Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Arsenal agree £6.8m transfer fee for Henry Onyekuru

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Why hasn't Emenalo come in to pour sand sand inside assnal garri..this guy looks like a Chelsea player.....he is too big for assnal
God forbid bad tin.

Go to Chelski so they turn him into a Goalkeeper?

Tufiakwa! Dem send You?
Ask spurs what my uncle Mike did when Chelsea hijacked Willian
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:Arsenal are my bew team.
Nwakali, Onyekuru and Iwobi. Who wan come join me for Emirates next season? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
... but between the three of them will they get more starts combined than Moses at Chelsea? :taunt:

Una well done sha. Better take care of our boys O! :thumbs:
You don show face again. You never learn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bia! Wetin happen to Kenneth Omeuro? I hear he has had more loan clubs than hot dinners? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

let's see him holding Arsenal jersey. :thumb:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:let's see him holding Arsenal jersey. :thumb:
True! Until then, it is all rumours. :sneaky: :P :P
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Waffiman wrote:
Honestly, I thought you have inside info within Arsenal circle. Oh my God are you implying now you don't. I thought you will be first to know whether the news is just a rumor or authentic news.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

3 days counting, assnal never sign..another could have would have lmao..what a worthless football club
SuperEagles

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bully12 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Honestly, I thought you have inside info within Arsenal circle. Oh my God are you implying now you don't. I thought you will be first to know whether the news is just a rumor or authentic news.
I don't have any inside info bros.

The thing about any transfer is, nothing is done until the papers are signed. Anything can go wrong at any time. Apart from other clubs looking to gazump your deal or even Agent putting out false stories to drum up interest in their player, there are all sorts of pitfalls even after there are agreements not deemed official. For example, I have known a player do and pass a medical at Arsenal, only for the club to change their minds and cancel the deal. I have also known of players, arriving at the club, getting a phone call and signing elsewhere. Then there is the major issue of money and Agents. Right now, you can bet all sorts shysters and hustlers, claiming to be the player's Agent and threatening all sorts if they are ignored will be calling the club. I have known some to even submit fake contract they claim to have with the player, just to muscle in on the deal somehow. It is a jungle invested with poisonous snakes, out in the world of transfers. Nothing is done until the 'i's are dotted, 't's crossed, and all papers signed. Then the official confirmation.

The good sign about this is, it has been very quiet with nothing coming from the player's side or Arsenal. This looks like a tell tale sign of how Arsenal do business. They get everyone involved onside and make them sign confidentiality agreements which is paid for as an added fee in the players terms, not a word is said until it is all done. Usually, the leaks come from the selling club who are forever looking to get as much money as possible.

My bro, this is silly season. Anything is possible. Nothing here is for real. Agents are very good at planting stories, you just never know. This is why I am always very sceptical and always use words to ensure nothing is done until it is official.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Arsenal Insider Reveals – Onyekuru To Arsenal Is Not Going To Happen
June 1, 2017 Nigeria
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/01/ar ... to-happen/

The proposed move of hot in demand Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru to Arsenal from Belgium side KAS Eupen is not going to happen according to David Ornstein.

Reports has it that Arsenal have agreed a deal for the 19 year old in the region of £6.8m, with the forward reportedly due for a medical at Arsenal after his international engagement with Nigeria.

However Ornstein who works for the BBC and mostly covered games and news about arsenal revealed the stories from what he has gathered is false, categorically stating the deal won’t happen.

In a podcast on popular arsenal news related website arseblog‎, Ornstein said the talks probably emanated from the agent of the player as a way of drumming up interest for his client.

“The Nigerian striker [link], I’m told, is not a true story,” he said. “I don’t think that is happening.

“I don’t know whether that’s emanated from his club or agents around him but as things stand that is not happening.”

Ade Emmanuel
Onyekuru to Arsenal Not Done Deal Yet headline mine
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/06/01/s ... in-london/

Premier League champions Chelsea and German Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund are prepared to hijack Nigeria striker Henry Onyekuru from Arsenal by paying more for him, SCORENigeria can again exclusively report.

Both clubs have already contacted the player’s agents Mercato, whose representatives are now in London for transfer talks.

Premier League clubs Swansea and West Ham United as well as Schalke 04 from the Bundesliga are also prepared to match Arsenal offer for the exciting striker.

“Henry (Onyekuru) case is just like a beautiful lady noticed by many eligible bachelors,” a source told SCORENigeria

“Chelsea and Dortmund have now contacted his agents on Wednesday and they are ready to pay him more than £38,000 a week as well as meet the eight million Euros transfer fee.

“But his mind seems to be with Arsenal as they have been his childhood club, but you can never say never in football.

“I am sure we will know his destination soonest.”

By Olusola Alao
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So una dey tell me say this is all fake news ??? Smh :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is the usual BS. They leak fake news to the media. Use Arsenal to get attention for their client.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I warned you guys, that Chelsea will get this kid..una never see anything yet
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:
June 1, 2017 Nigeria

The proposed move of hot in demand Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru to Arsenal from Belgium side KAS Eupen is not going to happen according to David Ornstein.

