned by who? Is it not Rupert Murdoch? He is the guy who made tabloid what it is today and directly responsible for changing what news is today. Now, I am not familiar with Skysports daily reporting but Murdoch has a formula and he has used it in England with his newspapers, in Australia, and in the United States. Except Skysports is different. If it is, then it will wait until a deal is done and by then it will be playing second place to other outlets and Murdoch does not play second place.

In any case, you point to a key issue -- that news can change. That is really important and deals can fall apart art the last minute. However, I would not claim that an Arsenal deal for Onyekuru has fallen apart. After all, there is no news to state that he has signed for another club. It remains fluid as far as I know.
Everton fight off competition from Arsenal to sign highly-rated Nigerian winger Henry Onyekuru

By Dominic King for MailOnline
PUBLISHED: 07:39 EDT, 27 June 2017 | UPDATED: 08:02 EDT, 27 June 2017

Everton have pulled off a significant transfer coup by landing the signature of Henry Onyekuru from Belgian outfit KAS Eupen.

The Nigeria striker finished last season as the joint leading scorer in the Belgian Super League with 22 goals in 38 games – 10 of those came in the final 10 games – and he has attracted the attention of a number of top clubs across Europe.

His form was so good that he won his first international caps at the end of the campaign for Nigeria.
Arsenal had been regarded as leading the chase for the 20-year-old but Everton have trumped them all by negotiating a deal with Eupen that will see Onyekuru spend a season on loan with Anderlecht before coming to the Premier League.

Everton feel another season spent with Anderlecht, who will be playing in the Champions League, will be significant for Onyekuru's development and he will arrive at Goodison Park in 12 months' time a much more polished forward.

Onyekuru is understood to have undergone a medical at Everton's Finch Farm training base on Monday and agreed personal terms to maintain Everton's impressive start to their summer transfer business.

Onyekuru will join Anderlect on loan for a year before joining Everton in 12 months' time +5
Onyekuru will join Anderlect on loan for a year before joining Everton in 12 months' time

Having smashed their club transfer record to sign £30million goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and followed up with the addition of £25million Davy Klaassen from Ajax, Everton are not finished by any means.

Sandro Ramirez, the Spain Under-21 striker, has agreed personal terms and passed a medical and is waiting impatiently for his move to be completed from Malaga after Everton triggered his £5.2million release clause. Though Real Madrid have been linked with Sandro, no problems are envisaged.

Everton will then set about securing the signatures of Gylfi Sigurdsson, who is Ronald Koeman's prime target, and Burnley defender Michael Keane. It is likely they will move for another striker, too, before the window closes in August.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4lCkXYUvj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I would like to know what John12 now thinks about Sky? News these days have to be reported quickly and sometimes when deals are not fully completed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics