Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kbt
Egg
Egg
Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Post by kbt »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... y-onyekuru
Arsenal have agreed a £6.8m fee with KAS Eupen for Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru, according to Sky sources.

The Gunners have been in talks with the Belgian club since last week, having led a string of Premier League teams interested in the 19-year-old, and have finally made a breakthrough.

Personal terms have not yet been agreed with the player's representatives, Sky sources understand, but he is an avid Arsenal fan and understood to be keen on the move.
Onyekuru is the top scorer in the Jupiler League, notching his 20th goal on May 20, and has been of interest to Everton, Southampton, West Ham and West Brom.

He is thought to have a £6.8m release clause in his contract, and has already turned down moves to Belgian giants Brugge and Anderlecht.

Celtic are also understood to have come close to signing him in January but Eupen refused to sell him during the winter transfer window.

Onyekuru made his debut for Eupen in 2015 as a 17-year-old and helped the club achieve promotion to the Belgian top flight in his debut season.

The player is currently on international duty with Nigeria, who play a friendly against Togo in Paris on Thursday.
osita
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Post by osita »

Congrats to the boy! :thumb:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Between him, Osimhen, and Nacho, it seems we might have a legit strike force by the next AFCON. I'm thinking Russia 2018 might be too soon.

I wish Awoniyi was progressing at the same rate cos he'll provide a different option.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And to think onyekuru and his agent wanted to die because Eupem wouldn't sell to Celtic in January. God is good! When one door closes, God is opening a much better door for you. Just calm down and trust God! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

My goodness! This is good to hear!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Good move. He'll get to play in the Europa League again. :thumb:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Where will he go on loan?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Where will he go on loan?
:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: just wish the boy well.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Arsenal? Really? He will not get any playing time there. Unless he is ok with playing on Thursday nights Europa Cup, FA cup and Carlin cup matches.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Goodluck to him. I hope he can become a solid player for Arsenal and Nigeria.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Arsenal are my bew team.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Undertaker wrote:Arsenal? Really? He will not get any playing time there. Unless he is ok with playing on Thursday nights Europa Cup, FA cup and Carlin cup matches.
Sometimes you guys speak with so much authority on a BS angle that the unaware will take it as the gospel truth. :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

1naija wrote:Arsenal are my bew team.
Is that a new way of saying new? :D
boo?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
That's why I'm asking. I doubt Wenger will give him a starting role with the likes of Giroud and Walcott on the bench. However, with his style Arsenal is prolly his best bet.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Cito wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Arsenal? Really? He will not get any playing time there. Unless he is ok with playing on Thursday nights Europa Cup, FA cup and Carlin cup matches.
Sometimes you guys speak with so much authority on a BS angle that the unaware will take it as the gospel truth. :mrgreen:
Oh, so he is the player to replace Alexis? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
That's why I'm asking. I doubt Wenger will give him a starting role with the likes of Giroud and Walcott on the bench. However, with his style Arsenal is prolly his best bet.

If na Kayode now, you will be twerking :woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Have no clue why Arsenal hasn't put in a bid for Nacho. Firmly believe Nacho is a steal at 20m
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Maybe to replace Sanchez? Sanchez may be parking his bags in direction Bayern.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Undertaker wrote:
Cito wrote:
Oh, so he is the player to replace Alexis? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
That is a definite proclamation with no information to back you up. Did Walcott get playing time this season? What about Oxlade? What happened to Alexis when Walcott plays?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Europa is great training grounds for the frontline - prove yourself there & big things show up.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Devilish people! Of course he is Nigerian so you will look down on him and wish him evil! The highest goal scorer in the belgian league will not get playing time in a club that fought against others to sign him??

wicked people!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

If na Kayode now, you will be twerking :woot: :woot: :woot:
Abeg! Abeg! no give me nightmare! I just imagined one 65 year old fat Yoruba man in Agbada twerking. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I cant wait to start reading comments from those ho insulted him last week.

I guess since he will now be playing for Arsenal, he is now automatically better than Musa and Simon Moses? Abi? Another one told us a glorified right back, Victor Moses is better because that one plays for Chelsea :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Simon Moses has been in the Belgian League, we are waiting for a top club to come and buy him. Nonsense! League that Onyekuru just showed up and destroyed!