Reports has it that Arsenal have agreed a deal for the 19 year old in the region of £6.8m, with the forward reportedly due for a medical at Arsenal after his international engagement with Nigeria.

However Ornstein who works for the BBC and mostly covered games and news about arsenal revealed the stories from what he has gathered is false, categorically stating the deal won’t happen.

In a podcast on popular arsenal news related website arseblog‎, Ornstein said the talks probably emanated from the agent of the player as a way of drumming up interest for his client.

“The Nigerian striker [link], I’m told, is not a true story,” he said. “I don’t think that is happening.

“I don’t know whether that’s emanated from his club or agents around him but as things stand that is not happening.”

Ade Emmanuel

Premier League champions Chelsea and German Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund are prepared to hijack Nigeria striker Henry Onyekuru from Arsenal by paying more for him, SCORENigeria can again exclusively report.

Both clubs have already contacted the player’s agents Mercato, whose representatives are now in London for transfer talks.

Premier League clubs Swansea and West Ham United as well as Schalke 04 from the Bundesliga are also prepared to match Arsenal offer for the exciting striker.

“Henry (Onyekuru) case is just like a beautiful lady noticed by many eligible bachelors,” a source told SCORENigeria

“Chelsea and Dortmund have now contacted his agents on Wednesday and they are ready to pay him more than £38,000 a week as well as meet the eight million Euros transfer fee.

“But his mind seems to be with Arsenal as they have been his childhood club, but you can never say never in football.

By Olusola Alao

:rotf: :rotf: Uncle EII, you really want this story to be false eh? :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:So una dey tell me say this is all fake news ??? Smh :curse:
This one is not fake though. Good deal if you ask me. Oh let me know if you need some nerve calming palmy :tic:

Gunners forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, and midfielder Mesut Ozil, 28, both want in excess of £350,000 a week to stay at the club. Both players are entering the final year of their contracts, writes the Daily Mirror.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... t-10537335
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu II wrote:
June 1, 2017 Nigeria

Ade Emmanuel

By Olusola Alao
Arsene did say Arsenal is only signing top TOP quality. Onyekuru has not shown himself to be worth that risk. The Arsenal Football Club will be signing Pierre Emerick Aubameyang and Ivan Rakitic.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The news was posted on sky sports one of the most reliable news outlet. If he ends up not signing then it's because of something different and not false story
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

john12 wrote:The news was posted on sky sports one of the most reliable news outlet. If he ends up not signing then it's because of something different and not false story
Is this the first transfer season you have followed? In the offseason, do NOT pay attention to anything Sky Sports says. They and many others get it wrong pretty often. It helps drive engagement and traffic to them so they run with every story.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

john12 wrote:The news was posted on sky sports one of the most reliable news outlet. If he ends up not signing then it's because of something different and not false story
rubbish Sky sports aren't as reliable as the BBC...
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:
Is this the first transfer season you have followed? In the offseason, do NOT pay attention to anything Sky Sports says. They and many others get it wrong pretty often. It helps drive engagement and traffic to them so they run with every story.

This is what tabloid journalism is all about. These outlets are all trying to break the news ahead of others. All this simply means is that Onyekuru is still negotiating with Arsenal and nothing more. Anything can happen in negotiation. A deal could be finalized and signed or it does not happen. Its that simple.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

....arsene is not talking to Henry, so I don't get it when wengerbabes act like 14 yr old girlies @ a Bieber concert......they need to get a grip of their emotions
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:

This is what tabloid journalism is all about. These outlets are all trying to break the news ahead of others. All this simply means is that Onyekuru is still negotiating with Arsenal and nothing more. Anything can happen in negotiation. A deal could be finalized and signed or it does not happen. Its that simple.

Every year, it happens and every year people fall hook, line and sinker. Arsenal owns Mata and Hazard if you believe these guys
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
platinum wrote:

Every year, it happens and every year people fall hook, line and sinker. Arsenal owns Mata and Hazard if you believe these guys
It sells papers, as they say, and thus it is not stopping anytime soon. What is today defined as news is a mixture of entertainment and fact. These rumors have their place as entertainment and they create excitement that sells.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I don't know where you guys reside but sky sport news is almost as reliable as BBC. It's not just a tabloid like sun, daily mirror, guidian etc. guy sport said that arsenal has agreed to meet his "clause" they never that he has signed. However, arsenal fans started complaining upon hearing that news the reaction was horrible. Maybe, we get changed his mind.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

john12 wrote:I don't know where you guys reside but sky sport news is almost as reliable as BBC. It's not just a tabloid like sun, daily mirror, guidian etc. guy sport said that arsenal has agreed to meet his "clause" they never that he has signed. However, arsenal fans started complaining upon hearing that news the reaction was horrible. Maybe, we get changed his mind.

If you believe this then I can see why you think Sky Sports is reliable for this type of news.